Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****Roll Call ****11/9/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF****MiMi in NC....and it is going to be a nice week end here...some 70*s ....weird weather again....I hope things are better with those who were affected by the storm....I am sure that so much needs to be done....thoughts and prayers are still with everyone....thousands are still without power...I just can not even imagine....they are now worried about fires which might start once the electricity is restored...

This has been an ok week for me....I have not hurt as much which I am very thankful for....perhaps it has been because of the weather we have had...I had no idea...it is nice not to be in so much extra pain...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....as with a lot of things...the more you know about it the better you can learn how to cope and what *tools and tips* that might help. It does take a trial and error process which does take time....a person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever they decide to try before deciding whether or not what they are doing is helping...it takes time for things to get the full potential of whatever it may or may not do for you...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so very important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well...(according to the medical research which has been done)

I hope each of you had a good night's rest....and I hope today will be a good Friday for all of us....Thanksgiving is right around the corner...and I am so thankful for a lot this year...
I am especially thankful that this election is finally over....no more ugly commercials and no more political telephone calls...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Take care and enjoy the sunshine (good natural D) if you have a chance...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Good Morning... I type with more fire in my fingers then usual today... Had a bad night with my hands screaming all night... don't even remember if there was any other pain they were so bad... Some times they are just like that and then some times they are so numb I can't hold a coffee cup.. Doesn't distract me a bit I drink it with a straw lol... Oh well... my philosophy is if I keep typing I will either get use to it or go numb quicker... for after a bad spell my hands go completely numb and then they are useless... So better use them while I can lol...

I have been writing again... I started a piece to you all here.. I haven't written for a long time... But the struggles and pain here has inspired me and it weighed on my mind until I started it... Which is how I do my best pieces so I hope it turns out to be one of my best... I can't figure out a title for it... Usually that comes to me first but it just is coming to me in waves... I seem to go blank at times and then it hits and I have to write it or it won't let my mind rest... I don't usually write like this... Usually when I am compelled to write something I do it all at once... This one is taking it's time like I have something very important to say... Hopefully it will be completed soon and I will post it... All I do know is it is being written in honor of you all...

I have missed writing... Sharing my soul with a piece of paper... Then perhaps the world... It is always very personal for me... I have had writers block for such a long time that when the demand inside me to get words down on paper or this time on the computer lol... came to me I almost didn't know what to do... I am one of those writers that can be sound asleep wake up to words flowing in my mind and have to get up to write them... just out of the blue for no reason or maybe for something said in a conversation in the middle of the day... I have to write because the words take over my mind... I got great grades in writing classes as long as the teacher would wait for the words to hit lol... {I usually just had something I could hand in from what I had already written lol... if the words didn't hit...}

So I am feeling a little more me now... Writing was a part of me that the depression and illness turned into logs and notes in diaries... lol... It is a big part of who I am... I can't wait to share it with you... I am really excited...

Today is going to be a long day with little rest last night... Son works his 13 hr shift today... kids don't go to mom's for she has trouble with her husband and welfare... He said they might go over there tonight after he gets off... I told him she could come over here but she is putting pressure on getting back with him again and he can't deal with it... I don't blame it and hope it stays that way... He deserves so much better... She has done nothing but hurt him and the kids... My heart goes out to him... I wish I could help him more...

I am going to try to get the few dishes done before my hands give out... they are almost numb now... the shocks are still in the finger tips but the top of my fingers are numb already... the rest of the house is pretty clean so if I can keep the kids from trashing it... well... then it will be fine lol... but that is a big if... Maybe I will sit with my granddaughter and read some and see if I can get her interested in a movie... I taped a smurfs movie last night... It looked adorable... I loved them when I was a kid lol...

Well... guess I will read a bit here and give the hands a rest.... I feel the need to do some writing maybe the thing I am writing will find completion today... never know...

take care and have a great day and week end...

Love... Jan/Dakota

crystalgreeneyes replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
You are amazing Jan. I enjoy reading everything you write. Thank you for your support.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday everyone. Not much to write about today. I'm I'm just dropping by to say HI to everyone and wish everyone a good day.

I hope your day is going well and that you are not dealing fibro issues or pain today. I hope the sun is out where you are and that it's nice and warm.. also hope that you are able to be out of doors to enjoy it. It's warm here and sunny and I do plan to run some errands so I get to get some, from the source, Vit D. Wish the same for each of you.

Gentle hugs to all. Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday Everyone!

The snow has just about melted away her in southeastern Mass. It'll be in the high 40s today, they're talking low 70s Monday. Mother Nature must be having hot flashes!

I'm bone-tired after three days of working; I'm working this afternoon-evening today at the bookstore. I worked at the polls Tuesday and my back still hurts from sitting on a cold folding chair for 13 hours. Some of my pressure-pints are starting to burn, time for the extra med! I don't have to work this weekend, and I'm hoping to catch up on sleep!

I feel so sad for the people who have been slapped around by the awful storms, but so many people have mobilized and have given them help. The local news (Providence, RI) had a story about a man with a food truck who was packing up and heading to Staten Island. (He went to Ground Zero in 2011, and cooked for 8 months!) He was telling the reporter what he needed - butane and propane for his cookers and all types of food. He was asked about clothes and he said that a local store had contacted him and was filling a tractor-trailer rig with clothes and driving it down. Continued prayers for those affected and those who are trying to help!

Mimi, as ever it's good to see you. I'm glad you're feeling good, just don't over-do!

Jan, I'm sorry you're hands hurt, but it doesn't look like it has stopped you! Powering through the pain is awful, and I hope you're feeling better soon. Have you tried to teach the kids how to clean? LOL

Welcome to the newcomers, I hope you make friends here and get the answers you need.

I wish all or you the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!!
Lou

Teelady1 responded:
Happy Friday!

Yes! TGIF!!! Starting at about 5:00 pm this evening I am on vacation from work until 11/20!!

I'm starting off the vacation with a massage this evening.

I leave Sunday for Florida! Looking forward to the warmer temps. Looks like it will be around 80 - much warmer than the 40s we've been having here.

It's been a rough couple of weeks for me. Pain at night keeping me from sleeping well. However, I did get some better sleep last night. Maybe I'll feel better in the warmer FL temps - I can hope.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and weekend with little or no pain - and good sleep!

lb707 replied to Teelady1's response:
Wait.....very short post just left space POOF! It could be the brain did tell the fingers the wrong button to push.

So all I am going to say is Good Morning and keep on truckin!

Brain fog has been so bad lately with abcessed teeth and my Mom slowly going down hill. So I just keep hangin in reading.....if I can keep the fingers moving I will try to sa "HI" a little more often.

fibroinsd responded:
hello all

We have had such changing weather..was about 90 degrees a couple of days ago..and today in the 60's with a call for snow in the mountains just east of here...I have been so cold today..but tried not to say anything, as I know most of the country would be glad to have our weather..

Anyway...definitely a tea drinking type of day..

Laura..so glad to see you trying to get a post in..

My dad hasn't been feeling well..so I am sure I will be over there tomorrow trying to get him to eat and take care of himself..

Oh, DH has spent the day making a gumbo..and it smells really good..making me hungry.

And Jan..good to see you typing things up too..

Well, I know I am rambling a bit...things here are ok..cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Thank you for your reply yesterday Mimi, my intentions are to utilize my available resources to work as productively as I can for as long as I can. I feel that I need a plan in place. I know I cannot work hard for another 25 years and I have a hard time now.

Today was interresting. The plant manager, production supervisor,(#2) and my old department head are all on board. I do not want to burn bridges. Corperate may not let me move withought cutting off my program. I want to finish. It is something I can take with me anywhere. The nice thing is that my company supports growth. I just stated my case and that I want to move forward.

This is all part of the big plan. I am the breadwinner for now. I cover Ins. and most of the expenses. I need to work more with the brain and less wit the tired body. My employer is fair and I think it will work out in the end.

I appollogize for so much shop talk. It hase been my main focus lately.

I hope you all sleep well, see you in the AM.

Cory

jillylin responded:
Morning everyone,
I am late as usual. Wet and windy here, we've had a month's worth of rain in one day.

Really struggling to cope with lack of sleep at the moment, I only seem to manage an hour and a half then I wake up, go back to sleep half an hour later and repeat the thing again until 4am when I give up. Could be worse though.

Hope you all are doing as well as you can. The states hit by Sandy are still being shown on our news and my heart goes out to everyone suffering. I heard that there is still no power for some people and that gas is rationed. I hope it get resolved soon for you all.
Hugs
Jilly in the UK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.