Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****11/24/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and we have had some really nice weather for the past couple of days now....but it is COLD today....but I guess this can be expected since it is the end of November...and of course, we all have Christmas to look forward to...Cory said that snow arrived there so perhaps we are getting the cold front from there....I do know though that it is really cold this morning...but at least it is dry for now. I would like to have snow for Christmas...now wouldn't that be a nice touch?

So...here is hoping everyone had a good long week-end...I have been dog sitting so I have been on the go some the past few days....My darling daughter and her family spent their Black Friday at Disney....Alec had a blast...and even rode space mountain-twice....he had problems being in the vehicle for such a long trip....but he sure did enjoy his Fun Day Friday...he will be all *talk* when he returns....telling me what all he did...and I also have a surprise for him when he returns as well...I go him a lighted Snoopy (Christmas) for his porch...I got Noah a Scoobie Doo....I am sure they will enjoy these for many years to come...

I did cross my line yesterday....as I think we FMers sometimes do...but I was able to sleep last night and I am better today...which is a good thing for me....I have really decided that with whatever I try to do, I sometimes do this regardless...and I do try to watch how much time I am out and about...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process to figure out the *right combination of tools and tips* that will work...so hang in there and learn all you can about dealing with the wrath of the dragon....and I am sure that soon you will be *dancing with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon, as Nana B says...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....this is so very important for a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

Here is hoping each of you have a great Saturday....with little or no pain....and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday everyone. I hope your Thanksgiving weekend has gone well so far and that you have little to no fibro issues or pain to deal with. This will be a short post as I have my GS here today and have to get a meal going for him.

Thanksgiving here was wonderful. DH had his turkey dinner Wednesday and then our traditional Mexican/ American meal on Thursday. I brought the sweets and pies. It was just so nice. We had all three daughters together with SIL's and all 6 grand children, 3 boys and 3 girls. It was nice, so much laughter and happiness. It did my heart so much good and I have so much to be thankful for.

It's been sunny, but cold here. It's sunny and 46 or so out there now. ( There will be no more 75 degree days until next spring I'm sure. ) It will be cold again tonight, 25, so am glad that DH and I have been sleeping up stairs where we have the wood burning fireplace in the bedroom. I can live with the turn down in temps now IF the winter stays this mild. I really hate the snowy days and icy roads. I know the eastern coastline is going to begin to get snow soon, but DD, who has been in Hawaii for 6 years is sooooo looking forward to it. She may regret wishing for cold and snow being that close to the coastline.

DH and I have the out door lights and decorations out but not all are connected together yet. Am hoping to get it all done tomorrow when DH is home. I plan to turn on the lights, as is my tradition, December 1ST and not one day sooner.

And I guess I am getting into the holiday mood now because I did bring down all the inside Christmas decorations two days ago. I got most of the things in place, may rearrange some, so the inside of the house looks quite festive. We have a fake tree that we've been using up now but we are not sure if we're going for a real one this year or not. It depends because we are going out of town to Norbert, NC, the day after Christmas to be with my DD and family, so hate to leave a tree, already long dead, in the house.

DH did his Black Friday shopping on his way into work @4 a.m. and came home with some nice bargains. He got some shoes he wanted 4 half off, three pairs of gold/ diamond and crystal earrings, post and hoops for me @ 75% off, two really nice cardigan sweaters for me at 65% off and an XBOX game for the youngest GC that was 75 dollars for only 36 with tax tagged on. So for us it was a good deal day.

I am waiting for Monday when I get my bargins online. It's so sweet when you get the same deep discounts as the big stores but no state sales tax and Free Shipping. SWEET.

Angelswife, hoping today you sell everything at the crafts fair.

Nancy, hope you are feeling better now.

I'll close this here as I need to run an errand before DH gets home. After that we will take GS back to his mom and dad and then get in church service. This weekend I will do 2 church services. One at the church DH and DD like and then tomorrow @ the Catholic church for Latin mass in the afternoon. I grew up with Latin mass so for me it's just like going home. It's very comforting and it's brings back wonderful and happy memories of my family who have long since past.

Gentle hugs to all, have a wonderful today and tomorrow.
Linda R.

mnjeepguy responded:
It's a balmy 18 degrees here at 4pm. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches tonight. It deffinately feels like winter now. We headed to Duluth to do some ligth shopping and there are scattered icey spots all over. People seem to forget to slow down and there were accidents. Be carefull out there.

I am trying something new. I am taking tart cherry juice extract. A serving is 2 tablespoons in a 6-8 oz glass of water a day. It is supposed to help with sleep as well as joint pain. It was $20 for the bottle but is supposed to last a month. I will keep you all posted on any benefits I recieve. Today is day 3.

I am feeling alright today. The snow removal yesteray beat me up but I have a habbit of trying to take care of half the block. I did recover pretty well.

The house smells so good. The DW just put pumpin bread in the oven. Take care everyone and enjoy the evening. Stay warm!

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.