Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday.....Cyber Monday ****11/26/2012 ***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is cold this morning...I have been up for a while....actually not sure why I woke up so early this morning...tried to go back to sleep but finally gave up and got up...last week was a busy week and I think I might have overdid it...I was really tired last night...but I hope today will be a better day as I can take it easy again.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest..and I hope everyone will have a good week...

They say today will be a busy cyber Monday...with lots of people on the computer and buying things for the holiday...they also say there will be some great buys...I do not shop the internet...I have only purchased a couple of books...DH does some shopping on it. I prefer to see what I am getting.

So...it seems like the school has finally decided to provide some info on my granddaughter to my son...after a year of trying to get it...he had given up and told me that I could do whatever I wanted to do...and so I decided to send another email...and this time it was not exactly a good one. Well, I guess it was forwarded to someone else who decided to take a good look at what was going on. Then the request was forwarded over to the school attorney for review...the school has *provisions* for *family issues such as this* BUT it seems like someone, among those who actually got a copy of the first request over a year ago, decided not to go by the *school provisions*....I am not quite sure who will get blamed for this but they continued to ignore the request for well over a year.

My son finally got over 200 pages of school records which he has been entitled to all along...my granddaughter's school enrollment had a n/a in the place of listing my son's name as father, but there was also a copy of the birth certificate in her file as well. Funny how things just kind of happen. So now we do know which school she attends. There is still *another catch* to this situation though as the *school attorney* states that my son can NOT visit his daughter without the consent of the ex...so just another obstacle to overcome. But at least we are now making *progress*....(baby steps)..

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. In moving forward with trying to figure out what will work for you remember that everything is a process...which does take time and effort to figure out. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for another...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor about checking your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and according to the medical research low Vitamin D can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Happy Cyber Monday Shopping....hope you find some good deals today.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
The only spending I'll be doing today is at the dentist's office, lol. I had a root canal tooth break apart on me last week and now it's infected. Since the tooth is already dead it doesn't hurt, but everything else is quite lively---sore mouth, jaw and ear. I also have zero energy and am sitting here trying to stay awake.

The one good thing is, the dentist is right next door so I can walk over whenever she wants me. That makes things a little easier. Once the infection has been cleared, the tooth will have to come out, though. There is not much left of it anyway, and it's broken below the gumline on one side. I can feel the broken pieces shifting in the socket if I chew just right, and that's not pleasant. I don't like dentists at all but I'll be glad to get rid of this tooth!

I came across an awesome scarf pattern last night called a "scarf within a scarf". The scarf is crocheted in an open pattern called the butterfly stitch; then some fancy material is woven through the spaces. It's versatile because you can take the material out and put another color in if you want to change the look. I am definitely going to have fun with this.

Aside from that, it's been fairly quiet here. The landlord is off of all his meds because the state took away his insurance, and he is really on edge. He's been trying to get us to take over paying the electric bill so he can get his insurance back. I said no way are we getting involved in that mess. We have our hands full enough trying to keep up with the rent; and he's in trouble with the electric company for not having the place properly wired. He will have to work this out on his own.

Fortunately, we only have to deal with him for another week, and then he'll be gone for the winter. I always breathe easier when he goes. He is planning to go to Cuba to marry his long time lady friend and bring her to the US. That should keep him busy for most of the winter.

Not much is on the agenda for the day, besides the dentist. I may do a little shopping later if I feel up to it. I also need to find out where the new leak is coming from. Our bathroom floor suddenly has a big puddle on it.

angelswife replied to angelswife's response:
Ha...I guess no shopping today! I talked to my dentist and she said the tooth needs to come out IMMEDIATELY. She has referred me to an oral surgeon. I left a message and am waiting for a call back. I figured the tooth would have to go but I didn't think it would happen so fast!

Oh well...guess I'll crochet while I wait. I am a bundle of nerves right now. I REALLY don't like going to the dentist!

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
angelswife, I know you will feel better so much more quickly getting the root out today. So better it comes out now and the infection begins to clear without the root being inHugs, Linda R

lb707 replied to angelswife's response:
angelswife,

Just went through the same thing,,,,I did not want to lose that tooth but with and abscess not choice. Fortunately they put me out.

lalab

rudyandirmouse responded:
Happy Cyb-er Monday everyone. I do hope that you are all feeling well today, no fibro pain or issues to deal with and have had a wonderful weekend and are now up and ready for the Christmas holidays.

MiMi, sorry you were up so early. I got up so early yesterday, around 2 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. So I do understand.

I have no plans to shop on line today. Cyb-er fun day Monday will have to be for others. There is nothing I need to buy. DH got good deals on the things I had wanted from the box stores on Black Friday. I do plan, down the road a month or so, to get a new lap top and a new iPhone, I have no need for either one right now. Looking at it as money saved.

It is cold here and over cast. A dreary day all the way around. So depressing. Over cast, cold and dreary, rain or snow ice and winds. My warm sunny days are gone and I am guessing that around here we are in this pattern for the next 3 months.

I had to go out early in the cold to the Lowes store near us to get an email sent off to the store where DH works because their store phone was not working I could call them to let them know would not be in to work today. Poor DH, he is upstairs sick with the flu. He got sick yesterday while getting the lights out. Although I'm on it and taking good care of him, he's not feeling well at all. They say this thing is a 48 hour bug but how did it get him, he got his flu shot weeks and weeks ago. So anyway, I had to let the store know he's not coming in to work today. DH got it from our GD on Thanksgiving. My cousin has it and my niece has it. Fingers crossed I don't get it.

