Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chest Pain with Fibro?
tdkd4e posted:
Okay so when I wear a bra of any kind that has underwire in it, I seem to have a lot of chest pain, it scares me, is this something that happens with Fibromyalgia? I was just recently diagonsed with fibro so I am new to all the hurts you can have other than the ones I had already been having. Thanks so much!

jroseland responded:
It could have something to do with the bra. There is a multi-year, hundreds of comments thread here about pain from bras and some pain free ones to buy.

If you think it's more serious, though, see your doctor. FM can cause very tender points that an underwire could dig into. Of course, you should contact your doctor if you think it's more serious.

xperky responded:
Yes, it really could be the underwire bra. Here's a link to the famous "No Pain Bra" discussion we've had here:
http://forums.webmd.com/3/fibromyalgia-exchange/forum/14334/462
With Compassion,
Margaret

foreversore responded:
There is a new "bra" not in the previous discussion that I just found at WalMart. I believe it is by Basic Editions and they are only $5 per bra. They look like a sports bra with adjustable straps but are way more comfortable than any sports bra. It's almost like a generic version of the Ah or Genie bra. They come in a lot of colors and patterns and are the only thing I can wear that causes only minimal discomfort instead of downright pain.

Candyland responded:
Hi tdkd4e,
I have asthma with my fibro, and when I wear a bra, I have to work harder to breathe. Leisure bras seem easier, but underwires would kill me. I recommend that you talk to your doc about it. Chest pain is supposed to be scary, so that you don't ignore it. Don't ignore it.
Good luck,
Candyland

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.