Skip to content
ELECTION DAY ****11/6/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Thank GOD this day will soon be over with....Morning FMily....I am glad that today is finally here and hopefully soon everyone can get back to a *somewhat normal life*....I bet if I have gotten 1 political call I have gotten at least 100 recently....I think I have had enough of all of it....I do understand that it is important for people to vote...and some people just do not do this anyway...

I did sleep ok last night...but I woke up again too darn early....and my body is trying to adjust to the time change...it always takes me time to get use to the changes of time that we have each year....it takes the furbabies a while to adjust as well.

I am thankful that it has not rained recently but they are calling for showers today....perhaps the rain will miss my area...I have Harley again....and she does not like to go out in the rain either...she has been good though for me...the first night is usually the worse for her...as she does not understand why my son has left her here...

Schools were out yesterday and today...and Alec was sick Thursday and Friday...so he has really had a long break from school...I hope he will be ready to go back tomorrow....so I have also had a break from staying with Noah...

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all...with lots of sunshine...the warm sunshine feels so good...high 60*s are headed our way for several days again...so I am looking forward to this kind of weather...weird though for this time of year. It has been predicted that this will be a really cold winter season...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...

Hang out here with us for a while...and post often....ask questions and make comments and/or suggestions...we are here to share what we know and hopefully help one another along this journey of dealing (or as Nana B states dancing) with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...

Have a good day today and remember to VOTE...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am on the way out the door to run the Election Day bake sale table for our church. The sun is out, but it's only 19 DEGREES and the table is OUTSIDE. I am not much looking forward to that. When it hits the 30s this afternoon it will feel like spring!

We are due for a Nor'Easter tomorrow as well, with snow, sleet, rain and wind. I'm not sure how I will take care of my client who needs shovelling out since I'm still on a cane, but I'll think of something. Maybe I can get Husband to help.

Have to make breakfast and run---I'm supposed to be there by 8 and I need to stop and vote on the way. Hope everyone has a good day!

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... It doesn't feel like morning but I will live with it... I got up for the last time shortly before 4... I need to be up around 5:30 and around 4:30 I was still wide awake so I put the coffee on... put very few dishes in the dishwasher and started it... and now I am here...

But I am feeling like I have caught a cold... Cough has changed... more frequent... oh not another trip to the dr please I am sooo tired of appointments... Nothing is infected yet I don't think... I will watch it... This is my pneumonia time of year and with the risk of water in my lungs now they say it can hit hard... I had a little fever last night but it isn't here now...

I feel like all I do is come here and talk about being sick lol... But it isn't always FM I talk about... Do you ever get sick of it... You know I guess you know the FM is just there... I don't think it ever goes away... just flares and gets worse sometimes... I just don't think to mention it always... or do I and forget lol... I have done a lot of that lately...

I have been keeping a diary lately and did the voodoo thing last night... I read some of it... I usually don't but I have had so many memory lapses I was curious as to what was going down in my life lol... I didn't know I was feeling so out of wack... I mentioned you all several times... and how it felt coming here to vent and to open up... That was a good... But most of it was like a nightmare... I look at it now and think it is a blessing to have memory lapses lol...

Well... I think I will read some... typing is being a pain so I need to rest my hands.. Yeh right lol... If I can read and keep my mouth shut lol...

you all take care and have a great day...

love... Jan/Dakota

booch007 responded:
Good morning....23* here. Oh man I can't get the people struggling off my mind. I remember how cold this house was on the last bad storm when we lost 6 trees here....

I see them just breakdown and cry. I feel like I want to do so much more. But I have done some. I can't clean their messes with our illness. Just trying to get the filter off the pool did me in and I don't have shots for a month.

Headache is bad from pulling yesterday and I knew when I did it...don't go there and I stopped. Too late.

The county where my building is, where I work is in one of the wealthiest areas of our state. Westchester County has all the millionaires. Well they left this county and it's poorer areas too to be the last to be attended to. THIS IS WHY the medical building that I am in has no power. They do dyalisis in this building and pediatric oncology does there chemo infusions right next to us.....IT IS UNIMAGINABLE to me that they didn't get it up and running.

This is attached to the large Medical center and the staff that is in there is hospital staff and patients that are seen pre-op, post-op our largest Orthopedic Group is in there.....I am really beside myself on this error. Dyalisis must be going to the hospital for care.....and someone who went to the office for supplies saw children in the hall not knowing what to do? We have no phones, but all the staff are using their cell phones to contact patients to explain the mmishap we are in.....

