Skip to content
Checking In
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
How was your Thanksgiving?

Did you take advantage of any of the after-Thanksgiving sales - online or otherwise?

How are you doing/feeling?

With the holidays upon us, what are your concerns when it comes to managing your pain and fatigue?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

angelswife responded:
Hi Caprice,
Husband and I delivered meals on Thanksgiving morning; then we went to dinner at mom's; then we divided our evening dinner between our landlord and a tenant. It was a good, relaxing day.

I didn't hit any sales, although I was tempted to. There were some good yarn sales out there! I sold my own hats at a craft fair Saturday instead, and got some money from that.

At the moment, unfortunately, I'm not doing well. A tooth broke apart the day before Thanksgiving (it had a root canal 18 years ago) and it got infected. The infection is in the bone and it's spread to my ear. I have been feeling progressively yuckier these past few days. It goes without saying it's kicked off a flare! I've been running a fever since yesterday and I'm feeling miserable and cranky. I am looking forward to getting it pulled tomorrow even though I dread going to the dentist!

My biggest concern is keeping somewhat of a routine during the holiday season. It's usually a busy time and this year will be even busier, because I'm running the new church gift shop and singing in two choirs. It's hard to pace myself during the holidays!

My other concern is staying healthy, especially since I'll be out in public so much. I've been sicker than usual these last few months; and having this infection so soon after the strep has really knocked my immune system for a loop. My SIL, God bless her, doesn't believe in staying home when she and the kids are sick; and she and my niece both had colds when they came to Thanksgiving dinner. I was lucky enough to escape that, but Husband has been hacking ever since. I am trying to stay out of his way, lol. I don't need any more germs!

Please forgive the complaining---I really am feeling lousy right now. I promise I'll be perkier after this tooth gets yanked!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to angelswife's response:
It sounds like you had a really nice Thanksgiving. I'm sorry to hear about that infection and hope any treatment helps to ease things for you soon! Yikes.

Well done on selling your hats and I hope any further illness stays away and that flare goes right away.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

fibroinsd responded:
had a nice dinner out on Thanksgiving with my mom, dad, oldest son, daughter and her bf,..mom and dad..and my sister and her bf...

Then on Sunday, my DH insisted that he make another thanksgiving dinner..so had lots to eat..

now it is back to my diet !

no shopping for me...with so many out of work in my family, it looks like the only presents here will be some thrift shop Santa gifts...I think we won't really be buying for anyone..there really isn't any "stuff" any of us needs anyways..but this will be an odd Christmas..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to fibroinsd's response:
Some of my best Christmases have been the ones where we are all having to be frugal. It was a real gift to realize we really enjoyed it anyway, perhaps more so!

(Kinda like the folks in Whoville in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.)

I hope that, thrifty or not, you all have a wonderful Christmas, Cece.

fibroinsd replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice..
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.