Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday****11/8/2012****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC...where it is still cold...but I think the temps are suppose to get to high 50* and possible low 60* for the next few days....nice weather....the difference in them though is something else...it is like the weather can not make up its mind...

I hope things are getting better for those who got caught in the storm...I just can not even imagine going through something like this...I know that it takes so long for people to figure out how to recover from such as this...I worked with people who were affected by Katrina for a while when I was doing the insurance at the loan servicing company I worked for...Just talking to people about things made me think about how lucky I was to be here...as I am kind of in the middle between ocean and mountains but not too close to either...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...so hang in here with us learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon and things will indeed get better....although it does take time and effort...I do not think I have found anything that is easy dealing every day with FM....

I did sleep good last night...just woke up too early this morning...I think my body is confused due to the time change...I know it takes the furbabies a while before they get adjusted to it also.

I do hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all as well.

For the new members...please check out the info under *tips* and *resources*....I am sure you will find some good tools that might help you cope better...you never know just what it might take to make life more comfortable...for most of us it takes a combination of things that work...

I use a heating pad...Stopain Spray..(found at walmart) and try to remember to pace, pace, and pace even more...take a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts which helps relax my body right before bedtime...I do sleep in a recliner and have been doing so for years now....(not by choice though)...
Drinking plenty of water and watching my diet is also a must for me...and keeping myself on some sort of schedule....(going to bed and getting up around the same time of day and night helps, as long as I do not stray too much...some days I do not have a choice with this though....as the mind and body does what it wants to do...not exactly what I would like for it to do...

Vitamin D.....get your Vitamin D level checked...which is important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us...and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Good morning... My alarm didn't wake me up but gratefully the pain did... Comes in handy at times lol... Got up just in time to put the coffee on and forget to turn it on twice... Now that is a pain I want my peaceful cup before everyone else has to start their day... Not this morning... My radio got unplugged last night and I set my phone on it to use the alarm... It makes it louder if you turn it up... It wasn't turned up... forgot... Oh well... Just means noise and commotion and no coffee-fied Nany... Oh hey... lol... Lord help the grandchildren lol.. and Nany of course lol...

I actually slept 5 hours last night... broke up... 2 hours straight then 3 straight... It feels like a miracle lol... I am still a little tired and have a bit of a headache but over all besides my pain I feel decent... Mind is sorta working if you don't count forgetting to turn the coffee on twice lol... Jerking isn't too bad... just shaking... neck isn't a real problem today just my back and legs really... It is there but not severe like usual... So all in all I am happy...

Coffee is done... Time to see if these legs work... lol... I hope you all have a nice day...

take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I caved in and took half a Percocet last night...I got some good sleep but I'm hung over this morning. I'm trying to get myself motivated because I have to go and shovel out my client (with Husband's help). We got 7 inches of snow yesterday and last night.

Husband is out shoveling now...I need to jump in the shower and try to wake myself up. My client is expecting me within the hour! Hope your day is going well.

dakotaspirit1957 replied to angelswife's response:
OHHHH!!! I WANNA SHOVEL SNOW!!! I wanna see snow!!! 7 inches would be so beautiful to see for me!!! I know it must be a pain for so many of you out there but just think if you were locked somewhere and never got to see it again... The way it twinkles and floats when it falls... How white and fresh it can be... I know it is cold.. wet... heavy... and needs shoveled... but it makes great snowmen and fantastic snowballs... and beautiful snowangels... and at night when it sparkles it is just a wonder... Makes our world so beautiful... Decorates trees... fences... and houses... Yes cars too lol... I would gladly clean them off for you... That I can do yet... I know that much...

The wonder of being on a sled flying down a hillside... and watching others tumble... I wouldn't want to do the tumbling lol... Or being on a snowmobile gliding thru the mountains or over the plains...

Memories... of jumping off patios into drifts... making igloos... riding sleds being pulled by Dad riding on a snowmobile thru the mountains... My son's first snowball fight... My little snowman that didn't fall off a moving semi for hours... Christmas snows... So many memories...

Now all I have are memories for I live where it doesn't snow... there is snow up north in the mountains but the drive would take the fun out of it before I got there...

Throw that first shovel for me please...

Pace Pace Pace... Be careful... Take care...

Wish you could send me some lol...