OK, this is so off topic.

OK, for me I cannot work without my own office arena. It is not safe to be in another area and stress people. So I wait......

I got coats and sweatshirts to the victims and went to good will and gave some things in my cleaning I am doing. I am thinking this is the window God gave me to decorate for Christmas.....see Mimi I can be there with ya in the count down!

I ironed all the clothes for winter and put them away....straightened the drawers in the kitchen...am getting organised in this sense of disorganization! It is helping me.

Those attached to me on FB know I was getting lost....couldn't find something to do, something to make my day filled, something to use as a med of distraction.

TODAY I VOTE.....may you all be able to get out and put in your voice. DH and I always cancel eachother out...so I often say..why bother we two should stay home!

OK...make it a good day, stay warm and look for something good to come your way. "eyes open" It will arive, you just have to be open to it! Nancy B

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning! Happy Election Day!

I got up and voted early before work. I have a hair appt after work and was afraid the lines would be long and time between voting and my hair appt would be an issue.

Surprised it wasn't very busy when I went to vote. Really didn't have to wait but a few minutes. There did seem to be a steady stream of voters coming in - but no real line to speak of. This evening probably will be a different story.

The changing weather has really affected me. More pain this last week than I have had in a while. Hoping this flare up doesn't last much longer. Pain during the night is the worst! I have problems enough trying to get s good night of sleep. Increased pain at night makes getting some good sleep near impossible.

This time next week I'll be in FL! Looking forward to the warmer temps!

Wishing everyone a pain-free day - or a day with less pain - and good sleep tonight!

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

I hope those of you who haven't voted yet are able to do so today! I voted a week or two ago

I had a fairly aggravating start to my morning today. DH came to bed (he works nights) and said it wasn't quite 5:30, so I had lots of time to sleep before I had to get up...and then proceeded to talk to me for the next five minutes lol Needless to say, I didn't get back to sleep

The kids (who were supposed to be getting ready for school) started arguing in the kitchen about which one got which days off of school, so I went online to find their school calendars to end their argument. That's when I found out that DS12 had parent-teacher conferences this afternoon...and he has a 5 1/2 day weekend due to getting out at noon tomorrow. I knew school was out Friday and Monday, but this was the first I had heard about the conferences. I am so glad he has such good secretaries at his school. I called to ask about the conferences and the secretary sent a message out to all of his teachers asking for a phone conference. One of his teachers has already called

MiMi - I hope your body (and furbabies) adjust to the time change soon. Mine seemed to have adjusted just fine until I woke up at around 5 this morning

Sharon - I hope being in the cold doesn't set your health back and that you will be able to keep warm Do you have blankets or hot water bottles you can take?

Jan - I can definitely empathize on it sometimes being a blessing when you can't remember things *hugs* I hope you'll be able to get some rest today.

Nancy B. - *hugs* It is absolutely ridiculous how some things are managed. I hope things were straightened out and those who were supposed to go to your building for care have been able to get treatment. Slow down and remind yourself that you have done what you can for those in need.

Teelady - I know of several people who voted early this year, which will undoubtedly help with the crowding (and people who leave because they don't want to wait in line). I think you're right about it being much busier tonight.

I need to get showered, switch laundry out and attempt to get some homework done. I have a feeling it'll be hard to get much done over the next week since I'll have at least one kid home the whole time

~air hugs~

~Jessi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I am watching the election coverage right now. What a close race it is. I am glued to the TV while I type.

I decided what to do with work. I applied for my old job and the additional relief supervisor. I was recommended for it before I went to maintenance. I like the work of the shop and my fellow mechanics but the leadership is poor and driving me crazy. I rather move in another direction and keep what I learned to apply it to another path. Although shift work is tough for me I'd rather go that way than stay unhappy with work.

I had an inner ear wierdness today. I was walking and started to lose balance. At the same time I felt like my head was vibrating. It passed after I walked about 50 feet. Once home I cleaned my ears with peroxide and I think it cleared up the issue. The joys of wearing ear plugs for 20 years.

I'm still physically a mess but getting by. If I survive tomorrow I will make it through Friday. Wish me luck.

Take care everyone, sleep well.

Cory

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Good luck with the work situation, Cory. I hope it works out for you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.