Skip to content
Sunday ****11/11/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....and a good Sunday to each of you....MiMi in NC...and I have been awake for a while....and I think I have told you before....I am NOT a morning person....don't understand why I wake up before daylight....when it is still very dark and still outside...not my time of day at all. I wanted to watch a program last night and drifted off before I saw the end of it...I hate when I do this...since I never know exactly what happened...

I do overdo just a bit yesterday and OMG...I paid dearly for it as well...put my back in a hurting mode that would not wait...but I do feel better this morning...which is a good thing...I am fixing lunch for my family...well...for part of them anyway...My DH and younger son has been out west now and will be returning tomorrow...they had a fun and wild adventure...My son killed a mule deer and had a good time...a lot happened though while he was gone...I am sure he is ready to return. He is a home body...I am glad he was able to go though and I am sure he had a good time.

Prayers and thoughts are still with those who have been affected by the storms...I understand there are still thousands of people without power...I can not even imagine what going through a storm such as this is like...I see it on TV and know though that it is much worse than what they show...and what is shown is really bad...I hope and pray that things get better soon for everyone.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...

Vitamin D...be sure and keep tabs on this...as it seems to be really important for a lot of people these days...there must still be research ongoing with it as I see new articles on what has been discovered about it...

I added a link yesterday on an article I found and I hope everyone will take the time to read it...it is interesting...so many of us have cervical and spine issues and studies are being done on this to connect it all to FM...I have known for some time now that somehow my pain had a lot to do with my neck issues (which I had surgery for) and my back...I also knew that when I had my hysterectomy just how better my back problems improved...

I hope everyone will have a good day with little to no pain...
Enjoy the sunshine if you can. The natural Vitamin D is so good for us all.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

Sorry about your back...you know better! It is so easy to not SEE that line and then POOF* you crossed it!

I think the problem with you is your inner clock hasn't changed! I am having a bit of difficulty myself. We are both sleeping at 9 pm when our shows are on and I realise it is really 10 to us.....I really don't know why we have to keep doing this? Can't we save daylight ALL the time? Crap!

I know there are states that don't change as it is NO GOOD FOR THE ANIMALS and milking and such and such......

Well maybe it is no good for US! Can we speak out?

OK I had a trying day yesterday...near tears on the phone with QVC. I bought the EASY Xmas tree and IT WAS NOT EASY...
and IT DIDN'T WORK! so after lugging it piece by piece up the stairs and opening it...I had to try and get it back in the box to return it! They are so nice but I WANTED A TREE.....

I then took a break as I was in pain and so red in the face from the workout....I ended up in Home Depot and saw a tree that was OK...........Well, NONE LEFT. Fell in love with one that was TOO MUCH so I bought other things I needed and left.
I looked in KMart too......no good...

I will get mine down today and start....same ole same ole. I will deal with the neck after...tough to be alone .

I saw the vascular surgeon...phlebitis of that vessel and neuropathy pain from the surgeon last who cut the main nerve branch and has created the mess I have with the right leg. CRAP.

He again said...Lyrica? Neurontin? No I can't take them....It doesn't hurt unless you touch the leg...so one more thing in the list of age ailments and issues to deal with.

So all night with heating pad on the vessel (on and off-on and off) not too much better this a.m. so later the same thing.......

Weather is to be in the 60's today!! YAHOO...I really want to get outside there are things to do and DH is sick...Blood Sugars are up too, so he knows he is sick...MD Monday if not better....Looks viral but need to keep an eye on him!

OK, I hope your day has sunshine in it! I hope it is a low pain day. Try and add distraction in there.....always a dose laying on the counter somewhere...right?

OK, near time to get the ole tree...so I leave you with hugs for the day. Mimi I hope your back feel better when you move a bit today and maybe work it out.................Hugs to all, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....sorry about the tree....not a good thing....hey....do you have another Home Depot you can go to....perhaps in another close town...call them if you know what you are looking for...maybe you can find it..

I hate when I find something that I really like and then cannot get it. I have learned that IF I find something that I really want to go ahead and get it...you can always take it back or send it back.

I had to laugh out loud when you said....*can we speak out?*.....well, yes...but who is to say that anyone is going to listen or even care?????????? Trust me when I say....speaking out about something does not always work. There are so many things which could be/should be improved but no one to do the process....so very sad for so many people.

Oh....I will not get started on this soapbox.

Have a great day....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi we have started a discussion here...I just joined the FM and chronic pain newsletter and I read the article (not easy to read for me in that format of making it larger and sliding the mouse to move the page....Ugh!

But, Interesting on looking up and making pain worse. YES....I have always said I have a bad neck, you sdont find issue on MRI...bit I never bent my neck for a dynamic study? PT is the treatment...

