Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****11/10/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC..where I am up too early again today....I am not an early morning person....and waking up too early means that I am up whether I like it or not...I had much rather wake up when there is at least daylight outside...I did sleep ok so I guess that counts for something...I hope each of you had a good night's rest as well.

I hope those who were affected by the storms are making progress and I hope things will get better soon for them. I do know just how much time insurance companies take on things like this and what problems might also arise from certain things...Insurance is really a good thing... as long as you do not need to use it...there are things I life that I am not passion about...and when people are forced to pay for something and then need it but can not get what they are suppose to from it...then it seems there is not quite something right about this.

It is supposed to be a nice week-end with sunshine...we are having unusual temps for Nov though...several days with 70*s...
But I do enjoy the warm sunshine and the furbabies also like nice weather as well...my little ones like to sit in front of the storm door and soak up the sunshine...perhaps she knows it makes her feel better too.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort...and there are no quick fixes...we are all different and what works for one may or may not work for someone else...but hang in here...learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...and soon you will learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon...(as Nana B states)...keeping one step in front of it also takes a process to learn...learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is so important...I also have to pick and choose at times what is important...I have learned that sometimes things just have to wait, whether I like it or not.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so important to a lot of people these days.
Low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a great Saturday...

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Good morning all,

Ohhhhh I slept like I had anesthesia in me! Yesterday I again had to work with the insurance companies for our patients as a "clinical liason" for them to have their studies. Man that is tough work and being on a NON neck friendly phone a KILLER. (this is the no-no that we talk about with repetative movements...)

If this was really going to be my job...I would have to get tools placed permanently. I tried a headset but it was an awful experience and I couldn't hear....

7:30am to 5pm I was on the phone!! I didn't even get lunch as I sipped my soup...a test needed attention in Echo and off I went.

No joke I am beat.

I thought a massage after work would be helpful and it was (at that time)....but then this morning...CRAP I am so stiff and dysfunctional. I hope I can shake it off. YOU KNOW you were out when you wake up and your tongue is going to crack from snoring! Cripes! AND the only reason I am up is the dang cat was nuzzled up to me crying to be fed! NOW SHE IS ASLEEP on the couch!

I had made emotional plans for today....with snow all over and me being if Florida in two weeks I wanted to get Xmas going here and decorate. You know I am an animal for the holiday and with the grands.....I HAVE to make the magic happen!

I hope I shake off and get a "wellness window" to function in.

I have to see the vascular surgeon today for the legs, my recheck from last surgeries.......I am having one vessel, that is an issue with moderate pain and so hard (almost like it calcified) I am using heat for absorption of all the areas but this one spot??? I wonder if he can just take it out? We'll see.

It is to be warm today and tomorrow...so I guess the snow will leave and I haven't heard there are any other **Issues** coming our way......so now is the time to decorate outside as well..Otherwise I am the one in 20* weather fighting the North winds to put tangled lights up!!

This year, AHEAD of it all.....so here is hoping for a DAY.
I would just like this weekend to start and finish a very important project that affects the whole family. That the grands will need to see for their memories of Nana.....please go sleep somewhere. I can take you back on Monday.....or Tues when distraction is here to help me deal with you.
In all sincerity,
Nancy B

OK lets see if that helps? LOL

Have a better day today guys......"there is no place like home" and home with electric!.............Hugs, NAncyB

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning all... For a change Mimi I agree with you... it is too early to be awake... I don't have to be up until l 6"30 and I was wide awake at 4 after a night of 20-30 minutes of sleep at a time here and there.. grrrrrr.... I want to be grizzly lol... Maybe I will want to play nice with the world when I get some coffee in me lol... but for now me mean grizzly... lol... mmm... If I can stay awake now to drink it lol...

