Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ****11/19/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is cold this morning...but at least it is dry....going to be around 56* but breezy...I had Harley for the week-end and she woke me up really early Saturday morning...but was ok the rest of the time...she is an interesting dog to say the very least...funny at times and I think she gets confused when she is dropped off at my house...dogs make good company though...for the most part.

Here is hoping each of you had a good week-end...and I hope you are getting ready for Thanksgiving....We had a good Sunday lunch with honey baked ham, potato salad and pintos, deviled eggs and pumpkin pie...Noah did not eat the pie...he decided he did not like it...but he loves desserts...

OMG...the time has flown by this year...I knew it would though..and to think Christmas will soon be here and over with before we know it and then we will be in another new year...a lot going on in a very short time...I hope people will remember the reason for the season...

I did rest ok last night...but woke up with my back again not settle...it is always something...I have been thinking about trying to find me a *cushion* to see if that might help.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process...as there are no quick fixes...and it will probably take a combination of *tools and tips* that will do the trick to help you cope better...so hang in here with us and learn all you can...this is a good place to get a lot of good *tips* to try.

Vitamin D....so important...remember to have your doctor check your Vitamin D level...which is so important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and this is such a cheap fix...

That's all....have a great Monday...stay warm and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday morning MiMi and all that follow my post. I each of you had a good weekend and that your fibro issues or pain were slight or none at all. This will be a short post as I have early morning errands to run.

Well it was cold last night and will be again. The start of the cold months is here. It will be nice and warm today so that's good. Warm again tomorrow as well. The tress are nearly bare now and those with leaves are bright crimson now. Pretty. For whatever reason the lawn is still green Go figure that in late November?

DH never made it outside to get the Christmas lights up. He started on his bath tub project and that took two trips to Lowes and most of the afternoon. We put the whirlpool tub in about 11 years ago to help me with my fibro muscle aches and the back slash at the tub lining had never been put in right and really needed to be updated. And when he was done gosh his update on the tub looked nice. And it makes the whirlpool tub look brand new. Amazing what few things one needs to do to make something look so new and different. I do hope tho DH tries for the out door Christmas lights this afternoon.

The medications are working, the antibiotics and the Gabapentin, and I am feeling better. My balance is getting better now so am getting back to getting things done that I had put off because my balance (a side effect of the ear infection and fibro ) was so poor the last few weeks. So yesterday I went in and had my hair restyled and it feels good to have 3 inches gone. Helps me with not getting headaches when my hair is shorter. I plan to make one of my today errands getting my nails redone. I guess I'll be looking and feeling pretty much back to my normal self, if I can be normal in November, by Thanksgiving.

MiMi, I know the days are just flying by now. It will be Christmas in no time now. In fact DH is hitting the stores for early/ pre black Friday sale items. I have been looking for Chocolate and white diamond earrings since for ever and he found some 1/2 price at this one jewelry store and a lovely sweater at another so he asked if I really wanted them and I said yes, he said he'd use his lunch hour to check them out. I sure hope they pan out,

I am tired of hunting for reasonably priced chocolate earrings. The reason I want chocolate and white diamond earrings is that my DH is Mexican-American and I am white/ Spanish. Just thought they'd be a nice touch but OMG what jewelry stores are asking for small stud earrings, 900 dollars. So being the thrifty people we are we may not be getting them, but we'll see. And you know if it weren't for these 1/2 price Christmas 'deals' I most likely wound care if I got them or not.

Nancy, so glad you are getting your shot(s) today. I know they help you so much.

angelswife, sorry the sales didn't happen like you'd hoped at the craft show. Your work is so nice I am not surprised the lady couldn't make up her mind so she bought all four and come back for another one! You will do much better this coming weekend no doubt about it!

Okay the washer stopped so I guess I should get up and get the clothes into the dryer.

Have a great day everyone. Wishing each of you a day done your way and one that has little to now fibro pain or issues to deal with.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good morning all... I am sure this will take a while for I am Parkinson Dancing and it is a lot like doing the rap this morning lol...I have been up and going at it since 4 am... Lots of jerking lots of pain.. I ran into the wall and hit the wall with my toe and fist several times... Must learn a different route to the coffee pot... lol... oops there is only one way there lol...

I dug out my leg braces to walk over the weekend... I used them a little when the kid were gone... My son was at work too... I fall over a lot... need to definitely use the rutches again... Use to walk without them... lol... guess those days are in the past at least for the time being...

I am going back to physical therapy... Dr says for soft tissue therapy on my neck... anyone knows what that means please chime in... And balance... I need a refresher course in balance... I said... "What you didn't like catching me twice in the hallway... What do you expect with no cane or walker... lol... Shouldn't surprise me with a 4 foot walk... lol... "

Anyway I am sick too... can't stop coughing and can't breathe... So she equated that to walking... I told her sitting still and talking does the same thing... If I talk for too long I can't talk soon either...

Speaking of... I had a very rough and scarey weekend... Lots of times I was too short of breathe for my comfort...I woke up Friday night unable to breathe... felt like my lungs wouldn't move... All I could do was choke... The lower part still hurts and they have been burning since...

I tried to wake my son but couldn't shake him awake... Course I wasn't very strong so shaking wasn't very easy for me... I went back to my room to get water to spill on him and finally stopped choking.. Got some liquid flem up and could breath again... All I could think about was sleep... So I slept... After I coughed things up for over an hour...

