Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Severe pain to the touch on thighs
LeanneEsteves posted:
Does anyone else have this severe pain,if i even have an itch on my thigh im afraid to scratch it because of the pain:(
foreversore responded:
I understand what you are talking about but mine is transient. It isn't always in the same place so I am usually in for a surprise when it happens. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out what to do about it yet or what works to help it. I'm hoping others can chime in and be more helpful but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
nmonte94 responded:
I get that. It feels like my body is bruised when I touch it. I know the pain but unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. Right now I just deal with it
LeanneEsteves replied to nmonte94's response:
That exactly how it feels like a non stop throbbing bruise with even the slightest touch:( atleast you are not sucks!
LeanneEsteves replied to foreversore's response:
I hate it for both of us but its nice to know like you said that im not alone....maybe someone with the same thing will come up with a remedy...its takes over my life,i hate it
katmandulou responded:
Hi Leanne:
I have the same thing, only it's my neck and upper back. I've been trying IcyHot, it comes in an antiperspirant-like stick, and it's not perfect but I do get some relief from the pain. And I smell minty! LOL

Helpful Tips

Weight Loss and pain
I am a 43 yr old female with fibromyalgia and numerous other dx's attached to my medical records...overweight, depressed, immune ... More
Was this Helpful?
71 of 79 found this helpful