Tuesday ****11/20/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is 41* and going to get up to 60*....nice...and it is also dry....I did sleep ok last night...and woke up at a decent hour this morning...not too early...so I hope today will be a good one....I keep Noah today and he is always happy...he is a smart little boy and for the most part, he is really good...he minds most of the time...he can have his moments when he is tired though...he reminds me of his daddy...I just hope he will figure it out that he must take a nap in order not to be so moody...his daddy figured this out at a very early age...he would go to sleep early so he could get up feeling better...children do learn at an early age...

So....we are down to the countdown for Thanksgiving and the black Friday *deals*...so many people shopping for the good prices on things...I have actually lucked up and am all but finished except for a few little things...I did most of mine early this year to make sure that my grandsons got what they want...
so I do not have to worry about getting out and about in the hustle and bustle...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that each of you will soon find what works for you...it is normally a *combination of tools*...so hang in here and learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...and soon you will figure out how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon...(as Nana B says)....it does take a trial and error process though to figure this out...actually I think most every thing concerning FM takes a process...it is an every day thing to do...

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good thing to figure out early...crossing the line does not do any good for me...as I only pay for do so...and there are times which I have to say *NO*....which was also a learning process for me as well...it is hard to push oneself when there is nothing else to push...without causing additional pain...

In the past week I have started a new medicine...I got a trial bottle of it and wanted to see if it would do anything for my fatigue...it is interesting since it is close to what I take anyway...just in a capsule form and much more than I normally take each day...when I talked to someone in the vitamin store about the ribrose...I was told that I had not taken enough of it also...so I guess sometimes, perhaps more is better for us...

Vitamin D...be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked which is so important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Tuesday before Thanksgiving...

I am thankful this year for a lot...I am thankful that I can enjoy my grandsons....who are the apples of my eyes....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi and to all. I hope your day is going well and that you have little to no fibro issues or pain to speak off. This will be a very quick post as I really have little to post today.. a slow news day as they say.

It's cool here too. 40 something but will be warm today with some clouds. Well MiMi is right the count is counting down to Thanksgiving. My middle daughter is on her way here.. but it looks like she's going to be coming in late, late Thanksgiving.. no meal with them. And they are leaving before 5 a.m. on Friday so I am thinking no visit in with them at
all. I am getting the turkey thawed later today and Wed and DH will be getting it ready for the oven along with his stuffing casserole. I have just two small things to get to make sure I have everything for the meal.

Will be working on Christmas lights today. Did some checking on decorations yesterday afternoon and it looks as if we're good to go as they say.

And thank goodness I'm feeling better now. The Gabapentin is working it's magic.. and yet .. I hate taking it. The antibiotic's, pills and drops, are working too. But I still have balance issues and I know that's part of the fibro flare that kicked in two weeks ago. I should have jumped on the symptoms but was so down and out with the ear and sinus infections I didn't get onto things for the fibro flare. I know: dumb. I hate the season changing. In spring and summer my usually lite fibro flares are easy to deal with, come Fall and Winter OHN it's so hard to stay feeling on top of fibro. UGH.

Okay, not a whole lot to talk about here. It's early and I haven't had my green tea with honey and cinnamon yet so maybe that's why I'm dragging along now. So will let you go and get you day moving.

Sending best wishes for a great day, a fibro pain and issue free day..

Gentle hugs to all. Linda R

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I had a rather tiring day yesterday...I met one of my Facebook friends in person and it wasn't quite what I'd hoped for. She is a very nice lady, but she's had a hard life and it has made her rather bitter and negative about things. I listened to her vent for an hour and a half (I barely got in a word edgewise); then she said goodbye and went home again. I was so tired after that that all I wanted to do was curl up and take a nap.

I am feeling a little sad about that because we get along well on FB...of course on FB it's easier to have two-way conversations. I will still keep her as a friend; I just may have to confine our relationship to FB. She has complained she has few friends, and unfortunately I can see why after yesterday. Our talk was all about her and how tough her life is. I can't be around constant negativity because I find it very draining. It's hard enough dealing with my own, lol.

This place has been a beehive of activity this week. The landlord is planning to go to Cuba so he can marry his lady friend and bring her to the U.S., and he is trying to get as much money as he can. To that end, he has been collecting all the scrap metal that's lying around and/or buried on the property and having it hauled away. He runs his backhoe almost 24-7 gathering it, so we have to be careful driving into and out of the property. We never know where we'll run into him.

Along with the backhoe, there is a HUGE flatbed truck---its driver is staying on the property while all this work is being done. Navigating around that is impossible because it blocks the entire driveway. He has been here since Sunday, taking away loads of metal and returning for more. I have never seen so much junk!

