Skip to content
New to group
An_249156 posted:
Hi, My name is Mike and I'm new to this group. I've had fibro since 2000. Does the change in the weather effect anyone else?

crystalgreeneyes responded:
Hello Mike. Yes, you will probably find the weather has an effect on how you feel. It generally does for people anyway, I think. You know how if it's constantly raining, we can start to feel a little down. However, those that suffer from fibro. are already very sensitive to weather changes, atmospheric pressure etc. We have had very overcast weather the past few days where I live and my head feels achy, although not quite a headache, and I have some congestion. The cold may bother you more and you may feel the aches and pains increase. A heating pad or hot water bottle helps and warm baths at night will warm you and help you to relax for sleep. I feel better in the summer when it is hot. At least I can get outside to walk and exercise a bit. How are you doing otherwise? Do you take any medication and if so, is it working for you? Good luck with everything. As you know there are many challenges with this condition.

nmonte94 responded:
It most definitely effects everyone unfortunately. It makes your body ache more because of the cold. Curious to what medication you take, does it help you? Because I'm newly diagnosed so I'm curious regarding medications for fibro and I've only been on my medication for I'd say a couple of weeks and so far I'm not feeling so much better except I think the cymbalta is making me nauseous.

dollbug responded:
Hello Mike and welcome.....MiMi in NC....yes...the weather as well as many other *things* can affect how we FMers feel....there are all sorts of good tools though that might also help you cope better...I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to *control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well*...it took me a long time to figure out exactly what my body needed but I finally did and for the most part...I can control the FM pain....the Chronic Fatigue is yet another story and I have nothing to report good on it (yet)....

I do hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...the more you learn about dealing with the wrath of the dragon, the better you will learn how to cope...

I do hope that your doctor has already checked your Vitamin D level....if you haven't...please speak to him/her about this...it is a simple blood test...but most of us have to *ASK* the doctor to run it...low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...(according to the medical researchers)....

So what have you found that helps you Mike? I hope you will share what has worked for you....this is why we are all here to share whatever we can with others who are on the same journey each day as we are.

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

tamsenj responded:
Hi my name is Tami. I live on the coast and it is damp all of the time. Sinus's and my ears get me the most with a lot of sinus headaches not to mention the rain and gray skies. Dry heat and Vitamin D help some.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.