Skip to content
Help is there anyone out there that can relate to what I am discribing? Oh I hope so.
Debb60 posted:
I would like some suggestions from the group. I am on Savella, Gabapentin, Topiramate, Hydrocodone 10/325, and Nortriptyine. Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, some arthritis, and Neuropathy here and there. Much trouble with left side of body (arm & leg) from car accident 2007, have burning throughout body. I have 2 concerns first is I had gastric bypass in 2005, never any problems. But now it seems sometimes when I eat - as food is digesting - my body burns more. Second concern is both my leg are very very sensitive to the tough - specially lower legs. Also I bruise very easily, had many test - no cancer. Doctors are always so quick now to say Fibromyalgia. Is this all apart of Fibromyalgia? I hate that that is becoming the answer for everything. Does anyone else have very sensitive legs as I described? Also as anyone else had the gastric bypass or maybe just experience similiar symptoms as explained? I am not getting any answers only frustration.

xperky responded:
Hi Debb,

I often feel worse right after eating. Haven't had gastric bypass, but I can tell I feel worse if I eat larger meals or certain foods. I guess it's my body telling me what it doesn't like, so I try to listen. Try making a list of what foods feel better and worse and see if there might be a pattern there.

The fact that you bruise easily is something you may want a second opinion on. I don't know if that can be from FM. One thing to ask yourself is, do you take a lot of NSAID's? That can cause easy bruising.

Sorry you are dealing with all this. I hope your Thanksgiving weekend is pleasant.
With Compassion,
Margaret

booch007 responded:
Good morning,

I hate when the docs just keep throwing everything in the FM pail....probably 1/3 is not from this disorder and more could be done to figure us out. But we are trying on their patience.....

It is so trying on my patience ! Isn't this the weirdest issue to deal with.

It is amazing you wrote this note as last night I had this exact thing happen. I ATE TOO MUCH...I ate in periods of nosh and then dinner, but all together it was too much. I HURT and I couldn't get comfortable even my bones hurt again and it is a rare complaint from me unless I am sick.

I have to admit too I broke my gluten diet and ate a cookie as I packing up trays to give to neighbors today and they just called my name........I am very reactive to gluten so I thought (quietly) that this was my body yelling at me.

I am better this a.m. and will be real careful not to overeat today.

Savella can make you nauseas if you have that tendency, any of that? So can hydrocodone.......

Neuropathy is a burning described pain. Neurogenic presents as burn to numb.....or heightened sensitivity (as I just learned with my leg) (MD couldn't numb it for surgery...felt the whole vascular closure in that area...nothing like a learning curve)
He called it hyperalgesia from the cut nerve I had from another surgeon. Yikes!

I see they have you gabapentin....

May I suggest smaller feeds every 3 hours as dieticians like? Maybe it will help. A little less fiber? Maybe something is triggering an immune reaction so try elimination of things to your diet. Any worse after certain foods. Is this always or 45 to 1 hour after meds or meals...? Really watch yourself.

I don't know why I always ask a question when I trying to help figure something out? Cripes.!

We are so interesting as a group, so many different sensations and issues we present with. I hope you get some relief and figure this issue out. All my best, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful