Monday, Monday ****11/5/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC....where it is still really dark...and cold...I got up way too early this morning and I have no idea why I woke up....tried to drift back off to sleep but it did not work....so I finally had no choice but to get out and about...and then I woke up Harley....as I am dog sitting her again...she was good enough to sleep all night though...which I am so very thankful for...sometimes she wants to get up and go outside...I guess she figured out it is getting too cold to do this...

I do hope everyone had a good week-end...and I hope today will be a good week for everyone...it was an interesting week-end for me...had to take one car down to get serviced ....and get a ride back home....and then had to take another one to get checked....as a light popped on for it....it is always something when you have vehicles, children/grandchildren or a house....always something to fix or take care of...but I guess this is just life...

I was able to go back and pick up a *chess game* for Alec for Christmas....actually I got 2...one for him and one to stay at MiMi's....so when he comes over here I can also learn how to play....anyone know how the game works? I do not have a clue...years ago we were into card games and some board games but I never had an interest in chess...but I guess I will eventually learn..(hopefully)...

Thanksgiving is just around the corner now....and then Christmas will be here before we know it....I think I am ready for it as far as the grandchildren's gifts...I enjoy the music and sounds and sights of Christmastime...this is indeed my favorite time of the year...but so much hustle and bustle....makes me tired just thinking about what is ahead...

Welcome to the new members who have found us....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...there are no magic pills or overnight fixes...everything is a process with dealing with the wrath of the dragon...and since we are all different....what works for one may or may not work for another....and it is usually a combination of *tools and tips* that really make a difference in how we feel...only you will know when you have found the right combination that works for you.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....which is so important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

Take's all folks....have a good Monday....

Remember to vote tomorrow....if you missed the early voting...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and Fmily,

32* here and it is cold.....(this is when I don't thank Canada for the gifts they give us in NY! ) I wrote a lengthy OT note yesterday and lost it do to going back for spellng corrections, the button was grey....ARGH... But I left it as such. I just wanted to talk about the tragedy here and the pain.

Our TV has coverage to help those in need all the time. One woman just got me. "I just want to go "home" and there is NO HOME...it is gone. She was picking up pieces of herself and her life all scattered around the landscape and in the water.

Very moving. I donated to the Red Cross so easily via my iTunes account and by iPhone text so I feel better but it motivated me to do more in the community and was out to help yesterday. I couldn't find an official help area...I did do some good but it is frustrating to know I have spae here and hot everything and could help.....

Well, today is another day. I have no work as the building is still without power and I must use this constructively to DO things......but in my building is MY DOCTOR so I can't get shots for a month and THAT will hold me back! I am going to be a knot by the time my session comes.

Last night I was not able to sleep well, already (as today was time for injections) I couldn't lay down without choking feeling. So I had to wait for the meds to kick in and go in whenI was real relaxed.....lay slowly down and it worked but the night was interrupted alot. This is the begining of the pattern I had before this therapy.

I am counting each and every blessing we have........Nancy B

booch007 responded:
Just to add humor here.....when you posted "Did you remember to fall back?"

If there is one thing we as Fmer's don't need it is to "Fall back" LOL Ha! Falling is a curse among us!!

Just saying....was that a play on words????

NanaB!

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG.....Nana B....this is how I remember to adjust the clocks.....*fall back and spring forward*.....I always got confused about which way this was suppose to happen....

Trust me.....as you know I am one who has had several very bad falls....which resulted in 2 broken wrists and 2 surgeries to *mend them*....

I would not wish this on anyone....

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning all... I hope you all had a good weekend... Mine wasn't all that great but it is over now... I found the strength to sorta yell for my Cowboys.. another 20 yds and we might have had em.. I will never figure out why they didn't kneel and take the win... But it was their win anyway and I thought it was a good game even tho I couldn't enjoy cheering like I do... I was paralyzed with pain... Bad omen for my boys lol... but they at least played a good game for a change...

I am still hurting and wanting to go to bed but I have to go to do lab... I hate that lol... but I have an appointment so it won't take long...

Then maybe if my son isn't called into work I can rest a little while till he works... I had a bad night.. was up every half an hour to an hour... Just couldn't get comfortable I had back spasms that wouldn't give up... I haven't been like that for a while... But I think the parkinson jerks got to my back... it snapped during a real bad jerk and spasmed and just kept spasming... Such is life... say hey.. just another day in the life and times of little old me... lol... I still look like a spastic case lol...

I took a fall again too... My puppy was so upset... I had to sit there for quite a while... and he was trying to crawl on me and it hurt... I think he felt rejected... He sat about a foot away and just looked at me till I finally pulled myself up on the bed... It took a while for me to call her up and when I did she curled up and laid her head on my chest... It actually hurt but I didn't shove her away... My hands hurt so bad from falling on them that when she licked them I had to pull them away from her tho... they still hurt pretty bad... touching the keys sends little shocks thru them... lol... I am electrical lol... I am going to wear my braces today and see if that helps... I can still lift my coffee and the shocks are like little ticklers now so I can still come here and gripe about it lol... So I think I will survive...