Love... Jan/Dakota

fibroinsd responded:
morning all...

not much to say here..except hello...I am around and hanging in there...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear MiMi, I have a question about the lavender bath salts. Where do you buy them? Are these bath salts the same as the ones that were outlawed because people were using them as a drug? Once I get the bath salts how do I use them in the shower? I have been so blessed to have found this website. I have learned so much from everyone on this website. It truly is like having a second family. Thanks for all your help.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

dollbug replied to debrabrooks1960's response:
Hello Debbie.....MiMi in NC....believe it or not....bath salts can be different and may or may not work the same for people.....I happen to find this little bit of info myself....I have tried several different kinds which did nothing for me....and then I lucked up on Village Naturals Bath Shoppe....found at walmart/kmart as well as other store which might sell the bath salts...it is in a jar...

You can put just a small amount under the faucet of a stopped up drain....and take a shower...OR if you are too tired to shower....soak your feet in it....it works both ways for me...

And by the way....vitamins and supplements can also be different too....what works good for one may or may not work for another...I found this out the same way...it is so very important to do the trial and error process on different *kinds* of whatever....before you decide that something just did not work for you....they are not all the same....trust me....I know this by doing it....

I am sorry but I can not answer the outlawed question....I do know that I have bought these in the past several months....so I would think the answer would be no...this is not the same...but I really do not know...I would hope no one would/could use them as drugs....since they are really very strong smelling...

I hope this helps you...that's why we are all here...to help anyone we can...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone, it was a suspense filled day at work for me. I had to sit down with the plant manager and tell him why I wanted my old job and back-up supervisor. My current maintenance boss was sitting in so I had to choose words carefully.

Basically he respects my decision but wanted to know why. They like my work wherever I have been in the plant. On a good note, my old boss realy wants me back, and the prodution manager wants me for the back-up supervisor. It will be 4 on 4 off with 12 hr shifts. I have a hard time with them but I have four days of rest between, not 2 like now. I will still be able to finish my online training to get my certificate.

So with all that out of the way I feel pretty good. My department head will leave in four years and I am a very qualified cantidate for his job. Things could be worse.

I hope you all have a good evening, take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....I hope you get the position that you applied for....or maybe I should say re applied for....since you have done it before....

Years ago....I worked for a bank on 3 different occasions....it is good when you leave on a positive note...and are able to come back to the same place...I did a different job each time I returned...and the first time we moved to a different town....and in a couple of years returned...and then I had a baby and left and then returned....after 3 strikes....I thought that was enough...

It was funny though because I eventually started back to work after staying at home for a while to raise my children...and when I eventually went back to work...it was for another bank...only worked there for a short time when I left to go to the loan servicing company and I was there for over 14 years...

Sounds like to me you are placing yourself in a good position for a possible better position in a few years...
which should be a good move on your part...

Take care and good luck...

I hope it all works out for you.

MiMi

booch007 replied to dollbug's response:
Good morning on Friday!! TGIF for sure. Work was tough yestedray as all our office was stashed in another city to function and now up and running nothing was there for me.

First two hours set the pace, then insurances and clinical approvals for studies* MAN this is tough. I would much rather be with the patients. Today I am...no phone calls today!

It is very disorientating to be here among the devastation, there are runs of suppplies often from the area for anyone to donate and go. GOOD STUFF. New Yorkers are tough people but this is bad...35* right now the house were shown to be 48-52* for these people. Like the Ozarks!

I can only pray that ALL the workers hit L.I and Westchester and finish it.....

We are so bllessed when we have all "we know " around us. Very disorientating and traumatic to be "off kilt"

They had a special on PTSD last night for all of us and it was good tools to remeber to help keep your footing a bit. But they showed people dealing in the mess and you can read the stress and anxiety on their faces, despite the tears you see....

Some still in abger over all of it...some in why me? the steps are always the same.....It is hard for those who have lights on all around them but NOT THEIR house! WOW that is tough..

Sending out good wishes to all for a low pain day...I will hope for the same. . Good day, Nancy B

debrabrooks1960 replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks MiMi,

I am going to look for the bath salts tomorrow. I am having a bad FM day today. I think starting P.T. yesterday for my knee has made me have a flare up. I am hurting so bad I can not be still. I am hoping the bath salts will help me relax. I really appreciate all your help. You are a blessing to have as a friend and so is everyone else here.

thanks, Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.