Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****11/27/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is too early for me to be up....I woke up around 5 and could not drift back off to sleep....woke up with my lower back hurting and laid there on heating pad for a bit hoping to fall back to sleep....it did not work...so I finally decided to just get up...I do not like waking up so very early since I start the day with being tired.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. At least it is dry here...cold right now but dry. DH came home and got up leaves yesterday... we have no trees but to look at our yard you would not think this...I think we get all of the neighbor's leaves...I hope that they are picked up before it rains...as there are in the ditch...(required to put them in the front close to the road)..

This month is nearing a close soon....it is hard to believe that Christmas is now less than a month away. The time really flies by when the holiday season begins. Perhaps it is because people have so much to do. I have no idea.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...it does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools which will help you cope better. There are lots of good ideas here though so be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page. You should also remember what works for one may or may not work for you. So hang in there and learn all you can about FM...

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...Cece provided another good article about Vitamin D....be sure and read this...it has some good information....the medical researchers continue to do research on Vitamin D and just how it affects other illnesses as well...

I have my quality time with Noah today...so I am looking forward to this.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Tuesday in Nov.

Have a good one.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good last Tuesday of November MiMi and everyone. I hope your day will be fibro issue and pain free and that you are able to do this day your way.

MiMi, sorry you got up so early. I know you don't like to be up any sooner than you want to. And I hope your back begins to feel better. I had thought your team of doctors would have nailed down the reason for the back pain and addressed it with treatment or meds. I hope this back pain eases today and that your feel better.

I woke up way to early, 4 a.m., as well. I felt a pop in my lower back while sleeping and then the pain started. Either I took a disc out or it popped back in. I have back pain because of scoliosis and degenerative disc disorder. So I do understand back pain and how you are feeling. Will call my chiropractor at nine to get in and see what's what with this back of mine.

DH is still home, 2ND day off of work. Not like him at all. But he really is feeling unwell. Not a very nice bug this one, this bug gets into one's head making it hard to raise up your head. This sets the tummy off and makes you just so dizzy. DH had hoped to avoid the flu altogether this year by getting the flu shot, so we don't quite get this flu getting him. He got his shot back in October so should have been protected from getting it, or this isn't the same flu. So why take the shots I ask. So far I'm in the clear but knowing my bad luck I'll be down with it too.

It's cold here now, but will be kinda sunny and about 50 something, going to be colder down to 28 at night, but a warm up is coming in a few days, near 70 they say. YES.. I can do December with 70 degree temps really well.

No plans for anything out side the house today, just gonna keep DH company. May finish my book on Jefferson, which is a good read. Really not a lot to share here today, so I guess I will close this off, go take an ADVIL for the back pain and wish each of you a really good day.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Ugh, am I ever tired this morning...my body is fighting this infection and I just don't want to move. I am dreading tomorrow because I really don't like going to the dentist; but I can't wait to get this $%#&! tooth out either. That is a really weird combination.

It's snowing out, but the roads seem to be okay. I need to do some grocery shopping. A friend gave us some grocery cards a week and a half ago, but Husband was refusing to use them, even though we needed groceries. He preferred to hide them away for "later" when we "really" needed them. That his just his way, and I've learned not to argue. I have my ways of getting around it anyhow.

This morning, Husband realized he'd run out of his favorite oatmeal. We were also out of cream and sugar; there were no eggs left; and he was down to his last two waffles. It was amazing how fast those cards came out, coupled with the injunction to "make a list and go shopping RIGHT AWAY". Now that he's run out of what he likes to eat, he's decided it's time for groceries, lol. I've found I can actually shop a little more when I let his stomach decide for him.

I can barely keep my eyes open and I've got that "sick all over" feeling. Think I'd better get my dead a** out the door and do the shopping before my body decides it's time to go back to bed!---I probably won't post until late tomorrow because my appointment is early in the morning. Hope everyone has a good day!

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Linda R: The flue sounds horrible. Getting the shot protects you against this years most common strains, not all. Some just don't get it because they think it makes them sick. I think it's still good insurance.

Mimi, sorry the back is still haunting you. I hope you feeel better.

Angleswife, I also hate the dentist. I do go more often than I used to. I had one tooth that took me like 10 visits to sort out and rediculous money. Good luck with your tomorrow.

Work kicked my rear again today. But two are done. They asked me to keep my weekend open. I hope after this tough week I am not stuck working the weekend too.

I hope you all have a good night, take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
hello all..I am back at work and trying to make phone calls for mom and dad..to make doctor appointments..and deal with financial issues with them..so much to do, and hard to have the energy to do it..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.