Skip to content
laurarow posted:
Hi, my name is Laura and i was diagnosed with FM 8 years ago. I often struggle with the sever pain. It started with my back when i was 16 years old. The doctors weren't to sure what it was. I struggle in the afternoon. But often have good energy to get stuff done at work in the early morning. Concentrating is hard sometimes. I often forget stuff if i don't write it down. I don't like to take medications. so i only take anti- inflamitories. I a still trying to figure out what makes it worse. I don't have insurance and haven't had it in over 2 years. So i don't have a doctor i can turn to. Every doctor i have been to in alabama told me they know nothing about Fibro. So i am unsure where to go from here

lb707 responded:
Sorry to hear you are struggling. There are ways to deal with it using supplements, if you watch for Mimi's post she has a lot of good ideas.

Finding a good Dr. and without ins. must be very hard. Do you have any clinic's that work on a sliding scale? You can do your research on meds and educate yourself and then go in with some suggestions. Yes we often have to educate the Dr. who treat us.

Keep reading here as you will find many good ideas.

laurab

laurarow replied to lb707's response:
I have been to the clinic out here and they always say I can't help you with that or they just don't want to. I work a full time job and still can't afford insurance through the company. Not with supporting a family. I just need to get a handle on this before it starts to get any worse. I stopped taking the anti inflamatories for a few day due to problems with my intestines and stomach. yesterday and today have been unbearable. I can't even hug my kids and I had to miss work due to the sever amount of pain and vomiting. But my boss doesn't understand at all.

dollbug responded:
Hello Laura.....and welcome.....I am sorry that you are dealing with so much...MiMi in NC....I am one of the FMers here...who has learned how to *control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements*....it took me a long time before I figured out just what would work for me...and as you probably already know, we are all different and what works for some may or may not work for you...you have to decide...

I take the following though....Fibro Response or Magnesium Malate (found at vitamin store) (either one, not both at same time or you can alternate them)...Omegas, Super B Complex, Calcium...and a good multi vitamin with extra D...are the ones which help my FM pain the most...I also use a heating pad as needed and Stopain Spray (found at walmart) when needed....I try to stay on a schedule of sorts with eating and taking my vitamins and supplements and also going to sleep and getting up around the same time of day/night...sleep is so very important for us FMers...I also drink plenty of water each day...(this is actually all I drink)...do gentle stretches and or gentle exercises...(gentle being the important word here)...learn how to pace, pace and pace even more...you do not say what kind of job you have but it is important not to push yourself or overdo things...(you will pay for it when you do every time)...

What makes it worse????? Well, I have tried many times to figure this out....there are no answers for this that I have discovered...FM is a very mean and ulgy illness to deal with...and one never knows what to expect when....let us know IF you figure it out...

I hope this helps you....you have to do a trial and error process to see what might help you cope better...I am sure you will soon learn some good things to do...

I hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

xperky replied to laurarow's response:
Hi Laura,

I am concerned that you are vomiting so much. Is there any red blood mixed in there? Or, is there black stuff that looks like coffee grounds? If so, I would see a clinic or ER asap!

NSAIDs can cause stomach bleeding. I take otc Prilosec daily to help protect my stomach. Having a snack or milk when you take the NSAID can also help. I think you are correct in not taking them while you feel sick to your stomach.

Take care of yourself. I hope your boss can understand about severe pain and vomiting! Sometimes it's easier to explain simple symptoms to others, rather than the whole FM thing.
With Compassion,
Margaret

laurarow replied to dollbug's response:
I am in training to be a retail store manager. I often have to remind myself to slow down. I have been pushing myself to much over the past few weeks. It must be taking a tole on my body. I started taking tylenol once a day and it seems to help. I just wish some people would understand what we go through everyday. I wonder if anyone else has problems with numbness. I can't use any type of muscle creams due to the fact that my nerves does nuts and feels really weird. Since the sever pain started a few days ago. I have tried to take a hot bath but it felt luke warm.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.