The first thing to go was an ancient bulldozer which had been literally half-buried on the property. It was a rusted hulk of a machine, completely crusted in dirt. Next was a load of steel I-beams, just as rusty, that were part of the original building that sat here 50 years ago. That building was a rest home, and it burned to the ground; and when the landlord got the property some 20 years after the fire, he just plowed everything under and started over. Then he built the current house and started a salvage yard...The whole back lot sits on a mountain of construction debris almost 30 feet high. It is unnerving to look over the edge.

After the I-beams, the landlord's old backhoe went...Now this morning the flatbed is loaded with a such a tangled mess of steel that I have no clue what it might have been. The amount being unearthed is almost scary. I don't dare go near things because I might not make it back, lol. The place looks like a war zone.

So...that has been my week so far. There is never a dull moment around here! I will be glad when he leaves for the winter and we can have some peace and quiet. It's been rather noisy the past few days.

jillylin responded:
Hi MiMi and everyone,
we don't have Thanksgiving here in the UK. Harvest Festival is the nearest celebration and that is in October. My grandsons have told me all about it though. Is it this Thursday?

Very dull and overcast here on the South Coast but strangely warm for this time of year, not that I am complaining. The damp and cold seems to make everything worse.

I see you have trouble with pacing too MiMi. It is one of my biggest struggles as I can't rid myself of the thoughts that if I push myself long and hard enough Fibro will disappear. I finish work in three weeks time and my boss is determined to make every day as hard as she can for me, demanding I do this and that because she " is so busy". I'm trying to do it all, my work and hers and it just makes me feel even more of a failure because I can't do it. Sigh. Sorry, whining again.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and remember to be kind to yourselves.
Hugs
Jilly in the UK

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
angelswife, I am so sorry that your fb friend is more into herself and her issues than into you and your life. I know it's hard caring about someone who is so unhappy and negative. I push away from the table when I get a friend like that going. I care about them but truthfully I can't deal with it as I have enough stuff around here that is draining... so I do so understand.

As you know I tend to rattle on about myself without thinking I need to shut up, listen and be there for my friends. I keep so much in around her about how I feel that when I get a chance to rattle on to someone who understands, I do, and I regret it afterwards. She may be somewhat like me? U think?

And it's sound crazy there with your nutty or crazy landlord running heavy equipment there. I'd say it's a good thing that he's clearing the property, at last, but wonder what it will look like after he's dug so much of the property with that back hoe. And he's bringing back a wife from Cube? OMG where and how did he get to do that?

Okay, I hope you get to recoup today and please stay safe while your crazy landlord is doing his metal digging/ scavenger's hunt.
Gentle hugs to you, LInda R

lb707 responded:
Good Morning,

A little soggy here in the NW, we do not live swelling rivers but did see the rain coming down in sheets and lost power for only 45min. Others have not fared so well.......I would not want to live near the canals or rivers on weeks like this.

Linda are you pacing. I keep looking at the gabapentin wanting to try it but I get such side effects I have never gotten to more than 200mil a day. Who knows maybe someday will give it a better try.

I have always wondered what it would be like to meet someone you knew from computer conversations in person. I am the kind if nervous I may talk so much you would not get a word in.....later I would wish I would've shut up. The other thing I do is the twenty questions trying to find out too much. Who knows what nerves could do to a person. No matter how hard I try I am not sure the written t really sounds like Me LOL.

Who knows maybe I am really boring:)

laurab

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening, it was a pretty nice day today. We had a frosty morning but it gave way to a good amount of sunshine. It looks like tomorrow will be the last day over 50 for us. Highs will be in the low 30's after that.

I am slightly better today. It was mostly due to taking tomorrow off but I can live with that. Work had stressed out for the last couple weeks. The stress is likely what set the flare off in the first place. Tomorrow will be a welcome day of rest.

Angleswife, I'm glad things are quieter for you now.
Mimi, I'm glad you slept better.

Everyone, take care and sleep well. Enjoy the holiday weekend.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon

I do hope Elizabeth/wareaglefan sees that I did reply to her..

Things are ok here..I was over at mom and dad's yesterday dealing with some issues there. The kids have the week off of school this week..so no work for me..and no pay either..so that is not good..

My older sister and her bf will be here for Thanksgiving..but they will be in and out quickly. We are all going to a nice buffet this year..but DH cannot do without a turkey dinner so we will do that on Sunday...

I have been dealing with so much pain lately and tense muscles...so went to the doctor and got back on flexeril at night..I do think it is helping..but does make me tired during the day even..but I am enjoying not getting up at night..

Angelswife...sorry the meeting didn't go as well as you hoped..I know I have met three people that I met here at Webmd...and I was nervous at all three, but it did turn out well with them..I hope you can stay away from this one, though..you don't need all that negativity..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright