Skip to content
types of fibro pain
kdlite posted:
GM all. I am new to this community, joining yesterday. I was browsing and reading some posts and it seems that everyones symptoms are the same as mine. I was diagnosed in late August and it has been rough for me i've been dealing pretty well. I am sore from my neck, shoulders, across chest and upper back almost everyday. Yesterday was a rough one for me i'm assuming because it rained all day here. Today isn't as bad. Most days I cant seem to get warm enough. I find that a hot shower, heating pad help. I'm currently not on any perscriptions except for 800mg ibuprofen, but pretty soon, i'll probably have to take something extra. I hate taking medications. 've already made a post yesterday, but since i'm new to this who knows if i did it right. Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping active w/ this disease on a very limited income? Also looking to meet new friends w/ this condition for support and advice. Thanks and have a great day.

tamsenj responded:
I have the same issues as you do today. I am aching from the waist up so I am wrapping myself in warm blankets. Walking is great with music. Weather permitting. I try to stay in contact with this site and I don't feel so isolated. Hope this helps. Do you have an indoor track that you can use? We have a rec center but it isn't cheap.

dollbug responded:
Hello KDlite and welcome....MiMi in NC...I am sure that you will finds all kinds of *good tools* here to try....as you probably already know, living with the wrath of the dragon is a challenge....each and every day...and we, FMers, never know what to expect or when....I would like to say that Cuddl Duds are good to help keep you warm....I actually sleep in them and also wear them under my pants and shirts when I go outside when it is really cold....

It does take time to figure out the *right combination* of things that might help you cope better....so hang in there and I am sure you will find something to help.

I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to *control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well*....I do know that keeping on a schedule of sorts and getting plenty of rest and sleep each day is important for me....doing gentle stretches and exercises also helps keep the body from getting so stiff...watching what you eat and drinking plenty of water....

There is not a *quick fix or a magic pill* that I am aware of....I have been dealing with this illness for several years now....actually since 2005...there are times when I have *better days* than others....but I can not figure out why....

I would like to encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. This is a very cheap fix also...

The weather does affect a lot of us...and we just have to deal with it....unless you want to try to find a warmer place to live...

I am sure others will chime in to you.....we have a very unique FM support group here....I hope you will continue to post, ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions....

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

kdlite replied to tamsenj's response:
Hello Tamsenj. The last 2 days were very rough for me. Achy and sore, just felt like blah. No matter what I did I couldn't get warm. Although I did get MUCH relief at bedtime. I took a hot shower, then put the heating pad on my back for a while. Right before bed, I fixed a glass of warm milk and had my husband message my back. I slept like a baby. Today has gone pretty well. I still don't understand why I have so much soreness across my chest. That is a source of great worry for me, so I have made an app. for next week to have things checked out. There is an indoor track here at the YMCA, but on a super tight budget, that isn't really an option. Once before I tried yoga.(I did this by watching a video on youtube & it was before I was diagnosed w/ fibro) that actually did help my symptoms but only after the initial soreness of starting yoga. So I may go back to that. I'm glad someone replied to my post. I meet so few people in the "real world" who have this disease and who can relate to what I am feeling. So I am looking forward to any help, support and advice this community can offer.

kdlite replied to dollbug's response:
Hello MiMi,
Thanks for your tips. They all sound very "do-able". As I said in my previous post, I don't like to take a lot of medicines. Although I have started taking some supplements after reading about fibro online. I've started taking fish oil 1000mg/day, vitamin d3 1000mg/day, and a multivitamin. Ive made an appointment about the soreness across my chest for next week, so I will be sure to ask about other my vitamin d levels as well as what supplements they recommend. Im a little curious to see how this appointment will go because my regular doctor is booked solid til after the forst of the year, so I will be seeing another doctor. I appreciate any and all advice, tips and support that you are able to offer. I am glad that I found this community. i already feel some sense of relief that there are others out there who are dealing w/ the same issues as myself. Have a great day!

painfullyexhausted responded:
I don't post very often but when I do I tried to comment on several posts at once, not that you needed to know that lol. But what I like to do is read what everyone else is saying. I've learned a lot by just "listening" to wonderful advice from other FM'ers. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this crazy little thing called fibromyalgia ! There's so much to this "thing", this beast, this miserable mystery, that it's all too much sometimes and you just want to scream and cry like a small child that has lost it's momma. Then you get on this community of friends, people that you don't even know but can still call friends and feel like you belong some where, a place that makes you feel normal.

I hope that you can maintain your pains with minimal drug use (drug use meaning legal medications ( ; ) because trying to find your match can be so difficult at times. A lot of people say that pilates or yoga helps and you can do those right at home, free of charge or walking. Just simple stretching is great too. Hot baths with Epsom salts and lavender are sensational as well. It sounds like you're right on track so keep up the good work ! Best of luck...

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.