Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ****11/12/2012 *****
dollbug posted:
Early Morning FMily.....I have been up a while....MiMi in NC...where it is pitch dark and not even 5 yet....I woke up with my back hurting....and I am not a morning person....too much going on with me....I also have a dentist appt today just for a check up....but I do not like going to the dentist period....this is nothing new though....I have been this way forever.

OK....here is hoping everyone had a good week-end with little to no pain....I hope things are going better for all of those who were affected by the storms....I can not even imagine how bad this can be for people....I hope and pray that soon things will get so much better for them....I hope the insurance companies and the government can speed up the process for everyone....

We had nice weather all week-end....I can not believe this weather....it has been like spring time....I am sure the birds have gotten confused by it all....in 70*s for a couple of days here....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better....

I do want to say that everyone should check out the WebMD Answer feature....to the right of this page....there is all kinds of questions and answers there, with good information also.

I do hope everyone will have a good Monday....

Thanks to all of the service men and women for serving in the military and protecting our country....and of course remember those who lost their lives as well....it is Veterans Days and we do have so much to be thankful for. Pray for peace.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Holy Moly....girl now this is early! Mimi maybe you have a UTI? In the older generation you can present with the most subtle of symptoms and your back is now bothering you????

Confusion is a big key (not that I am saying you are confused)....but you are "unsettled"...think about it? You really are up too early for the active person you are. Soon you'll be taking naps to survive and night will become day and day become night....Oh My! Whew....(of course thisis al conjecture and in my head!). I hope your clock straigthens out soon.!

OK guys I did it, with much restructuring yesterday I put up the Xmas tree...had the music playing and it was 60* outside! My neighbor called and I asked "can you hear the music?" Laugh we did.......but I am so proud of me.

I was really hurting mid afternoon after the 4 hour effort....and I took an extra tramadol with afternoon meds and rested with a heating pad...Not Bad I got through without the "crossing the line pains".....Hooray!

So I still have the whole house to do but I can do that when I return from Florida. It was nice to see the tree on last night, I am glad I held off one more year to get the pre-lit type...this one is so real and I got these sticks that hang in the tree for fragrance...got em in Home depot.....they are great for the atmosphere around the tree.

Today I will pace with a major leaf effort outside the maples in the woods lost their leaves now with the snow and it is a mess outside. I learned now to rake on a tarp and do small sections and carry it to a corner......much better then blowing for hours and then having them blow back out of the woods after...

Also the flower beds in spring have to be cleaned and I move it all again then. Now it will just be clean....(the mice can go live under those leaves!)

Ok, have a better day today guys...try and use distraction or create a project to get your mind off of this creep we carry with us. It is amazing how it helps. Also the joy of completion and success is good stuff too.

Have a good one today..........Hugs, nancy B .

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday!

First let me wish all Veterans out there a great day. And for the Marines - Happy Birthday! We went to a nice observance yesterday in town, the veteran's agent organizes it and it's always a fitting ceremony.

It's getting warm here, going into the mid-60s today, and the sun is out. I might get to go out to make some Vitamin D after lunch.

What started as allergy symptoms has bloomed into my fall head cold. I always wonder how there can be so much ick that needs to be blown out, coughed up, etc. I started losing my voice Friday while working at the book store, and have been rasping away all weekend.

I finished this year's 46th pair of mittens last night. Some years I get a little jaded by November, and think about ending early, but the thought of a child not having warm hands in a cold New England winter usually snaps me out of it. I hope I'll be done by T-giving, then I'll concentrate on afghans for some of my nephews. I also have a cardigan to finish which will be part of my T-giving or Xmas ensemble.

Mimi, I hope your dentist appt is routine and your back is better soon. I too pray for those who lost so much to Superstorm Sandy, esp the ones who lost everything in the house fires in Breezy Point, NYC. I can't even imagine what they're feeling.

Nancy, the tree, really? DH will lobby for one, which I don't want to waste money on, but I'll cave and he'll spend too much on it. Last year's tree spent it's entire two weeks with us on the front porch, not in water and not decorated.

Wishing all of you the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a long day for me today. I slept poorly due to a sore back. Once at work I had quite a bit to do but it went well. I was told to call corperate HR to discuss my work situation with changing positions. They basically told me I am the most qualified but I can't have it, wich my plant management team contradicted. I still won't know until the plant manager gets back on Thursday. The gist of it is that they want me to get the position, but HR says I will have to quit my training program that I am 75% completed with. I won't do that. Those are credentials I want to keep.

I know for a fact I can't work hard everyday for much longer. I have a long term plan to work into management and current management is on board with it. I hope it works out.

Anywho, I hate the dentist too Mimi, I hope you get some good rest tonight.

Nancy, my wife wants the tree up already. The only thing holding her back is that we havn't bought it yet.

Lou, 46 pairs of mittens! wow

Aside from all that we played Monopoly with the boys tonight and I strted flairing up bad. We had a great time though. Kind of funny, two of my three sisters and my brother all have our backs out at the same time right now. Must be a factory defect. LoL.

Take care everyone.

Cory

jillylin responded:
Hi everyone,
later as usual here.
Hope you all are doing as well as you can.
Hugs
Jilly in the UK

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.