Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****11/17/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is cold again....but it is right before Thanksgiving and I guess it should be cold....weird weather we are having...as it is suppose to get to around 60* today....here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest....Harley woke me up around 2:30 this morning and I was not a happy camper....she went outside and then decided she wanted to stay up the rest of the morning...well, this did not go over with me...it took me some time but she went back to her cage to rest again....she was good as she did not make any noise until around 7 again...I think she gets confused when she comes here to stay for the week-end...

I had problems getting back to sleep this morning which is not a good thing for me either...I have some errands and things to do today....I just hope I will be able to do them...

It is hard for me to believe that Thanksgiving will be next week...this year has really flown by...the end of it will be here before we know it...and then we will be blessed with 2013...
So much going on around the country...it seems like there are all sorts of issues everywhere...maybe it is just because we all have access to internet and are more informed....do not know if this is a good thing for me...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process...which does take time and effort...there are no quick fixes or magic pills that I am aware of...(we can continue to have hope though that one day there will be)...

Vitamin D....be sure and remember to get your Vitamin D level, if you have not already done so....and then keep tabs on this every year...or more often, if your level is not within the normal range...low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...
Be sure and do your own research about Vitamin D...which is really a hormone...and just how important it is to us.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also important for me....there are days which are better than others....I still have no idea why...perhaps it is the weather or just my body...I am still having bad issues...and the only thing which helps me is a heating pad...so I do use it often...

Getting enough sleep is also a key issue for me....I can tell when I do not get enough of it or the right kind of sleep...years ago I had no idea that there were *stages of sleep that could make a difference in the way I feel*....so many things which can make a difference in how we cope....

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more...

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

lb707 responded:
Yes sleep a wonderful thing that often can become elusive. I am such a different person, a better person on the days it I sleep. On the other days I just try to be patient and wail til night and hope it is better the nest day.

Damp and chilly her with a lot of rain possible wind in the NW. My pain was with me the whole night and into this morning so my day will be and easy one with lots of pacing.

laurab

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday morning to MiMi, Laura and everyone. I hope each of you had a good yesterday and that your today is going well. I hope that you are not having to deal with fibro issues or pain.

I am dealing with a sinus infection again. Had to get more antibiotics and started on them yesterday. And my fibro is acting up now. Noticing more and more fibro issues going on. I have muscle pain, fog and balance issues, not to mention the ache all over feeling run down feeling ( flu like ) .
*** I HATE FRIGGEN FALL AND WINTER!#@! ***

I know these fibro issues came with the cold weather but luckily it's warming up here. It's nice an sunny and it will be 60 something by noon. Up from a down right cold night of 29. And I get to turn off the heaters as it will be 60 something in the day time and 40 -50's something at night for the next 4 days . Yeah.

DH and I saw the film LINCOLN yesterday afternoon, and it is, as reviewed, a great film. ( I see Academy award nominations throughout the film.) It truly is a one of kind, better than Hollywood has ever done, film. A must see really. I am an Historian, who had to do a lot of research on Lincoln while in college, and this film, and the book, is dead ( Team of Rivals ) on factually. Based on Historical facts and put together beautifully. Danial Day Lewis is perfect as Lincoln. Teachable moments for all who watch it.

And I do hope everyone goes to see it. But sadly, I noticed that the theater was 1/8TH full and the age of those in the theater with us were 50 somethings or older. This film should be seen by younger movie goers. So many wonderful lessons to be learned from this film, but they, the younger than 30 somethings, were in other theaters watching Breaking Dawn which opened Thursday. The lines for that film were out the door out to the parking lot.

MiMi, sorry you had trouble getting back to sleep this a.m. I know you don't like that. And yes there is so much going on throughout the nation. All that information can seem overwhelming at times.

angelswife, I do hope you paced yourself yesterday and that you are not sore or worn out today.

Hi Laura, sorry you've been in pain. I do hope your flare ends quickly. Also sorry it's damp and chilly there.

DH is home today so have things to do around the house.We watered and tended to the tropical plants in the garage Thursday. Thankfully they are all doing well and still flowering. today I have to get the ones indoors. Still have some in house projects to finish so will be kinda busy I guess.

We picked up the last of the Thanksgiving meal items yesterday, well DH did after the movie. I had hoped to save the 100 dollars we spent for other things. But not bad really for a family of 4 but it's just the two of us. I'm seeing a lot of left overs in my fridge. And I still have to pay for our Thanksgiving meal out. OUCH.

And in just a few weeks I have to make our traditional Christmas Tamales. UGH. So much work to make them even tho DH helps. Their so costly, time consuming ( 2 days total ) and OMG what a mess in the kitchen while making them.I spend a few hours at least cleaning pots and pans. But the smile on DH's face when he tastes the first one and says " Their better than last year's! " makes it worth it.