I mostly slept all day and night and didn't feel anything but exhaustion Sunday... Almost couldn't make it thru my football games... And I had to babysit... Plus I am part time wathing of my son's friends's kids... just for 3-4 hours 2-3 nights a week... For $20 a night... and more if it is over 4 hours... But she works with my son and he will make sure if I am not up to it she is off on time... Or if he is off he will help me and I can rest... And get the pay... Isn't he a doll...

I won't make too much to lose my SSI and I am only doing it for extra Christmas money... Plus My son's birthdays are January 4th and March 1st... Could use some help to get them something nice... They will both be here... My oldest son is returning from VA. Dec. 8... Now all I want for Christmas is my daughter and her husband and my grandchildren to show up for Christmas... We haven't been together since when my husband and I were married... On Christmas Day... Would have been our 14th anniversary this year... In my heart it still is and always will be... After all his body is what died... His spirit is with me...

Well... I have to go... Need to get my son up in 4 minutes and it will take longer then that to get to him lol. You all have blessed day....
take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
It's bright and sunny out, and it looks beautiful. I went out on the deck for a few minutes even though it was freezing (18 degrees!) and soaked up the sunshine. I tossed a few peanuts to the squirrels too---they were right up on the deck and begging. I put some seed down for the birds too.

The half-blind squirrel will sit up right at my feet now. She has gotten less skittish because she realizes I'm feeding her. I am hoping she makes the winter with my help, because her eyesight is getting worse. Some days she can barely find her way around, and I fear for her. But I'll feed her as long as I can. She deserves a chance like any other creature we have here.

I will be making some holiday hats today. They are black and white, and they are decorated with a string of crocheted Xmas lights. The lights take me six hours to do, but they look so good it's worth all the effort. Hopefully I can sell a few this weekend. I was wearing one as an advertisement last year, and a lady came up and pulled it right off my head. That was a very quick sale, lol.

The landlord is out tearing around on his backhoe already. He wants to finish everything up this week so he can be gone by Thanksgiving. I have my doubts that will happen, though. There are so many "new" old vehicles strewn about the place; and he brought back a monumental heap of scrap wood from his place in Vermont. The pile is currently sitting in his dooryard, waiting to be burned. It is as tall as I am, so that should make an impressive fire. I am hoping he will be sober when he burns it.

He actually did clean up that tree a few days ago...he had come up and told Husband that he was too busy with other things to bother with it. Husband told him that was fine, that he would have a friend come and cut it up and take the wood away. The landlord was back with his chainsaw two minutes later, and he had the tree all cut and piled within 15 minutes. He said he'd be burning the wood next year, lol.

I guess telling him not to bother is the way to get things done---some of them, anyway. He hasn't done a thing about the house, but that's par for the course with him. We are quite used to that. As usual, I'll be glad when he goes. He's been a little more unpredictable this year because he hasn't stayed on his meds.

Time to pick up my crochet hook---I've got hats to make! Hope everyone has a good day.

katmandulou responded:
Another Manic Monday - heading into Thanksgiving!
It's cool and clear here, high 40s now, not getting much warmer. It's n ice in the sun. Yuki needed to go out, did her thing, then laid done in the grass. A little breeze but not much. That dog likes it cold, but I'd rather be snug in the house with a cup of tea. My 'cold' is clearing up, not coughing as much, but my nose still feels stuffy.
Mimi's right - where DID the year go? I have a good handle on the Christmas shopping, we're only giving to 16 of the kids; most have 'aged-out' of our system (out of school or married and on their own), and that includes two of the babies. Some of then we just don't see, and I won't give a parent a gift to give to the kids who won't come a couple times a year to see the family. I got one of those little USB thumb drives for each of the 10 bigger kids (in-school), will get clothes for the the youngest 6. We have 2 in college, and 3 will graduate in the spring.

The job at the bookstore is a lot of fun. Most people are wonderful and understanding when I drag them to the wrong corner in search of the right book, I always tell them that I'm new. I guess some people are never happy, and I've had my share of them. I'm working the night before T-giving, and start at 8am on Black Friday. Pray for me!
Linda, please send your DH to my house, as I need help with my kitchen floor. LOL There's a strong maple tree root that was released by the ground (there's just a crawl space under my kitchen) and my floor looks like a roller coaster. My DH promises we'll get to it in a couple of weeks.
Jan, it's good to see you again., and I'm so sorry for what your' going through. Has anyone else noticed that we tend to have have many things going on in our bodies?
angelswife, keep on crocheting. I saw that you didn't have good sales over the weekend, but I have my fingers crossed that the new hats will sell quickly!
I wish you all the best day you cal possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Ah Monday, it never is a treat but today was alright. I haven't been doing well the past few days so I took Wednesday off. That means no work until next Moday after tomorrow's tour.

It is supposed to be about 50 here until an abrupt halt on Friday. It's a good time to take a day off and relax. I am hoping to take a drive to Cohasset to pick up the parts I have been waiting on for the Jeep. Good driving weather.

We refinanced the house recently to lower our rate and I was surprised with a nice refund check from the previous mortgage. This will help out. The wife needs new glasses and we have to finish Christmas shopping. Good timing for unexpected funds.

I hope you all sleep well and feel good tomorrow. Take care everyone. Enjoy the evening.

Cory.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.