Skip to content
Mimi- vit d article
fibroinsd posted:
Mimi..saw this on the UCSD website, and thought you would enjoy reading it..

http://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pages/2012-11-15-vitamin-D-and-type-1-diabetes-link.aspx
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug responded:
Hello Cece....and thanks so much for sharing this....interesting article....I continue to see different things which are being linked to low Vitamin D....I find it interesting that it states 4000 iu is needed per day to keep the levels where it needs to be....which I am assuming within the *normal range*....whatever this might be....I personally think that the normal range is too far apart....and I am still not quite sure that anyone really knows just how important Vitamin D is or might be...I think perhaps this is just like anything else with all people....it just depends upon the person and what their chemical make up is...and I also think this also varies with age of people....(being probably only one of many factors involved)....

I had also read recently that the medical research has also linked the low Vitamin D to breast cancer as well...I am interested in this since both diabetes and b cancer runs in my family...

By the way....I have missed see you post here....I do hope you are doing ok. There are days when I do not have a lot to share but I try to make sure that I come here every day....I make it a point to do so...just because I need the contact with other people....it does my mind good.

Take care and post when you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

fibroinsd replied to dollbug's response:
yes..Mimi...I thought the 4000 units of D was interesting too..I usually see people say not to take that much..so it was interesting to see a medical article say to do so..

Sorry I don't type much right now..things are just so stressful and busy..I try to read and check in when I can..

I was looking for a doctor that specializes in low blood pressure for my dad..and found a condition called multiple symptom atrophy.. and it has so much of dad's problems..and it has no cure nor any treatment really..but sounds so much like him...so I am trying to get him into a doctor that deals with this..

Mom is not doing well..didn't realize it was thanksgiving..she tries to hide it..and pretend she is fine..makes it worse, I think..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

lb707 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Beside all the other stresses when you add parent issues it is rally hard. I am sorry my Father is gone, but dealing with Mom is so stressful I am not sure how you do it.

Mom's memory is fading fast and as it does she only wants me to do more. She does not want anyone else to help her out. The only good thing is we have a caregiver who cleans for her once a month and has agreed to take her on as regular client if needed on part time basis. Mom likes her so that is good.

Understanding thoughts coming your way.

laurab

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.