Speaking of cooking for DH he's up so I should get up to.
Have a wonder today.. feel well.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Awaiting for to see my son off to work... No grandchildren today... Lack of sleep last night due to not being able to breathe... Just about had to spill water on my son to wake him to call an ambulance and it quit choking me... Whatever it was was scarey... I couldn't talk... couldn't stop choking... couldn't catch my breath when I could breathe... I just woke up with it... I think it is time to find out what is going on... Things like this shouldn't be happening...

Anyway... After he is off to work... I am off to bed... I have a fever today and need to figure out why... I do have a bad cough so maybe I have a bad chest cold... I was coughing up a lot of flem and liquid again so I am thinking there is water back in my lungs... No one to take me to the ER today as my son works all day... I will see if it happens again... The 911 here can find you if you call so I should have just called last night... But I was foolish... I just don't want more happening to me again... I am so tired of new things being diagnosed and new things going wrong...

I guess I am just a bit down today... the night took a bit out of me... I didn't sleep well after that happened... I was literally afraid to sleep.. I think... I know what you are all thinking... get to the ER... and I will or I will get into my Dr again soon... Missed her appointment last month anyway...

Well... He is gone... I need to rest... Talk to you all later... Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

fibroinsd responded:
Hello all..

a tad cool here ...just wish it was a few degrees warmer...but guess I shouldn't complain..it isn't bad..

I went to my doctor yesterday for tummy problems..and I think all is ok there...but asked for another script of flexeril..to help me sleep..and I had one last night..and it does really help me...thank goodness ...no getting up last night..I hope with a few nights of this, I will be feeling better...

Jan..hope you are ok..please take care..sounds scary..

I see Roz stopped by today...that is nice..and Laura always good to have you check in too...and our usual gang...always enjoy seeing what is going on..Linda..glad to hear that the movie Lincoln is good and not just hype..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon gang. Today started out beautiful. We had bright sunshine and we were already over 40. I went outside to tinker and enjoy the sun.

The wife and I went to her sisters to do some turkey day planning. On the way home the clouds rolled in and my energy left. I took a little nap on the couch. It was instantanious. Now I am sore and tired but doing fine. It's crazy how tied into the weather I am.

My back is still not healed. I am afraid to go to my Chiro of 15 years. My last visit hurt. It is the first time that had happened but now I don't want to go back. I need to schedule a massage.

SInce I was on the couch already, I had a cup of coffee and worked on one of my hardest school books for millwright. I was able to almost finish it and will do so in the morning. Day by day.

Enough about me, I hope you all have a great evening and sleep good tonight. Jan, take care of yourself, keep us posted. Linda R, hope you feel better soon.

Cory

booch007 responded:
Mimi,

Coming in on Sunday....can't believe I beat you to the board!

I had a Christening of the newest member of the family yesterday. Patrizia Yolanda....Beautiful ceremony...beautiful and then the party was fun. I got to see the GB's and run around silly and childlike! (Good medicine)

Not so good this morning from ALL THAT FUN! But will get better as I move along, I know.

Today I begin the baking of the pies for the deli. My cheesecake and the Ricotta pie cheeses cake. I will do crusts today and rest then fill them tomorrow for sale during the week. Many already sold. IT is tradition to do this.

The crust gets me, the rolling is a push motion. A trigger for sure. But is just needs to be paced (as you say!)

Then at 3 I have a surprise party for my SIL...she turned 60 and we have to celebrate. So out again...busy weekend.
Plus Florida will be here by Friday and I have to pack and get that all planned.....(NOT). So I am under the gun and work is so busy I am dead when I get home.....

Somewhere in this I will pace and be fine. Busy is good it keeps the devil from me....but can draw our dragon to the house too !

I was able to switch appts with the neurologist and get shots on Monday so I will be reset after all the crust making....and ready for Florida with muscles that are happy.

I have found I can tolerate and am better now with 75mg of tramadol...so I have increased my pills during the day to survive the pace I am doing. It is always a re-assess and plan mode to have a life.

NO Christmas spirit as yet, though, I have my tree up and listened that day to songs...I think I have to get that "surprise gift" that gets you in the mood of the holiday.....or maybe I am just getting old and it gets old and I won't get it this year? Hmmmm.

Is that also something we have to work at?

Crap............OK, off to the music and baking for the start of the holiday season. MAybe you will be able to smell the fragrances from your door. (being gluten intolerant) makes it sad i cannot eat any of what I bake. Also need to be careful not to put my fingers to my face or mouth......

Hugs to all for a good or better day, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.