Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****11/28/2012 ^^^^
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where I have been up for a while and it is only just after 5 am.....not a good start for today....I was hoping to go back to sleep but after a while I have to just get up...

I do hope everyone else is resting and not up like I am. I am not a morning person....so I do not like waking up so early.
But when the mind does not settle down....there is not a lot I can do about this. Too much going on I guess...too many things to think about. I sometimes wish I had more *control* over things...

The time is really flying by again....Christmas is just around the corner now and then the new year right behind it as well. I am hoping that the new year will bring a lot of good things...but there is so much going on everywhere...have to have hope...

Welcome to the new members....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. I do hope everyone will check out the link to the article that Cece provided....of course, it is about Vitamin D...

The medical researchers continue to study the Vitamin D and just how it is connected to so many people with different illnesses. I think it is sad that it took them so long to figure out just how important it is.

I know there are several people dealing with so many different issues here. I hope today will be a good day for all of us and whatever you are facing will indeed get better. I think having other things to deal with makes it harder on us FMers anyway....just dealing with FM is enough.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and Fmily,

I am home. I left 80* and not a cloud in the sky to land in a snow storm in a dreary NY.....

This was the first travel episode that I did not do well. My abilitities to use my tools were of little help and I was in trouble for most of the trip.

No one knows how bad it was, but I didn't sleep for 3 days because of the pillow height, I finally found my old way worked of a skinny pillow and a towel to raise it to just right. God love my sis she had already added a memory foam mattress on the bed but I was way over the line,
from helping on Thanksgiving with clearing the table and doing dishes ( a huge trigger) WHAT WAS I THINKING??

I asked for assistance for the luggage to the overhead spot...and someone helped with removal, but I couldn't even pull it after sitting in those tight upright seats....

I was 90 when I saw my Sister . She saw me at my worst and as a joke said...I don't think living here in the future is a good idea (see I think I scared her).

She went to a Zumba class and I went....to see. I wiggled in the back but no way could I join, it is all arms and then up with the legs. Not a fit for me. I explained myself to the instructor who wanted me to join them so bad. I just said "bad neck" she knew right away.... But I have to laugh I knew the music and was saying " Oooh portugese!" Oooh Cuban" she was impressed of my language skill! When you are around so many cultures you can hear the dialect in them.....

My sister will live forever, healthy lifestyle...wonderful weather and plenty of joy in her life.

I had to call in sick for today, as I am in a bad place from this. I really have to turn this around. Crap why is the fight often at my door....why is struggle a part of breakfast eachday with us. I talk so much about distraction as my med...well with the holidays upon us, I am short circuited with all that needs to be done. With nobody to do it. I have to make the MAGIC appear here in the house for my grandchildren. Crap I hate this disease.

I will say a BIG positive was I went to their outlet stores and had it all shipped to the house and FINISHED my shopping!! That was a biggy, it is also what kept tipping me to trouble.

My couches are high to support my neck, there was no seat like that* so that was an issue. The bed....we walked alot (but I paced) often stopping as a need to take a picture and it helped me pace.

The weather and pool were great for me and the joy of seeing the crowd down there and hugging those who deal with other illnesses was a good thing. I am just very unsettled now. I have work in the a.m. and I am not getting shots for 2 weeks so I am screwed in this state.

I will be back on the weekend. I'll let you know how the fight with this went.....I forgot my steps in "dancing with this dragon" I have stepped on his toes and he is mad at me! So biting away.........

I hope you are all doing well and have found a good tool to helping you with this mess we are in. May the sun be warm, the snow only be on the grass and beautiful and the rain be enriching to your property....that's my mouthful for today! Hugs from me, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG....Nana B....I am so sorry that you got into this fix during your vacation....not a good thing to be sick and away from home at the same time....I know as I have been there done that also.

I do hope as you rest today you will feel so much better...and then try to remember those important dancing steps you have accomplished in the past....I am sure you will be doing them soon instead of draggin the dragon...

Perhaps you just pushed yourself too much....I do think sometimes that we actually *forget our limits* and every time I do this I am in *deep trouble*...I do not, for a minute, think we mean to do it either....it just happens.

There are times also when *stress* does this to me as well....we just have to figure how to *trick our mind* into thinking sometime else, which I guess I have not done yet...

Everything is indeed a process though with the wrath of the dragon.....I am like you...I hate times like this, especially when it happens when we really want it to be better.

Take care and here is hoping that you will feel better soon.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse replied to booch007's response:
Nancy, OMGoodnes, I am so sorry to hear that you got sick, and are still feeling unwell, while on vacation. I can fully understand as we have had illnesses here the past few days. We had the flu bug visit DH and he called off two days of work because he just felt so unwell and unsteady on his feet.

I do so hope that you begin to feel better quickly.

