Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question for fibroinsd
1wareaglefan posted:
Hello, Cece, I have a question for you. I seem to remember you were on the Medifast diet. I have a friend who's lost a good bit of weight, so I'm thinking about it. Just wondered if you were still on it, and do you still love it?

Sorry I had to put this on the main board, but I didn't know how to message you any other way.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

fibroinsd responded:
So glad you asked...yes I am still on it..I have lost about 100 pounds...and I totally recommend it. I found I was never hungry..in fact, I could hardly eat and drink all the water they want....

I will tell you that they told me I could take the weight off in about seven months..and it took me over a year...and when I didn't take it all off in the seven months..they did charge an extra 100 dollars..but it was worth it..

Most people that I know that have taken the weight off, have gained some of it back, so that is why I am making sure I do my full year of maintenance...I think some people think.."ok I got the weight off..now I can do what I want..."..and what I want is to make sure I don't gain the weight back.

It is important if you do it..to set yourself up on a schedule so that you are eating every two-three hours...

The food taste a little different at first..so expect some time to adjust..now I love my food..especially the chocolate mint bars, the banana pudding,..and the coffee soft serve that I make like a frappachino...

If I can be of any help with this when and if you do it..I will be happy to do so...

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is not to be carrying around that weight..It does not sure fibro..but at least you aren't dealing with the whole weight problem also.
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

fibroinsd replied to fibroinsd's response:
oops..it should read.."does not cure fibro"..not sure fibro.

1wareaglefan responded:
Thanks for replying, Cece. 100 lbs....wow!! My friend has lost 40 and looks so amazing. She says she loves it and will be on it the rest of her life. The way I'm going into it is not just a quick fix, but a way to control my weight the rest of my life.

I lost 40 lbs. on weight watchers a couple of years ago, but then I went back to my same ole habits and have gained it all back! So I'm going into this with a different attitude. I realize that I'm going to have to change my old bad habits with good healthy ones, and I want to keep it off this time.

The eating something every 2-3 hours is appealing to me, so I believe I can do it. I'm going to try it for a month and just see what happens. I have been encouraged in the past by your saying how good you feel and that you highly recommend it. So I thank you for that.

If you don't mind, I'll stay in touch with you about how it's going, ok?

Thanks so much!
Elizabeth

fibroinsd replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
yes...stay in touch with me...anytime ...

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.