No grandkids today... Dad sent them over to mom's yesterday afternoon... none too soon... my granddaughter was herself... the troublemaker... all day... What she shouldn't do and everything she shouldn't do and a few new ones... she did... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... {fell asleep now isn't that cute that I hit the z button lol.. Thought you could use a laugh so I will leave it lol... but of all buttons to hit... lol...}

Anyway she had lost all privileges and treats for the day... and when she locked me out and wouldn't unlock the door I called Daddy for the appropriate punishment and he suggested a swat on the buns and if she didn't quit no trip to moms... I asked if I could ground her to my side and after lunch make her take a nap and that was ok.. So being the pain had been worsened by her little shenanigans I put her in my wheelchair next to my bed and laid down and watched TV of which was out of her sight... I can't believe her tho... at 4 she knows my buttons and sure knows when to push them... but locking that door and not letting me in was the last straw of the day... I was actually glad to see her leave I took a pain killer and something to help me sleep and even tho I still didn't sleep... I rested... Some days you will have that with children... Gotta love them they are too cute to give away lol...

I am going to post and let steam off about what is going on with the poor little ones next... I was going to say it here... but decided to vent in a message lol... Maybe get some feedback... I need to support the little ones and truly am running out of ways... but that's for the message...

Today is suppose to be another beautiful day in the 70's... I really wanted to spent the afternoon on the porch yesterday enjoying the great weather... 75 degrees and no rain till late last night and it was so refreshing... not just the usual few drops and then be history lol... It sounded and smelled so beautiful... and cooled things off too lol... Something you don't see happen here a lot lol...

I put on my snowboots on and my heavy parka and took myself to Sharon's house to shovel snow in my mediation yesterday... Sharon we had a blast... We got almost done and decided they needed a snowman in their yard so we started to use the driveway snow to make the snowman... We created such a wonderful snowman they came out and gave us a tip lol... We finished the job and had time for a snowball fight 2 against one your poor husband was the one... but he still got the best of us... We needed to be better aims... lol... and then we warmed up next to a warm fireplace with a hot cup of hot chocolate... and feeling the warmth fill my body and feeling the joy fill my soul was my miracle meditation of the day... Thank you Sharon for coming with...

I so love meditation sometimes... It's like creating my own dreams... So great...

Well... if I want these hands to tell you about my grandchildren I had best close... hope you all have a great weekend...

take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday everyone. I hope your day goes well and that you have few to no fibro issues or pain to deal with.

MiMi, sorry you woke up early, again, this a.m. I so understand how you feel. Lately I fight to sleep all night and when I do, Yippee and Yahoo. I did sleep thru last night and got up at a time when the sun was out. I so wish a good full night sleep for you.

It's going to be nice and warm today. Near 80 they say around my part of TN. I have a birthday party for my 10 year old GS at the park near his house to go to today. It will be nice to be out side in the sun and warmth of a day more like September here than early November. I will however hate the long drive, 120 mile round trip.

Nan, so very sorry that you've had snow to contend with and now you leg. You sound as if you had the sleep of the dead last night.. sorry. Do hope all goes well today and that with the snow going away things will be more normal for this time of the year for you.

Jan, be careful with all the snow clearing.

I really have little to talk about so I guess I should get up and get ready for the party that starts at noon but for me I have to be out of the door by 10:30. UGH. I don't need to get a card or gift as I got my GS the Madden 2013 XBOX game in September as his gift. So it's just a matter of me getting ready and going.. so I guess I should.

HERES WISHING EACH OF YOU A GOOD DAY, A PAIN FREE AND FIBRO ISSUE FREE DAY.
Gentle Hugs to all, Linda R.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It is cold and raining here this morning. We still need the the rain badly. The deer hunters are probably not in the best moods though.

It's a good day to study so I will have to get going on that. I have a bit to do regardless of where I end up.

I may have to take a long drive to pick up some Jeep parts. I'm waiting to hear from the guy with the parts so the weekend is going to be casual and quiet.

I hope you all have a great day.

Cory

jillylin responded:
D'oh, I just posted my remarks on the friday thread. Sorry.

Today we had the rehearsals for the dance exams which are next saturday. Fibrofog added a whole new depth to the day. I can't keep subjecting the children to my brain going missing so often so I am on countdown until I leave work on the 9th of next month. My boss seem intent on 'punishing' me for resigning and is making each day harder and harder to get through. She doesn't understand fibre despite my best efforts. I just don't know how to explain it any clearer to her

Nancy, I hope the Dragon read your letter and cuts you some slack.
Hugs
Jilly in the UK

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.