And I do so know ( and have had it happen to me. ) how hard it is to leave Florida when it's 80, sunny and wonderful there and find clouds, cold and snow waiting for you. A few years ago, LOL, DH and family left cold, snow and clouds here and got down to Orlando and it was 35, overcast and miserable.

Anyway, find a good place / position to rest and feel well quickly.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

I so far haven't gotten it but knowing how life treats me I will more than likely begin to feel it.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Middle of the Week, and last Wed of November to all.

I do hope that your yesterday went well and that your today is a good one. I hope that you have haven't had to deal with many fibro issues or "IT'S" pain.

It's cold here and cloudy. I can see the sun coming out and will get to 55 by mid day. It will be in the 20's tonight, as it was last night, but a nice warm up is due here over the next few days and we should be at 70, YES, by Sunday.

DH went back to work today. He has tomorrow off so can rest up again until Friday. He really felt unwell, but is thinking the flu shot helped keep the symptoms down. I so far haven't any symptoms of it, but am keeping a weary eye out. Have taken as many antioxidants as I can to help keep this flu away from me.

I don't have a lot to say today so will keep this short.

angelswife, sending air hugs to you today. I know having the tooth taken out will make you feel better today.

Nancy, do feel better today.

Okay, sending gentle hugs to all.. have a good day.
Linda R

lb707 replied to dollbug's response:
Oh Nancy,

You just reminded me why I hate to travel. Comfortable chair, good pillow and bed are necessities for me. Without them no tool would help. Gotta love the RV.

Well I have been getting use to a new laptop as the other one needs new internal WiFi which would cost more than a new one. So I got one off QVC......easy pay only way I could. Well I was about to throw it while learning all the new stuff on it. I am just glad I did not upgrade to windows 8 as my learning curve would've just given up.........I could have just stayed at the desk , but DH saw that was too hard on me.

I was using gabapentin at night to sleep boy did it help, but my anxiety went sky high. Did not take last night and did not sleep. Not happy.

Take care of yourselves and laugh a little today.

laurab

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi,
It's over...the extraction took almost half an hour. The tooth had shattered inside the socket; the bone around one root was infected and he had to drill that out; then he had to drill the bone around the other two roots so he could get the tools in there to get them out. He also had to remove the three posts that the last dentist had put in, in preparation for a crown that never happened. They were in solid and he had to fight with them.

I had four shots of Novicaine so I didn't feel much, but OMG, how I look! I have a huge fat lip and the right side of my face is all swelled up. The Novicaine is wearing off and I have pain all the way through my ear (I had to lie with my head turned sideways and my mouth as wide open as I could make it) because the TMJ has fired up. Of course the bone is yelling too because it really took a pounding.

It is a relief to have it done; but I will be using the heavy duty painkillers for a day or two until things settle down. The good thing is, the infection is draining now, so that part should heal fairly fast. The dentist still put me on antibiotics for a couple of weeks, though, because bone infections can be difficult to treat. Husband is on his way now to get the prescriptions filled. I will have to go back in a week to get the stitches taken out.

I have nothing on the agenda for today. I will be resting, drinking fluids, and maybe crocheting a little. At the moment I feel like I went ten rounds in the boxing ring, and I will probably be taking a nap soon.

katmandulou responded:
Quick hello today, it's so cold out!

I woke up with awful pain in my belly, and I'm seeing the doc at 2:30. I had lunch and the pain is moving, so we'll see what the diagnosis is!
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
OMG....so much going on with our FMers.....I hope that everyone will feel better soon....I know that from the past, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas has always been a trying time for me too.....don't know whether it is the time of year or perhaps the weather...but it is something.....I normally always get *something* to deal with.....I hope I am lucky this year though and am not *blessed with anything else to deal with*...

I hope all of you will rest and get better soon.

Take care.

MiMi

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
So much going on indeed. I hope you all feel better soon. My heart goes out to each of you.

I had a great day, my middle back went out at 8AM, I took 800mg of ibu to grit my teeth through work. I almost went home but felt pressure to stay. We are in the middle of big projects.

I have never had this pain before, it's in a new place. It feels like there is a knife in my spine. I can't lean left or twist. It made for a long day. We will see how I feel in the morning.

Here is hoping that we all have a better day tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
angelswife, so glad the tooth has been fixed, removed and the infection dealt with. Feeling better is just a day away and I am happy that you will be feeling better by the holidays.

I am betting the tooth being bad had been causing the ear and throat issues.. So once you have the infection from the tooth cleared I am betting the other things will be gone too.

Feel Better, gentle hugs to you, Linda

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, am sorry your feeling unwell. I hope when you saw the doctor you were given something to help ease the stomach symptoms and pain.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, sorry to hear that your back is acting up. I know so well how bad back pain feels. I have degenerative disc disorder and scoliosis and have suffered for decades with bad back pain and issues.

I know how your feeling so am sending feel better wishes your way and hope that what ever it was that caused the pain has eased and that you are able to move around without gritting your teeth.
Gentle hugs, Linda

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.