I am not jerking bad just shaking real bad... I have never had blood drawn shaking like this lol... could be a challenge for the old self hypnosis lol...

The FM is full score has been a couple days again... I feel like I have hurt every joint in my body and then heavily bruised the rest of it... Or torn me to pieces being run over by a couple of mac trucks... But I know I am not alone there... So once again life goes on for the likes of me...

I have to go get ready.. My son will take my grandson to school at 7:45 and take me over to the lab...

So you all have a good day and take care...

love Jan/Dakota

KatmanduLou responded:
Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend.

It's cold here, just 37? this morning. DH didn't go for his usual bike ride, he opted to swim at the Y. I'm tired, and wish I had opted to stay in bed. LOL I see the dermatologist this after, and I hope she has an answer for why my hair is falling out. I can feel that I don't have a smooth head, so shaving it is not an option!

Tomorrow, tomorrow"026 the election is over, and we'll get back our control over the TV, radio and phones. We have some big races in New England, and I'll be glad when the attack ads have disappeared. I'm working art the polls tomorrow, and I start my new bookstore job Wed morning. This week should be fun. LOL

Mimi, check out chess.com for instructions. I learned how to play when I was a teen, but I haven't played in many years. I remember playing with DH a l-o-n-g time ago, and he beat me.

Nancy, I used to lose messages when I was writing them. Now I use a different software fofr the message, copy and pasture into the window. I haven't lost one since! I continue to pray for those who were really impacted by Superstorm Sandy. So much of the waterfront in nearby Rhode Island was also heavily hit. I can't imagine losing everything at once, and I'll try to be more grateful for what I have.

Jan, it's good to see you again, and I hope you're feeling better soon. 'Back in the day', when I had cats, my first-born - (Kat) Mandu - would sleep on me. She always seemed to know just where she could lay. 10 years ago I broke my foot, and I put a pillow under the covers to give it more room. She laid down on the other side of the pillow, knowing she shouldn't lay on the foot. Your pup will learn what she can and can't do.

That's all for now. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

jillylin responded:
Hi Mimi,

hello from windy UK. It is our Guy Fawkes night so fireworks are going off all around the country tonight.

I finally had to admit defeat and will be stopping work on the 9th December. I am heartbroken I can't dance anymore but I am living with my body screaming at me and I guess I have to start listening.

Good news is that my VitD level is going up . Thanks for drawing my attention to how important that might be.

We don't have Thanksgiving but I know my American family do. I was skyping with my grandsons yesterday and they were full of their plans for the holidays. I wanted to come over to the US for Christmas but can't do it this year but with luck, I will be over for Spring Break so I can get excited about that .

Hope you are all doing as well as you can do.

Hugs
Jilly in the UK

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone, I missed a few days so I had a lot of reading to do to catch up. I worked 12hr shifts on Sat-Sun. like I used to for so many years. I miss the people from my old department. It was good to work with them again. It made me want to go back to my old job in some ways. There is an opening and they would be giddy t have me back. Between the old job I had and the back-up supervisor position open there is another good path I could take. With my dissapointment in the eay they are handling my training program, I have been thinking about going for it. I just don't know.

The one day off wasn't realy enough but I'm getting through it so far. I was very sore and ready for a nap when I got home so I didn't dare sit down, lots to do. I replaced steering parts on the Jeep before the kids got home. I am usually pretty gracefull but managed to hit my head on the front steel bumper twice. You would think after the first I would realize what I was doing wrong. No blood loss so I'm OK. LoL.

I hope you all stay safe and warm, take care and have a good day tomorrow.

Cory

CrazyTaurensWife responded:
Hello

I've been very busy with school (and life in general), but I'm trying to stop by to catch up on reading what everyone is doing. School is going ok, but not as well as I would like it to be. My FM symptoms have been acting up and I've had to complete assignments when I haven't been able to think clearly. I put the wrong files into an assignment folder and ended up with 63%. The instructor has let me submit a corrected file, but I won't get full marks for what I've turned in. Oh well...at least it'll be better than 63%!

I've been having weird flares for the past month or so. I'm either in a lot of pain or my brain decides to check out. Not being able to think clearly, speak, or understand what people say scares me. It used to only happen every once in a great while and only in the late evening. It is starting earlier and happening more frequently. It happened for about a week straight and was starting in the early afternoon. It was to the point where I refused to drive, so my husband had to get up and take me.

I'm on a waiting list to get in with a doctor who has at least some patients who have FM. I was told it would probably be a month or two before I hear anything.

My DH & I got new phones a couple of weeks ago, so I've been experimenting with apps. (I went from a *very* basic text/cell phone to an iphone, so it's all new for me). One of the first ones I tried is WebMD's Pain Coach. I can track just about all of my FM symptoms, medications, and triggers, plus write notes on how I'm feeling. If any of you have smartphones, I definitely recommend trying this out. http://www.webmd.com/mobile You can also find it (and the other WebMD apps) by clicking on "WebMD Mobile" at the *very* bottom of each WebMD page.

Oops...I meant to be in bed half an hour ago! I hope you all get plenty of rest tonight so you'll have a better day tomorrow

~air hugs~

~Jessi