Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****11/15/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC where it is cold....really cold...and it is predicted that rain is on its way here also....so I guess we will soon be damp and cold....not a good combination at all...
It actually doesn't matter though since there is really nothing that I can do about this....I know that this too will pass....just like anything else...

I did sleep pretty good last night even though I am still tired this morning...I hate feeling tired but knowing that I did sleep ok...it is not a good feeling at all...I can only wish that better days might be ahead...

Noah and I will get to spend some quality time together today....he is such a sweet little one....full of life and energy and for the most part, he is so happy....always smiling and busy...I do enjoy my time with him...

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here...it is interesting just how fast the last part of the year goes by....and it has been this way now for several years...I did not remember it being like this always...I guess this is a sign of getting older...
my aunt use to tell me that the older one gets the faster the years pass by..

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take time to find the exact combination of *tools and tips* that might work for you...so keep on keeping on...try different things to see what might help you feel better...it is a process..

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...this is important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can make a difference in some people's pain level...I know it did for me...

I hope you got some good rest last night and I hope today will be a good day for us all...

Stay warm and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

That's it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hello all and the top of the morning to you all... I feel "Topsy" this morning and the dictionary doesn't think that is a word no matter how I spell it lol... I don't think that means I am tipsy... Just on one of my morning highs... Woke up singing...

Took my meds a bit early... I can do that in the morning for I don't take my pain meds after 9 at night so I can have them anytime after 6 hrs... I am already feeling a little better... Which is a rarity so I am baking in thankfulness lol...

Long day ahead of me... My poor son has to work from 8 am to midnight today... I have the kids on my own... Luckily I get a couple hours break... They are both in school at the same time for atleast a couple hours... lol... Hopefully I will have my surround sound system figured out by then and not have to return it... lol... If I don't figure out why only 2 speakers are working by the time my granddaughter goes to school it is off to walmart... I will hopefully pick up a different one...

I have such loud ringing in my ears I can't hear the TV speakers unless they are almost full blast... This is my treat for the month... Something special for me... {My book collection is growing to fast I can't keep up so I thought I would give my bookclub a break and get me a surround sound with a dvd player lol...} As soon as I get my son off to work and grandson off to school I will call and see if I can get help over the phone... If nothing works oh well...n Back to the drawing board lol...

I have an appointment with my pain management Dr this morning to go over my MRI test I recently did... We know there are some changes we just don't now how drastic... And if an orthopedic surgeon might help... I am guessing they waited too long... But that's nothing new... I am just hoping it might render a shot session and see if they help... they didn't want to go for them until we found out what was going on again...

Then I come back home to spend the day with a friend who I don't really want to spend the day with but have no choice... I have to have him watch my granddaughter when I go to my appointment and I have to have him pick up my grandson at school this afternoon... With my son working I have no choice but to ask his help... My X and his wife... who usually do it... well he ended up in the hospital last night again... He had another mini stroke... They fixed the hole in his heart a little over a week ago and said that should stop him having strokes... It evidently wasn't all the problem... Please pray they find out why he is having these strokes... He just turned 60 on the 4th... too young for such problems...

Well... guess I best get off here... gotta get ready for my appointment... You all have a wonderful day and take care...

love... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday everyone. I do hope that your day is going well and that you are feeling good today. Not a lot to say today. Just another Fall day going on here. I am surprised at how time is flying by and how quickly the holidays are coming up on me.

It's was a very cold night last night but today it will warm up to 57 and then drop back down to the very low 30's or high 20's over night again. It's Fall here for sure now. And it's
hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just a week away now.

DH is home so have plans with him today. Will be traveling up to the next city near noon time to pick up my father's ukulele ( ukalalee ) that is being repaired and restored to it's old wonderful self. The price tag for getting it back to where it should be is 252 dollars. It had been okay but the grand kids got to it one day 2 summer's ago and boy did they do a job on it. Broke the strings, bridge and the carrying case. UGH.

So when GD asked for it as her 16TH birthday gift last month
we said okay, not knowing it had been trashed by her, her little brother and cousin. Again, UGH. But it will be many years before she gets to play it as we found out
it is a now a museum piece and is worth nearly 800 dollars.
( My father bought it when he was in Honolulu, HI, back in the late 40's when he was going to the U of H. on the GI bill. ) so not a lot going on with my day.

Tomorrow DH and I want to see the movie LINCOLN. I am reading the book now and it's a good read. I am sure the movie will be as good. As an Historian I had to read books by Goodwin throughout my college course work. Esp when doing work on President Lyndon Johnson. After the movie DH will want to have dinner out.. so doing a happy dance No Cooking. Yippee.

DH is up so I guess I need to rattle a few pots and pans.

Okay, here's wishing each of you a warm and sunny day. And a day that is fibro pain or issue free.

Gentle hugs to all, Linda R.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening. A lot happened with me today. I woke with a slightly relieved back. I could stand all the way up. My neck however, took the day off today. It is one big knot. I took it as a good thing though, the back is better. I made it through the day. One more to go. Very sore but doing alright.

I finally heard from the bosses. I had applied for my old job, plus a back-up supervisor. This was for supervisor experience I would need to get a management job down the road. This is me getting set up to work the rest of my career. I know down and dirty hard work is something I can't do much longer.

I heard nothing but good things all the way up to the plant manager, that I would be perfect for the positions. However, because the company had invested good money in turning me into a millwright, the corperate HR people said no. I would have to give up my training. I am not willing to do that so a millwright I will be. For now. I did make an impression and am in a good place with the company. Day by day.

Life is good. I was stressing all week waiting for answers. I rather have any answer than none at all.

I hope you all sleep well and have a great Friday. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.