Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Looking Around
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Lift your eyes up from the computer screen for a moment and look around the room you're in or out the closest window. I hope you'll describe your surroundings so we can all share in it.

(And have you voted yet today?)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Anon_2912 responded:
I did...

My office, which has no windows.....

My wall calendar that has projects wiith "dead lines".....

Teelady1 responded:
Yes, I voted before coming to work.

I like a lot of color at my desk at work. No window - I'm in a cubicle. I have lots of photos to look at and I collect magnets in my travels. A lot of my magnets are on the overhanging cabinets in my cube. A couple of my favorite magnets are a fondue pot from Zurich, Switzerland, the ceramic shamrock from Ireland, a small watercolor type picture of The Butchart Gardens, in Victoria, BC, and a mini replica of a stained glass window from our National Catherdal in Washington DC.

Since it's rainy and dreary looking outside today - I'd rather be looking at the items that decorate my cube rather than looking out a window.

booch007 responded:
N I C E...... Caprice...N I C E.....

To my left is the picture window of the living room...out it is my blackberry bushes that turned into trees with the right pruning. They are messy but the animals love them and if I could figure how to get the berries first...I would love them.

My yard has small tress that the foilage has changed and is now dropping in the wind for the fall season. Each tree planted in someones name. Memories everywhere.

I face North and the Northern sky gives me sun all day through this window...warm and bright. The moon passes in front of my home as well in the night. Starting in the East and heading to the West. So I can find it at any time.

Most precious out this window are my many birds I feed and the joy of seeing the new ons arrive, the first song of the Robin in spring. Right now seeing the cardinals return for winter, I haven't seen them all summer just about.

So that is the view from my window......Nancy B

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I love reading your responses! It really takes me to where you are... whether it's a functional office, one with plenty of color or a window out to a beautiful world (thanks Nancy!).
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

angelswife responded:
Morning, Caprice---sorry I missed this one yesterday!

I am in my living room. When I peek around the computer screen, I am looking at our two large picture windows that face the west. Right now the view is gray because a Nor'Easter is coming; and I can see the spruce trees tossing in the strengthening wind. It's 23 degrees outside and the birds look ruffly and chilled.

Inside, though, we have a collection of houseplants on shelving beneath the windows. Among them are a three-foot geranium (Husband's); a Xmas cactus with many buds and one pale pink flower; two blooming African violets (one purple and one fuschia), a boston fern, a giant white and green spider plant, and a peace lily large enough to sit on. Peace Lilies are known to remove mold spores from the air, so we have several of them. The mold here is a constant issue.

To the right of all that is Husband's cluttered desk; next to that is the seat from our old van that we use when company's here. Right now the seat holds a puffy purple cat bed, and our stub-tail kitty is curled up and snoring. The TV is next to that chair; then there's a table with another large Peace Lily on it.

That makes up the tidy half of the living room, lol. I will spare you a description of how the other half looks!

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
I have my computer desk in my room but there the computer is generally on my birdcage so I can hook it up to my TV to watch netflix... my window is generally shaded so the light doesn't glare on my TV... In my room it is filled with my usual... Dallas Cowboys wall with a couple of t shirts and memoraphelia... then my bed is filled with teddybears and monkeys and dogs and now a horse.... He is a loner for he was on sale and just too cute to pass by lol... and my headboard is ceramic dolls and angels and trinkets... and 2 awesome statues of the towers 1 with the towers in it and 1 with ghost towers in it both with USA flags lightly painted over them... beautiful... I got them at a yard sale for 50 cents each... couldn't resist... And my desk has eagles and wolves and cowboys cups and of course clutter lol... seems the more I clean it the more it gets cluttered lol... And I mentioned my birdcage... Snowball my parakeet... helps me make my nights nice by singing to me... A sweet little biter lol...

And when I sit at my computer I am usually on my back porch... Looking at our swim pool and watching the birds fly and dive over it... Other then that the scenery is rooftops lol... There are cactus around the pool and the yard... A huge porch but it is cut in half by the fence around the pool to fence in the pool area... But it is a beautiful pool... I could do without the rooftops lol...

I can see the sun rise every morning while sitting on one end of the porch and if I sit on the other end over by the pool I can see the moon rise... It is pretty cool... There aren't many stars to be seen because of the city lights but lots of airplanes lol... We only live about 20 min from the phoenix airport... lol...

Anyway... That is my sights to see... Hope you enjoyed my trip thru my world...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

Mel57 replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Thank you your trip sounds very cool!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to angelswife's response:
Thank you, Angelswife and Jan. I love the detail of what you describe!

Angelswife, I hope the nor'easter doesn't create any further problems for you.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.