Skip to content
Happy Hump Day before Thanksgiving *****11/21/2012 ***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is the day before Thanksgiving...I guess most of you are probably ready for the big day....so much going on with people everywhere...it is a busy time of the year with this holiday and getting ready for Christmas as well....and then there are the BIG shopping days this week-end also...Black Friday is what it is referred to....supposedly lots of good buys....if you care to get out in the crowds and find them...the stores will be lined up with all kinds of things for people to look at and hopefully purchase...

Years ago I did get out with the crowd and find a few good bargains...but I do not do this now...for me...it is not worth the effort...and I do not have the energy to keep up...I am glad that I no longer have little children at home to buy for...I have my grandbabies but I have done their shopping this year...so I do not have to worry about trying to find gifts for them...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better..it does take time and effort to find what will work for you...and it will probably be a combination of *tools and tips* that will work...

Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is so very important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well....and this is a very cheap fix...I know though that it took a very long time for me to get my level back up to within the *normal range*...

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more this holiday season...stay safe also....beware of your surroundings and try to stay in a well lit area especially at night...if you plan to shop...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and the company of family and friends...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning, popped on to check someone....Happy Hump day all.

Hope you are all prepared for tomorrow. I know the turkeys run away during the hunting season (they are so smart). BUT there are thousands caught for this holiday .

Please enjoy the family atmosphere and the distraction from our woes. Life can be there for us.....make a little room.

I am having some difficulty from the shots of Monday. Bled into the neck and it is irritating the right arm.....(Don' t need this)
Feeling panicked over traveling friday and airport/luggage sitting so long......also the selfish trip to see my Sister and Brother is setting my pacing back SO SO SO much. I am overwhelmed.

I know it will all get done in the end.....you all know (most) of how big Christmas is here and to not have the pace time I need is getting to me.

OK. Watch the parade on TV and smell the aroma of the season in the house (even if you are not cooking...go buy a frozen pie and stick it in the oven for the fragrance! Then bring it with you....

Blessing to all.may this be the BEST THANKSGIVING for you, that you can count on fingers and TOES this years how many things you are grateful for!

Hugs, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse replied to booch007's response:
Good middle of the week Nancy and all who follow. This will be short today as DD and family have done much better on the road traveling here than they expected. They will be here tonight, well up at my youngest daughter's home. So DH and I are going to do our Thanksgiving dinner tonight and then have dinner with the whole family tomorrow at a nice restaurant. This makes me very happy. It's been way too long between family get togethers. File this under stressful but grateful.

Today will be nice and warm, sunny too. Thanksgiving will be the same. An eye candy Fall day. So nice to have nice sunny days for the Thanksgiving holidays. Being from California I was used to holidays that were warm and sunny. Seasons were a shock to me, so having a California Thanksgiving is a gift to be grateful for, and I AM.

I have only an errand or two to run today so I get to enjoy the lovely day out there and then it's inside and cook. I was smart, I think, to have defrosted the turkey, one night earlier than I thought I'd need it, last night, and then put it back in the fridge. It is perfect now and will easy to get ready for the oven. It's a small bird so if I get it going by noon it will be done by 430, our normal dinner time. I also saved time out of my today last night cause I pre cooked the pumpkin pie and mac and cheese. Will do the bread after to bird goes in and the rolls before the meal sets out. The sweet potato casserole, cranberries, stuffing, mashed potatoes/ gravy will be an easy to do and done by the time DH gets home.

Nancy, I know how you feel: overwhelmed. I so know those feelings cause I know air travel is rough these days. I travel as light as I can, take as little as I can, eat at one of the airport fast food places, take some food on with me and have lots of books in my pad to read. I read Life of Pi on one trip out of Nashville and one trip I read The Hunger Games on the way back. Nice way to kill off, no pun intended, 4 hours of air time.
I myself love to fly but hate the down time/ hurry up and wait / before flights. But it will be just fine, it'll all be worth the hassle when you are too with loved one over the holidays.

Okay, getting get my day moving along. Here's wishing each of you a wonder tomorrow. And know that I am so grateful to have this wonderful Fibro FMily to come visit each day. Blessings to each of you.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.
Gentle Hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. My morning started a little stressful so I am getting some more hound therapy. Mable is a big cuddler. The DW is upset that I have not been helping as much lately, I have struggled a bit just to work the last couple weeks. When I get home there is vaccuming, homework, laundtry and dinner to do. I do what I can. I didn't tell her I struggled getting two cases of soda from the cart to the car at the store last night. My elbows still trouble me as well as my left wrist, shoulder, back, and knees. It's time to go back to the Dr.

Aside from my own issues, life is good. My boys are doing well in school. My yougest is having a lot of homework due to focus issues, but he is a great grade wise.

Today I have some chores to do and we are trying to win a radio contest where you guess a secret sound. I think my wife has nailed the guess and we are trying like crazy all day to call in. The prize is $4,135. It would make for a nice holiday!

Take care and enjoy the day. It is going to be nice and warm here .

Cory

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Short post this morning---the "monthly visitor" came roaring in with a vengeance, and my body is in total revolt. Migraine, cramps, flaring, the works. I am SO glad it isn't Thanksgiving yet, because now I'll feel better tomorrow!

