Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi everyone!
foreversore posted:
I've been absent for a few days and as you can see I did a lot of catching up tonight. I wish I was up and able at a decent time to do the daily roll call but most of my computer time is from 10 pm to 4 or 5 am when I am finally able to fall asleep.

I am still suffering the after effects of the lumbar epidural I had a week and a half ago. I have tried ice and heat alternating like the nurses suggested but I still have a lot of the burning raw nerve feeling. It doesn't matter if I sit, stand or lie down I always feel it somewhere. thats part of what's keeping me awake these nights and tonight the anxiety is in high gear because in 12 hours I get my forst cervical epidural and I am terrified of the resulting pain. I am also worried that I will be in too much pain to pull off my Thanksgiving dinner. I do all of the cooking and baking myself and I usually start some of my prep work on tuesday and do a little of this and a little of that until the meal is served. We have a few friends coming over that don't really have any place to go for the holiday. I just hope I can handle all of the noise and commotion. That is difficult for me on any given day but the cervical epidural is bound to change everything. I am trying to keep a positive "I can do this" attitude and DH has offered to help me with meal prep this year so that is a bit of a relief.

If this injection is anything like the last one I will be bed bound by 4 pm today and will likely stay there til Tuesday morning when the pain abates enough fo rme to get around a little bit. The one perk this brings is I get to play "director" while my DH and DD get the house clean and spruced up for the holiday.

Maybe I will be able to check in later if I can't sleep. I will have DH bring me the laptop so I can puuter around a bit. Hope you all have a wonderful and symptom free day

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
The only way to get through a big holiday is to delegate and let others chip in, bringing some of the foods. It's okay to ask for that help.

I hope this next injection doesn't have as large of an impact on you and you are able to enjoy your Thanksgiving.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

xperky responded:
How are you feeling now? I hope you can get some rest and enjoy the holiday. DH sounds great!
With Compassion,
Margaret

foreversore replied to xperky's response:
Thank you ladies. I am still suffering the bad effects from the lumbar epidural. The doctor says he won't do that one again. Being that this was a cervical epidural I thought he would actually do the injection in my neck but it was done right between my shoulder blades. So far I am not having any bad effects from this one but I don't feel relief yet either and wont for another 5-7 days but at least it is my normal pain and not increased pain.

I did take a few shortcuts this year. I bought pies instead of making them and I did get some prep done Monday before the injection. Dh will have to move the turkey around for me and will likely have to make the gravy but other than that its all good

Since this one didn't increase my pain he may try this one again later in an attempt to try to decrease my pain more. If after a second I don't feel better he is going to have the surgeon re evaluate me and reconsider doing surgery to remove several discs both in my lumbar and cervical spine. I know my lumbar is a lost cause so I hope the shots "fix" the c spine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday tomorrow! May your travels be safe, your meal be perfect and enjoy the company of your family and friends.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
455 of 530 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.