Skip to content
Hump Day *****11/7/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC...where it is cold...33* right now and frost on the ground....there will be several 60* days ahead though...weird fall weather....but I guess we have to expect almost anything these days...

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for all of us...I slept ok...and did not wake up early which was a good thing...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take time and effort...and there are no magic pills...it normally takes a combination of *tools and tips* that will have one cope better...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check this....it is important and low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people....

New members....be sure and check out the *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...you will find some good *tools* that just might help you cope better...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a good day. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and everyone! I hope your day is a good one. I also hope that today you have little to no fibro issues or pain to deal with.

I really don't have a lot of things to talk about today so will make this post short.

Now that the cold is here I am feeling the effects of it. I thought I got rid of my cold but the sinuses are still giving me fits. UGH, Fall and winter temps do me in.
It's cold here and will be over cast all day. But by Saturday it will be warm, sunny ( more like it should be this time of year. ) and no chances of rain. Very Fall like now. Most of the trees are bare of leaves, the ones left are bright orange or crimson. Lovely really.

To those living above me and east of me, I do hope the Nor'easter that's heading towards you is NOT as bad as weather people are predicting.

I am really happy today as I will not be longer be receiving
political texts, e mails or fb announcements. One day this past week I had 75 of um and just said UGH! So starting today and at least for the next 18 months I will NOT have to deal with anyone running for office. Yippee.

I am concerned however about " haters" who will not come out and say unkind things about those who won last. I don't need to be Historian to know that people working for their own agenda won't be working hard for those who sent them there.

I do so hope that those who won last night will work together and walk across the isle and party lines of both chambers and help those of us still struggling and need policies put in place that will help us. The tax credit for instance that will go away
in will be kept in place. It's a Hugh help for DH and I and I'm sure everyone across the country.

DH is getting tickets for us tomorrow to see Lincoln. It's getting such high marks. As an Historian I want to see it and see how true Hollywood does the movie.

Okay everyone.. have a great day. Do all those things you had set your mind to doing... don't let "IT" stop you.

Gentle hugs to all.. Linda R.

foreversore responded:
Good morning all. It's chilly and overcast here in central Illinois. I'm not sure of the exact temp but it is quite cold. It rained all day yesterday and is supposed to rain off and on for the next few days. Not good for the mind or body but I will use my tools to cope.

Today is my first appointment with the pain management clinic. I must say I am a bit apprehensive about it. I don't know if they are going to just do intake today or if they are going to jump right in and give me the epidurals today. I guess I will find out soon enough.

Linda, having grown up in central Illinois we are taught everything Lincoln and often take field trips to the Lincoln sites while in school. If you ever make it to my neck of the woods there are a lot of really neat things to see and do and all are Lincoln related. In downtown Springfield the church the Lincolns attended is still active and they have preserved the pew the Lincoln family used when in town. The Lincoln-Herndon law office is still intact downtown as well as Lincoln's home. New Salem is also a really fun place to go and you can buy handmade crafts that are made the way they were in Lincoln's time. If you ever do make it out here give yourself at least a week to see everything as there is so much Lincoln related stuff to see and do.

For those in the path of the 'Noreaster I hope you are prepared and stay safe and warm. For everyone else I hope you have a productive and pain free day. I may check in later after my appointment depending on how I feel.

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
We are bracing for the Nor'Easter. The forecast abruptly changed overnight---now instead of rain we'll be getting 3-6 inches of snow and sleet, with 40mph or higher winds. I'm really not looking forward to that, as my leg isn't ready for shoveling. I will have to have Husband's help shoveling and sanding my client's place when this is over. I need to find the shovel too---I haven't seen it since spring.

I have PT in half an hour; then I'll be staying in. It's already windy out and it's not even 30 degrees yet. It won't get above 35 today. I put out extra seed for the birds because they looked awfully cold.

My ankle, true to form, kept me awake most of the night, yelling about the upcoming storm. It has gotten back to waking me up at night with the nerve pain, and I'm not happy about it. I don't want to go back on the pain meds because they didn't do anything for the pain---they just made it easier to sleep through it. But I don't know what else to do. I need my sleep.

I know the increased pain probably means the nerves are regenerating---I just wish they weren't quite so loud about it, lol. I either get the hot, sharp needle pains; or else it feels like I'm being stung by a hornet the size of a Buick. The burn is amazing. I have also started to itch intensely in one of the numb spots, and scratching doesn't help because I can't feel myself scratching it. I am trying to be patient with the whole thing but it's not easy, especially when it gets going in the middle of the night. I would much rather sleep.

But enough complaining. I need to head for PT before the snow comes in. Hope everyone has a good day!

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... was working on my emails for too long... Owee owee oweee as I type now but the keyboard mouse has my wrist screaming and my fingers are so numb and cramped they need the exercise so here I am... lol... typographical errors and all lol...

