Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****11/25/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC and it is cold this morning...I was up early around 5 and was able to drift back to sleep....and then it was time to get up with the furbabies...I have had back issues this week-end....which is normal for this time of the month...not a fun thing either.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope that today will be a good day for us all. My DD will be back today and I am thankful for this...making several trips a day across the way and climbing stairs each time has not helped the way I feel either..

I bought my grandson a Christmas Snoopy and when I got my DH to put in the lightbulb, it was damaged so we ended up having to go back and switch the part out for one which would work...the piece was screwed on so there was no way anyone could have seen it without taking it off first..it is cute though when turned on. I am sure he will enjoy it. I was going to put it on the porch but DH told me to just put it in house for now. As sometimes things have a way to *walk off*...we had 2 Christmas wreaths one year to just *disappear*...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check this when you have your check up each year....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Christmastime is here and soon there will be all sorts of bright lights and sounds to go with it....it is starting to look a lot like Christmas in my area...so many people turn on the lights at Thanksgiving...We have not put up our tree yet...but DH did get it out of storage building yesterday.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great Sunday .....enjoy the sunshine if you have some and can...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

lb707 responded:
Good morning,

Just had my coffee.....just trying to figure out what to do about breakfast....lazy wish I had a cook.....would just go out but too lazy to get dressed!

I have had so much trouble sleeping and my meds are limited due to side effects. I remembered that my Dr. had suggested just trying the gabapentin at night. Wow it is working, only problem is I have been sleeping til 7:00-7:30 and then a little lazy. I have worked up from just 100 mil to 200mil...it has only been a week so who knows. It feels so good to lay down and know I will sleep, so I keep it keeps working.

A little foggy and chilly here in the NW but we seem to a little sun each day.

laurab

Chells replied to lb707's response:
hello, how did you find out that you had fibromyalgia? My foot doctor stated to me the other day that I might have this, only because he did surgery on both of my ankles for tarsal tunnel syndrome and I am still having so much pain in my left ankle.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday everyone. I'm coming in late and making this short as DH is home and not feeling well this a.m. I had heard the flu is making the rounds and I think DH being around so many people this past week picked up the bug, lets just hope I don't get it.. like I need one more medical thing to deal with in my life.

I have my ENT appointment, follow up on the infections tomorrow afternoon. Almost thinking I could pass on it cause I am feeling so much better. The ear, throat and eyes are much improved. I'll see how I feel in the a.m. and if I feel even better I'll call the appointment off. The antibiotics are working their magic and the Gabapentin is also helping keep the fibro muscle pain and burning away. Also the food allergies are backing off, got them from the Thanksgiving food mistakes I made / ate this past week. Am also making sure I get my 4000 units of Vit D3 each day to keep the deep bone pain away. The balance however is still off and the fibro fog could be less and make me happy. BUT I am feeling better than most Novembers so as of today I can't complain much.

It's warming up here but will be cold again tonight, 22. Going to be doing this up and back down all week, warm in the day time and cold at night. I hate this up and down, but gotta say it's pretty as all get out here. Sunny with clear skies.. so pretty these Fall days but so telling on what's coming in the weeks to come. Cold then colder

Well I got GS back to his mom and dad with few minutes to spare yesterday. Took him to the church for afternoon services and was just a bit too late to get him into his class. Oops. But at 10 he enjoys sitting with us so it was as they say " all good. " He's gifted and is 2 years above his age level in school so a lot is expected of him so I make sure I get him here where he can just be a kid as often as I can. He likes to just play his XBOX games while he's here and take it easy. So hanging out with Nana is a good thing for him.I will have him again on the 7Th until the 8Th so that's good as well.

laurab, I know what you mean about the Gabapentin. Fought like the dickens not to take it and then last winter I just had to go back on it and within days I was feeling good. Pain gone, burning gone, but YES running slow and feeling sleepy. I was taking 600 2 XS a day I've cut back to 300 at night only and it is working well for me.

Chells, I know you didn't ask me the question about how I found out I had fibro, but like so many here I went a long time, saw more than one doctor and finally figured out what I had by doing research and then told the doctor to check me for fibro. He did the pressure point test and said yea you have it. I have been retested 3 times more over 30 years by three different Rheumys from: Kaiser, Vanderbilt and MRH. So for me I know for sure sure that I do have fibro. Back then there was nothing to help with the symptoms, few doctors who believed in it and fewer still who treated me for. Now I have every doctor on board with me and I'm feeling good about all the support and understanding.

Okay, need to close running out of characters.
Gentle hugs to all.. Have a great day.
Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. We recieved about 2-3" of new snow last night. It wasn't enough to drag out the snowblower so I shoveld all 3 houses out. I do my own, one of my neighbors who has 5 cars, and one other older lady with fibro next to him. It took me 2 hours and did me in good. I like to help them, and they do pay me for it, but I usually get my butt kicked by it.

It is my last day off. The mill is down so I have no idea what I will be working on. They were supposed to plan ahead for this but my bosses are very disorganinzed and were noot prepared. I will have to be ready to work inside or out in 20 dgrees. It should be an interresting week.

I hope you all have a good day. Take care everyone.

Cory

lb707 replied to Chells's response:
Chells interesting question....when I was officially DX by a rheumy I was already going to a podiatrist who informed me He had a lot of fibro patients with feet problems.

A couple of Dr. and PT already assumed I had fibro before DX, we just put off the official DX for a few years, when they wanted it official they sent me to a rheumatologist.

lalab

not sure of the spelling here just realized after re configuring some things on computer not spell check!!!!! I need it with fibro fog.

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
A short, late post---I'm on my way to bed. I'm fighting an infected tooth and the infection went into my ear, so I'm not feeling too great. I don't have a fever, but the earache is fierce, my jaw hurts, and I've got a really tender spot in my mouth. I feel sick all over. I was really dragging my tail today!

The tooth broke apart last week. (It had a root canal 18 years ago). The cracks went below the gumline and I can feel the broken pieces shifting in the socket when I chew just right. That's probably what started the infection, unless it was already there and I didn't know it. I'll be calling the dentist tomorrow for antibiotics and an appointment. Once the infection is gone, the rest of the tooth will probably have to be pulled. Not something to look forward to because I really hate going to the dentist! I will have to use my hat money for the appointment, and I'd planned to use it for groceries.

Aside from feeling crappy, I've had a good weekend. I had the craft fair yesterday, and the local newspaper took a photo of me selling my hats. I am trying to find a link for it. When I find it I'll post it here for everyone to see. Now I'm heading for bed!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.