Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****11/14/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC..where it is indeed a bit chilly this morning...but it is almost the middle of Nov...so I guess this is about right...with Thanksgiving it is supposed to be cooler...the weird weather has been very unusual for this time of year...there are lots of things going on though which are unusual.

I did sleep decent last night and I did not wake up too, too early...I hope that everyone else also had a good night's rest.

DH and I cooked pumpkins yesterday 2 very large oval ones...we normally have round ones but he ended up getting these this year...I do think we get more out of the round ones though...fresh pumpkin smell throughout the house now...so we will have some fresh pumpkin pies this year...I have my mother in law's recipe to go by...she made hers so very sweet though so I do not use as much sugar as she did...

We also put up plastic in the BIG boys pen yesterday...(these are the labs) One of them was very much concerned as to why we were out there doing something...I think he worries about not having a place to sleep...do not know why he is like this but he has been this way since he has been here...watching everything doing on and he takes every step that we take...he is an interesting creature...the other one could care less.

Welcome to the new members. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...I know that dealing with the wrath of the dragon does take a lot of time and effort each day...I guess the not knowing how we may or may not feel is one thing that bothers me...and not being able to plan things as I use to do. It does indeed take a process to do almost anything now. I try not to worry though if whatever I want to do I can not do...

Be sure and remember to get your Vitamin D level checked...which is so very important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Get out in the sunshine and enjoy it when you can. This is so very good for the mind and the body...

Have a good Wednesday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everyone. I have been missing days here and I do so regret not being able to say Hi and wish each one well each day. Have been fighting fibro issues along with an eye infection. Not to mention my balance is off as well, thanks to fibro, so all of the above have been keeping me feeling so unwell and off the computer.

It's cold here this a.m. It went down into the 20's last night. It will warm up by mid day to mid 50's and drop down to the 20/30's by late evening. DH and I slept upstairs where it's warm enough to kick off the comforter at night.

Even with it being so cold the tropical plants are doing well in the garage and it's staying near 70 in there. Combined with the sunlight and the warmth they are doing well and even blooming healthy flowers.

I have a few errands to run today and hope I feel up to driving. Being off balance bothers me while walking or driving and I have to do both.

MiMi, mummm your pies sound soooo good.

Lou, sorry to hear the business is not going well. Sending
' air ' hugs to you.

Sharon, I hope things are going well there.. as I said I have been MIA here and have missed posts for days at a time.

I helped out at the church luncheon yesterday and that was nice. The menu of course was all things Thanksgiving. A lot of the regulars we MIA as they had come down with fall complaints, colds, flu, etc. I missed wishing them a happy holiday but hopefully they will be there for next month's meeting.

I guess I should get up from here and get my day going. Have a good day everyone.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

lb707 responded:
Good Morning,

In a lot of pain with the neck and middle of the back, think it is from the dental work done last week nothing seems to be working so will go to the chiro on Friday. Funny though I am sleeping better....must be from being put out, left over meds. Or maybe the stress of having it over, not matter what I LIKE it.

Yesterday fibro fog was so bad I was blaming the morning meds only thing I hadn't take any. I am beginning to feel like an old woman always in the hereafter "what am I here after?"

Pets are a wonderful distraction and joy!

My favorite saying lately is just keep on a truckin!

I wish all in pain the strength to get through this day some where around the corner is that one good day we relish.

laurab

fibroinsd responded:
morning...it is a beautiful day here..just came in from reading the paper on the porch..

I seem to be extra stiff and sore these days..but do manage to get some things done..

Had a nice day on Monday with DH. We went out to the Safari Park..(part of the San Diego Zoo) and had a really nice walk around the park..It is beautiful there..I think the zoo is much better if you want to see animals, but this place has big long paths to take a nice walk..

Hope you are all doing well.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
Haven't been on much---I'm busy getting ready for the craft fair this weekend. We are also dealing with the usual financial/landlord stress and I've been feeling a bit tired. By the time I land on the computer I'm too tired to say much.

I spent most of Monday at mom's, doing laundry. I had four loads and it took almost 8 hours. Mom's washer takes a half an hour, but the dryer takes up to 90 minutes to dry a load, so I had to wait a lot. I got it all washed, dried and folded but boy was I ever tired...Those narrow stairs were murder and I was up and down them fifteen times. The cane really slows me down!

Then yesterday I hauled some brush...The landlord had cut one of our trees down and left it lying there, and we couldn't use the lower driveway or the turnaround. The driveway was blocked and the turnaround was covered by the tree. A friend came yesterday and cut enough of the branches so we could at least use the turnaround; and I hauled them away. My leg isn't too strong yet and I worked very slowly.

Today I ended up throwing out 3/4 of our dry goods. I'd planned to make beans and rice for dinner, and the rice was full of webs and eggs. Turned out we had a food moth infestation that had come in with one bag of rice and spread to almost everything in that cupboard. Every box I checked was full of webs, and so were the sealed plastic bags. I don't know how they manage to get into those. I had to throw out almost everything we had, and this is not a good time to do that. Husband doesn't get paid for another week yet.

So---I've been on my feet a lot this week in between bouts of crocheting. My ankle is not happy at all, but that's par for the course. I can only stand for 15 minutes, then the pain and swelling get so bad I have to sit down. It's annoying, especially when I'm trying to get something done!

My next two days will be crochet marathons. I also have choir rehearsal Thursday night. Then Friday night I have to set up for the fair. Saturday is the fair and I'm looking forward to it. I just need a good dose of energy! That has been in short supply this week.

Next week I have church twice, on Sunday and Tuesday night. Thursday, of course, is Thanksgiving; then I have another craft fair on Saturday. After that, I'm hoping I can catch my breath a little. I will probably need to by then.

So that's what's been going on in my corner of the world <WHEW!>. Now I need to sign off and make some chili for dinner. I will try to get a couple of posts in between now and Thanksgiving! Hope everyone has a good holiday if I don't manage to stop by.

mnjeepguy responded:
It was a gruelling day. My back has been sore for a couple weeks. It was unfortunate that I had to cancel my massage appt. So I stood up this morning and it pullled. I went to work walking like a very old man and ground my teeth all day. I really should have went home.

It seems like whenever I work just a little extra it ends up costing me more. Time for a hot shower and little else. Hopefully it will lighten up or I am taking the next two days off.

It is supposed to warm up here for the weekend. I has been quite cold. We have had ice on the small creeks and puddles for the last couple days.

That's all for now, take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.