Well we have a newbie GUEST? Why not present this for her. 2008 is when this all began in study. There must be work we acan do as the article says to manage without surgery...

OK...give this and your article to our new guest? OK? Good stuff! Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning. It is still dark, cold and damp here. It is my body's least favorite weather. I am taking it slow today. My back desperately wants to go out but I am fighting it and hope to be the victor.

Nancy, we had one of those easy trees and the lights gave up after 2 or three years. Then it fell apart anyway. Our next one will be very basic and I am loooking for a well made one. You think in northern MN I would only have a real tree but too many critters in the house. I can picture a couple kitties hanging from the bows.

I hope to get a few things accomplished today but we will see how far I get. I an trying to stay in tune with the body today. It is not happy at all right now. Sometimes focusing on tasks helps me block it out. I think that is how I get through work every day. I don't have as much time to think about it.

Mimi, I will read that article. My back is not good at all. Each year the issues climb up my spine a little farther. I have only had x-rays showing mild to modwerate degeneration about 10 years ago. I realy don't know what kind of shape it is in.

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

lb707 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Good morning,

I have stenosis of the low back, a neuromuscular dysfunction of the low back and thoracic area, and serious arthritis in the neck from several rear end auto accidents. No MRI's since 2005 so who knows what else is there.

I have read about cervical issues causing problems with fibro before and hardily think there is something to it.

It is my belief that is the cause of me being unable to type, crochet, blow dry my hair etc. This is info I would love to see more about.

A little chilly without the sun we had yesterday so the NW should be blessed with some rain today. I will in and warm sitting by the pellet stove.

lauab

foreversore responded:
Good morning all. Warm and windy here but it's going to get mighty chilly later on today. It's day 4 since I got that lumbar epidural and I am still waiting for some sort of relief. If anything I am worse as I now have a burning raw nerve feeling in my buttocks, down my rt leg to my knee and up my back to both shoulder blades. I am also much stiffer than usual. I have been taking it easy and have not been over doing it but I wonder if maybe I need to do more? My body says no but....who's to say my body is right? I guess only time will tell. After my experience with this lumbar epidural I am really dreading my upcoming cervical epidural.

I haven't found/read the article you posted yet MiMi but it makes sense as it seems like many of us have back/neck issues of one sort or another. I will have to come back this afternoon and look for it.

I'm off to get in the shower and then to head out and do our weekly grocery shopping. I have to steel my nerves as I know I am going to have to put up with dirty looks and sneers since I will be using a scooter cart. My rt leg not only hurts but is a little weak and I don't trust it all the way through the store. Sometimes I wish I could touch a person and give them my pain for just one hour so that maybe they could understand what I go through and wont be so quick to judge me.

I hope that you all have a great day and accomplish all that you want/need to accomplish and can do it as pain free as possible. My thoughts and prayers are with those still dealing with the after effects of Sandy and now the snow that has piled up as well.

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I am coming on late...It was sunny and in the 60s today so I spent most of the day on the deck, crocheting hats and feeding the squirrels. I went to church too this morning. In its own way it was a busy day.

My ankle is bad, though...somehow I managed to twist it yesterday, even with the brace on. It can be so unstable at times. Today the swelling was way up and I could barely walk on it, so I guess I tweaked something pretty good. There is not a lot of muscle yet to stabilize things, and the continued stiffness doesn't help either. I am thinking I probably sprained it, even thought it's not discolored. It really HURTS.

We are getting into the "lean time" of the month now...The food's getting low and it's ten days until payday. I've been stretching what I can, but there's only so much. You'd think after this many months of dealing with this I'd be used to it; but I really hate being hungry. I end up eating stuff that shouldn't be in my diet and then my health takes a nosedive.

But I didn't come on to complain...it was a truly gorgeous day, and tomorrow it will be the same. It may actually hit 70, omg. There was snow on the ground just a few days ago; and now I'm airing out the apartment. It always feels so good when I can do that.

I have to share a laugh...When Husband watches TV at night, he has all the lights off. This way he can run the heater and the TV without blowing the circuit breaker. Tonight I gave him a square of chocolate for dessert: and he thanked me and took a bite. A couple of moments later he said, "Is there paper in this thing?" Turned out he'd eaten it, wrapper and all, because it was so dark he couldn't see the wrapper. The poor guy...I had to fight SO hard not to laugh because he looked really disgusted. Anyway, I gave him another piece to make up for it. This time I unwrapped it first!

I will be going to bed soon...I've been fighting a bit of a sinus infection again (which annoys me no end because I JUST finished with the antibiotics for the strep) and I'm feeling a bit tired. I may break down and take half a Percocet so my ankle won't interrupt my sleep quite as much. It is back to keeping me up at night because the nerves are trying to regenerate.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.