Not a lot to talk about today. Plan to do some ready, Thomas Jefferson: The Art Of Power, while DH is resting. It's an easy read, much nicer for an Historian than Goodwin's LINCOLN: A Team of Rivals. While to movie is a gem, the book is busy with facts and such so it a busy read, this new one on Jefferson is a dream to read. So looks to be restful and easy reading day for me.

We had a great Thanksgiving and long weekend. When I looked over this past year I found I am, and have been, so blessed. I have so much to be thankful for and have so much to be grateful for. I have had all that I need to be happy and no unhappy things to make my life hard. Very blessed indeed. I need to remember this on those days when it gets hard to feel good.

We got the lights connected outside yesterday and we turned them on last night and gosh they look so nice. And I finally got all the Christmas things arranged inside the house... so am happy and ready for the holidays. Not ready however to start thinking about make the tamales tho. Wish so much there were stores here ( Mexican ) that sold the things I need already assembled, but no. I have to go from scratch to finished and that just takes up the day with cooking and cleaning up. UGH. I am thinking the weekend of the 15TH as DH is off and can help me. But not looking forward to doing them tho.

Am really looking forward to our visit on the 26TH of December with out DD and family in Hubert, NC. Plan to spend some time near the beach and if the weather is good also plan to drive up the coastline to Jamestown, Virginia, I plan to visit and make the visit there a History lesson for the grandchildren. ( My father's family has a Jamestown connection so it might make the things they see and learn there more personal.) I think if it's good weather we will be in NC and Virginia for 4 days maybe 5 and then head home in time for New Years. Gosh it sounds like time is just flying by.

Speaking of that, I outta characters...

I'll close this here, let me send feel better wishes to angeleswife. I know you don't look forward to the tooth being taken out, but the pain you will stop having will be worth it.

Okay, wishing each of you a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

katmandulou responded:
Happy Cyber-Monday!

IT'S COLD here in southeastern Mass., is the 40s and not much higher today. They're saying that four-letter "S" word for tomorrow - snow, that is.
I did the publicity for a local church's Christmas Fair, and the fair was Saturday. All I can say is - magnificent! The lower church had all the usual stuff - raffles, silent auctions, 50/50 raffle, all kinds of stuff for sale, from books to food to holiday greenery. The upstairs church has beautifully decorated trees being raffled or auctioned. With all the lights on it was truly awe-inspiring.
Sunday was the downtown association's Santa Parade. It was lead by the grand marshall riding on the Wells Fargo wagon, drawn by a team of four horses. Such beautiful animals, very tame and they loved people who came up and p>touched them. Their drivers/ caretakers truly care for these creatures, you could just tell. I have a ton of pics, and I was walking with our state rep who was collecting non-perishable food for the town's food pantry. I'm starting to get all the feeling back in my right hand. LOL
Mimi, and progress is good progress, and I pray that your son and granddaughter will finally be able to be in each others' lives. I think the school should show why he cannot visit - does the ex have a restraining order/ Other than that, there is no good reason, IMHO!
Angelswife, I hope your tooth is better by the end of the day. I'm glad the dentist has a sense of urgency and want to get it out sooner than later. The scarf sounds interesting, I may look for the pattern for my sister. I got the knitting gene, she got the crocheting gene. LOL
Linda, I'm sorry your DH is home with the flu. I got a cold a couple of weeks ago, and my DH is coughing now. I have to get a flu shot, but timing is working against me. I want to put lights in our front porch, but it's too darned cold today! LOL
I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

angelswife replied to katmandulou's response:
Thanks Lou---the earliest he can get me in is Wednesday morning. I have a couple of antibiotics left over from the last prescription and I've started taking them. This is one of the few times I'm glad I have pain meds in the house.

Husband is having the landlord in this afternoon to check out the leak. It is in the wall behind the shower stall and the only way to find it is to cut through the wall. I am not looking forward to it because I'll be here by myself when he comes. I would leave, but my van is in the shop today.

By the way...here's a link to the crochet tutorial for that scarf. I hope your sister enjoys it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDpJC5lYRhI&feature=g-all

mnjeepguy responded:
I made it through the Monday funday. I had to work outside all day. It was a brisk 10 degrees this morning and I think it warmed up into the 20's. I had so many layers on it was hard to move, but I stayed warm.

It's day 5 taking tart cherry juice extract. It seems to help some with recovering form activity and is supposed to help with sleep issues. I seem to have vivid dreams where before I never remember them. So far I say it's something good for sure.

So much going on here it's hard to reply to all, but thinking of you all tonight, sleep well.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, sorry you came down with a cold and that your DH is dealing with one. I hate Fall's first cold and summer's 1ST cold. Both take me down and seems I fight to get rid of um.

DH and I both got the flu shot in October and yet we got the flu this week. Am guessing different stain maybe or this flu is not as bad because of the shot. I have been getting flu shots since 1985 @ my father's suggestion. Honestly I can't say that I've had a bad flu since starting on them.

Hope you get warmer temps so you can put your lights up. I remember one year here it was 19 degrees, ice all over the bushes and trees, it was over cast and ugly and yet there DH and I were putting out the lights. Now I tell DH we're doing um only if and when it's 65 degrees out there or I'm not going out there to help. It was 60 something Thursday and an eye candy beautiful late Fall day to deck the outside with cheerie holiday lights.

DH is home again today. The flu is a 48 hour one and DH isn't used to being sick, so double the discomfort. I have been giving him TLC: soup(s), OJ, juices, popsicles, breads, 7 UP, yesterday he had chili as well. This flu gets into your head and just makes your head feel like it's full of water. So it's hard for him to sit up and eat, but today I hope to make a more normal breakfast for him and then lunch. I am sure he will be back to feeling well today, but it's always slow going with him since he never gets sick, but when he does it's bad.

Okay, sending air hugs your way.. Gentle hugs too, Linda R.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.