I have been up since 4 again... Had a broken up night and just had to give up... Just couldn't lay there any longer... It is 8:30 now... been up way too long lol... Just waiting for my son to return from the store and then it is of to bed for me... Prayerfully there will be no emergency at his work so I can get some rest... My granddaughter ran me ragged yesterday...
She is becoming an uncontrollable brat... lol... A 4 yr old that has been told by her mom that if she is bad here we will get angry at her and make her come live with her... Not something a 4 yr old will make up... Not this one... So... after visitation she is on the rampage... A few days it is h--l living with her... Yesterday was one of them... What she could do to get into trouble she did... I talked to her over and over and gave her chance after chance... I kept my cool but finally at 8 last night she got spanked and I sat with her until she fell asleep as she wouldn't stay out of her brothers room so he could go to sleep... He gets up at 6:30 am to get ready for school so it was getting late for him... I don't like to spank... Time outs... sending to rooms... groundings... early to beds... oh those are just not working with her... I just wish her mom would stop playing mind games with the kids and let them live in peace... Doesn't she know how she is hurting them...

Anyway... My grandson followed me around the house with my cane.. I fell trying to get my granddaughter to her room once... So he kept wanting me to use my cane every time I moved lol... I wasn't that unstable she just pulled me wrong... lol... He was so cute about it... So in charge lol... For 5 he is so in-tune with me lol...

Their Dad was suppose to be home at 4 and got home at 9... It was a long day for him and they had finally fallen to sleep... He was disappointed he didn't get to spend time with them... He blames my granddaughters behavior on himself... I don't think it is all him... Tried to tell him that last night but he won't listen... He thinks he should demote himself back to driver... Well he would get his medicaid and foodstamps back as is now he earns $50. too much for them... but almost all his money goes to bills and Dr's and prescriptions... And if he doesn't go to pain management and get pain meds he can't work... But the job he is doing right now... Managing a Pizza Hut has a new policy and doesn't want you taking pain meds at work... I don't think that is fair... nor right.. they can fire him for doing so... Isn't there something constitutionally wrong with that? It isn't like the paperwork is going to hurt him... and it doesn't interfere with his job... He isn't high off them...

Oh well... here I go on my wagon again... I will quit and hope you all have a nice day... My granddaughter got up and immediately started throwing a fit... I best deal with her...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Hump Day,

I have not been on in awhile. We have had a lot of problems with our Internet. Since the last time I posted I had my knee surgery. The doctor found a round object the size of a marble floating loose in my knee. He said that object was lodging itself in my knee and that is what made my knee lock up so much. Plus I had a torn medial medicus (spelling?) that had to be repaired. I start P.T. tomorrow . I really dread that.

I 'm sorry to hear of the bad storm coming toward so many. I know how much the cold weather effects people with FM. We are having my favorite weather here in north Florida. The high is around 68 and the lows are in the 40's. I am so lucky to be staying home with such beautiful weather.

Everyone is in my prayers. Soft hugs to all.
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I made it through humpday, my hardest of the week. I worked Monday thru Thursday last week, took Friday off, worked 12s Sat-Sun, 8s Mon-Tues, then 10 today. I'm sore and tired but OK. The weekend is going to be very welcomed.

I was stressed about what the management team would say about my choice to change positions. The one who asked me about it seemed fine. They like my work. Hopefully all goes smoothly and they let me have my old job back plus the opportunity to be a back-up supervisor. Those guys make almost $30 an hr when they fill in.

It is conference time and my kids are doing well. They are well mannered and have very few issues with school. If they do have an issue we get it solved together. I have close friends who just don't parent their kids. It's sad. One is getting straight f's and the other all d's. They never get punnished and therefor have no motive to improve. It is always the school or the systems fault. It's hard to keep a tight lip sometimes.

I am greatfull that my wife supports my decisions. If I go back to shift work it will be and adjustment for us all. LIfe is good. Take care everyone.

Cory

booch007 responded:
Good morning on Thursday!**** Well the storm is over and I still have power...about 10" on the railing of the deck now, I posted pictures on FB last night. The winds in the woods were howling and it threw something at our bedroom wall about 3-3:30 a.m. and I have been awake since.

The plows making there "scrape...scrape....Beep beep beep " Noises through the night. Good to be by a school and BAD...
So, I am numb this a.m. , you know the funny feeling in your stomach when you don't sleep...........plus worrying of the drive in to work. I still here howling outside, just got one now.

Dang weathermen, they kept adjusting** their predictions through the night! I had 8" on the deck when they were still saying 3-6.....

Praying for NO ONE on the road as I leave for work. I know it will be a bad day for arrivals of patients and I have much to do and we as an office have much to make up for being closed for so many days. I hear we are NOT PUTTING IN TO INSURANCE at this point. Our office had a very bad fire and the bill was 400,000.00 Our insurance dropped us and it may not be worth the claim if it will effect the premiums..... (so I heard yesterday)

This is where you need insurance and then get in trouble when you use it!!

"got my shots yestedray so much better last night to lie down. It is amazing how this works for me. The MD said the powers that be want a diagham(sp?) of my neck drawn out and where exactly she injects me......CRIPES! I apologised and said maybe in the new year we just pay for them, it is so not fair for this MD to go through this for me.

OK...got gloves, muffler scarf,hat (thanks Sharon), leather carcoat...hood on....ready to go. Going S L O W.....pray the winds don't blow me over the bridges !

Hugs to all here in pain. I hope today is a low pain day for you and bring you something special. It is amazing how things come to you, but you are so busy you don't see them....
It is only an instant...something small maybe. But eachday a gift omes your way if your eye and heart are open to it.

Today is your day.....let the light shine in people.........

Hugs to all, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.