Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oh holy WOW!
csshughes posted:
I woke up this morning more stiff than I have in a week and I almost forgot how painful it is to walk across the hall to the restroom!!! Since I can't get back to sleep, I decided to start a new puzzle... It seemed to keep my mind busy and off the pain until I saw a spider inside my puzzle box! I jumped up, throwing my pieces everywhere and screamed...not in terror but in pain. I forgot to keep myself moving here and there. and holy WOW! Today does not seem to be starting off very well
~~HoNeY bEe~~

Take the Poll

What do you do to ease the pain? *besides medication*
vote
View Poll Results

dollbug responded:
Hello.....sorry that you are not feeling better...I did want to say that taking a hot shower using lavender bath salts helps my body to relax so that I can sleep better....using a heating pad is also good for me and Stopain Spray (walmart) as needed....drinking plenty of water and watching what I eat is also a plus....gentle stretching and exercising is a must every day....whether I feel like it or not...

Keeping your stress level down and getting plenty of sleep is also a must....I have also figured out that I need to keep myself on a schedule of sorts....this really does help...eating around the same time each day...going to bed and getting up the same time is also good...(not that this happens all of the time)....

I do not think your poll was set up to actully be a poll...perhaps you could have given choices on it and then it might have worked...

You did not say what you have tried....do you take any medications? Vitamins and supplements? Have you found anything which has helped you? Have you gotten your Vitamin D level checked?

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Dearest Honeybee... I first and foremost accept the pain as my given day and then don't give up... I don't move to get out of bed until I do some stretches... It is my ritual... I am in pain 24/7 and suffer from multiple pain illnesses so I scream getting up even after the stretches... but at least after the stretches I can move to get out of bed... before I can barely roll...

I am one that needs plenty of rest and exercise... I do both in timely manners for if I do them at the same time every day I feel better... I also do stretches to stay limber sitting in my wheelchair when I am up... I have to stop typing to give my hands time to rest and to stretch them so they will type... Thinking about getting a voice program but then I got to thinking I might weaken my hands if I do... Pushing myself to type even when it hurts and I make a lot of mistakes... keeps me using hands that use to do a lot more then type... But my crocheting looks really funny lol... and the finished product is unrecognizable lol...

Every thing I do is exercise... walking across the room to the bathroom... I often do the trip twice just for exercise... or I forgot to go to the bathroom lol... loading the dishwasher... the bending up and down... holding onto the cupboard of course... folding clothes... oweee... but great exercise... it takes forever tho...

That is about all I can do if I can do it... Not only because of pain tho... I have other things that keep me from doing things too...

the pain I deal with by taking pain killers and a FM med and some meds for other illnesses... and meditation and self hypnosis... I have gotten so good at self hypnosis I can carry on a conversation and even answer the door or phone... Haven't figured out how to type lol... But I am working on it... lol.. I can deal with most of the pain by believing it isn't bad long enough to give my body and mind a break so I can at least relax and rest when I come out of hypnosis... Of course I can also rest in hypnosis too... I can't say the pain is gone but it isn't as bad and I can feel better for a time... My pain killers usually keep my level at a 3-5 and to me that is tolerable... Without them I am at a constant 8-10... or worse... I don't think 10 is high enough to describe our pain sometimes...

Meditation is nice... I take myself back to when I could fish and catch the big ones... bigger then my husband lol... I sit under the tree and watch the soft rain drops make ripples in the pond... I sit under the moonlight in my husbands arms... I walk painfree in a flower garden... I use my memories to take me places a lot... My husband is no longer alive and I relive memories of him... Making him closer to me... and giving me peace...

In my hypnosis and meditation I strive to find a level of peace and carefree space... I know easier said then done... After a while it got pretty easy for me... I just kept working at it... believing it could happen... It helps my stress and pain alike...

The best thing I do for myself in dealing with my pain and illness daily... actually moment by moment... is accept it.. I have to accept me as the new me and the life I have now in order to love laugh and find contentment in the life I have now... That helps me fight the pain better then anything... It isn't always the easiest thing to do but it is a must do for me... I do still get upset and depressed... angry and ask why... but for the most part I put my best effort into helping others and making some good out of this junk... Then I find it a lot easier to deal with my pain... trying to share my strength and positive attitude creates a better me... and that helps...

I have rambled too long...

take care... love Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.