I was out late last night...we had our Ecumenical Thanksgiving service at one of our sister churches in a neighboring town. Our choir joined theirs, and we sang something like 13 songs total. I was squished into a narrow pew with three wide women and I couldn't move. I had to hold all the music on my lap. But it was a good service. I got home sometime after 9 and went straight to bed. I took my last Percocet because my ankle was howling bloody murder.

Today---UGH. Let's just say I'm glad I don't look like how I feel. That would be truly scary, lol. I have to drag myself to PT this morning; after that I think I'll hide under my pillow. Hope everyone has a good day!

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Happy Day Before Turkeyday!!! Dejavou... I said this once before but ended up talking to those in cyberspace... lol... another words I lost it lol...

I was just rambling again... Same-Old_Stuff {putting it nicely} Just another day in the life of Jan... LOL... I was going to post a message with my Parkinson's mistakes in it... But it went off into cyberspace I think... I have hit refresh 10 time on the post times and it didn't show up... It was kinda cute and actually decipherable lol... usually go back thru it a couple of times for even the 2 spell checks I have are out smarted by it at times lol... But I took my meds and I am not a bad as I was then... It is nothing I can fake... lol... So I will wait till next time lol... I am still shakey and a little jerky but I was funner and funnier when it was worse when I first got up... lol...

Yes... It has gotten worse lately again... And I have to be a comic about it... Just like with my pain... "I have just gotten off a wet slippery horse and ridden him very hard and fast"... lol... Now that's a good reason for hardly walking and if you are able to walk walking extremely funny... With great difficulty... lol... and slower then a turtle caught up in molasses... lol...

All punning aside... I need a new keyboard... It is jumping to a magical letter and I keep forgetting not to touch it... It i on auto send when it come to thee things and I can't seem to send it off lol... If I accidentally touch it I am off into space... Or someone in my email list gets a weird email lol... usually my son... so it hasn't been detrimental to my health yet lol...

Kids have one more day of school here... My grandchildren in NM have been out of school all this week... But we just had a fall break and were off for a week for nothing lol...makes no sense... they allow no traveling time now for Thanksgiving... and waist a week for nothing... lol... making sense out of it.... I gave up on that a long time ago...

I am not really looking forward to Thanksgiving... My X-daughter-in-law is coming over with her 2 kids... They are disorderly... is that a good way to say brats... oops I wasn't suppose to say that... I literally have to lock my bedroom door or they won't stay out and they torment my parakeet... And drag his cage to the floor... She hardly keeps tabs on them...

I pend a lot of time in my room with her around... The stress kills me... Makes me hurt and makes my Parkinsons go ballistic... I will stay with my son until my Cowboy's game i on then go to my room and lock the door.. I hate doing that for my grandchildren shouldn't have to deal with a locked door... But I can't secure the birdcage and I can't move fast enough to save my babe... Snowwhite is her name...

Oh well... I need rest anyway... And if I am till having trouble breathing at all I promised my son to go to the ER after my game... I will probably have reason after all the screaming lol...

Do you know what my grandson told me last night... I was trying to hook my laptop up to my TV so I could watch Netflix... I just had it hooked up thru my surround system the day before and disconnected it to use it so ready to connect it again... I was... probably no need to tell you... "talking" to the TV and surround sound... After sitting there shaking his head for quite a while, actually shaking his head no, he finally looked at me and said... "Nany... TVs don't TALK... Why must you talk and yell at them???" I came up with a quick one... "You have to be a special nany and then they whispr to you so no one else can hear........." Dead silence... Then... With a great big smile he said... "Yes Nany... You would be that special nany... You would hear things talk... " How sweet huh... And he walked off to let me have my conversation with my TV and surround sound lol... Happy Thanksgiving...
Time run out...

bye... love Jan/Dakota

katmandulou responded:
Hello on Turkey-Day Eve!

I'm going to make this short and entertaining-

Life's ok, but that ain't all
You have to walk before you fall.

I'm grateful for the bird and such
The one's who are gone I miss so much.

I'm happy for my family,
Whether we mourn or are filled with glee.

My friends are great, I'll tell you this -
When we're apart, I do so miss.

We're in this place - a common bond -
We dip our toes in the FM pond.

We help each other through good and bad,
Celebrations or when we're sad.

I wish you blessings, great and small,
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Nice ****

Thanks for sharing...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

fibroinsd responded:
Nice to read all your notes today...

DH is off volunteering at the church thrift shop today..and did so yesterday..he does that a lot right now..

My sister and her bf are on their way down, but they heard there was a traffic problem on the road they should have taken, so got a late start and went the long way...I hope they aren't too tired by the time they get here..

We will be eating out tomorrow..it seems so strange not to be running around like crazy...DH is going to fix a turkey dinner on Sunday...

I am missing my DS, who is having some problems these days...I am very concerned about him...wish he was coming down...but not a good time right now..

I am sure tomorrow will be a nice day..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dakotaspirit1957 replied to katmandulou's response:
Dearest Lou... SWEET... Thanks for sharing yourself...
Love... Jan/Dakota

dakotaspirit1957 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Nice to see you cece... I haven't been on much when you have been I guess... Or my memory fails me... You hou were one of the first ones to reach out to me... and I jut wanted you to know I am very thankful for you and all of them that reached out to me back then... You saved my life... Bless you All... I hope whatever is up with your son is taken care of soon and you all recieve the peace, love, and joy of the season...

Love... Jan/Dakota Angeldakota

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Happy Thanksgiving one and all!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

mnjeepguy replied to katmandulou's response:
Sweet.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.