Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Black Friday *****11/23/2012 *** Big shopping day for some***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....here is hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day....with lots of good food and fellowship as well....it was quiet at MiMi's....just my older son was here with Harley....and I am now dog sitting her as well...my son decided since he was returning today that he would just leave her with me....he gets up so early anyway...and Harley likes to sleep in...I do not wake her up...so she gets to sleep as long as she wants...I have her cage always set up just in case she stays...
she is a good girl anyway...

So...did anyone actually get out and go shopping yesterday? Last night on my last run to put the dogs to sleep....my DH filled up with gas in his truck....$3.14 a gal...OMG...have not seen gas this low in a long time...so that is the only stop we made....

Today the news is *black Friday shopping*....I can hardly believe that a lot of people have been out all night shopping....and the stores are expecting big crowds today as well...perhaps it will be worth it to some people to get out but as for me....I do not like *crowds* to begin with and so I will just pass....I don't have the energy to shop like I use to anyway...I use to like to just go and *window shop* as it use to be called...where I would just go and review what was in the stores...no planning on buying but just looking...no more of this for me though...when I go...I have a very short list...for the most part and there is not a lot of just looking at anything...my how the wrath of the dragon has changed my life...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find a good combination of things that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process....to figure out what is best for you...so hang in there and know that there are no quick fixes...this is a process and it does take time and effort...

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is very important for a lot of people these days...
low Vitamin D can cause some additional pain for some of us....I know if sure did for me..and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Stay safe...and enjoy your day....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good morning, Mimi!
Husband is off taking his special needs student Xmas shopping and then to lunch, so I've got the house to myself this morning. If I do any shopping at all today it will be for a few groceries. The only other thing on my agenda is making a few more hats---the craft fair is tomorrow.

I had a good Thanksgiving...Husband and I left our place early to deliver meals. We were given our own meal to take home (a 14-lb turkey and all the fixings for 4!), but we were on our way to mom's for our own dinner; so we kept it hot in the van. Then when we got home Husband divided the meal into two, and we fed our landlord and another tenant. Our landlord hadn't eaten in a week due to being sick; and the other tenant, a Vietnam vet, was celebrating alone with a six-pack of beer and a pizza. We loaded them both up with food and they were surprised and happy. Husband told me later that the beer and the pizza were the only food the tenant had in his apartment. That was really sad. I will have to leave one of our grocery cards in his door.

Our own meal was good...I must have eaten a pound of mom's homemade stuffing! I'm paying today, of course, but it was worth it. I got to spend some time with my 9yo niece and 3yo nephew, and that was fun. Husband and I took them outside to run around the yard after dinner because they were both really restless.

My nephew is the spitting image of my brother, and he has the same stubbornness, so he can be quite the handful. He's lucky he's so cute, lol. He borrowed my cane to play with it; and when I asked him to give it back, he said, "You can have it back when I'm done." and off he went with it. I was laughing too hard to protest because he gave me his best angellic face when he said it. But he is an absolute pit bull when he wants to have his way. I'm glad I'm not the one raising him, as he can wear me out really fast. After a couple of hours I was ready to go home and take a nap.

So---today will be a low-key day. I have hats to make...I supposed I should do the dishes too because I can't see the sink. Maybe I'll wash a few between hats.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning, I am still in awe over the snow. It is very windy and cold after yesterday's 50 plus degrees. I have to bundle up and do some shoveling soon. We have about 3" on the ground and some drifting.

We had a nice breakfast and are waiting for one more try at the secret sound on the radio. Nobody solved it yet.

I hope you all have a great day.

Cory

katmandulou responded:
TGIF! The Christmas Shopping Season has begun!

I didn't hear anything about awful midnight shoppers, so I'm assuming all is well. I got to the store at 7:50am and saw a line of 8-10 people waiting to get in. The first hour was quiet, then there was a surge, then quiet... and I got sent home at 2pm, instead of staying til 3. Everyone was polite and understanding, with one exception. (You can't please some people.) I walked over 3 miles in the store from 8am-2pm - amazing!

I'm working tomorrow afternoon to evening, I hope for the strength. The local Santa Parade is Sunday - I'm helping with that, too.

I wish you all the best Friday - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Well..kind of a late check-in here...not much to say..

Thanksgiving was nice..had a nice dinner out with my parents, my sister, her bf and two of my kids...my middle child stayed in the bay area...

today, DH spent putting up some decorations, and I paid bills and did normal stuff...went to work out a little on the treadmill...

that reminds me Cory...I also have trouble with my knees from working on the treadmill..and I find that if I do it every two days, it isn't as bad...but still don't have a real good solution..

my dad hasn't been feeling too well...he has a problem with low blood pressure..and they can't seem to keep it up..and today I read about a condition that is degenerative that is associated with this...not seeming to be good...so I am worried about that..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy replied to fibroinsd's response:
It's a tough one, the treadmill. I am slim and try to stay that way with some cardio, maybee every other day would help. I have worked on factory cement for 20 years, not good for the body but we have to make a living. Thanks for the advice.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.