Skip to content
Need to whine a little
An_249160 posted:
I want first say Thank You to everyone who contributes here. These post I read have really been helping. I have tried to handle this situation on my own. I have 3 teens and a husband who are all to self involved to understand. So here is my whining. I have been trying to get my arm pain and hand tremors under control. Here is my issue today this only happens occasionally but today it makes me want to cry. My hair follicles are actually killing me today. Every time I flip my hair PAIN!!! So thanks to all for listening hopefully I will feel better just getting to actually complain. I hope at some point I can help one of you out with a helpful suggestion or just listen. Happy Holidays to you all!!!!

fibroinsd responded:
I am glad you got your whine in...it can be helpful just to get it out there..I don't have any good suggestions for you..but maybe somebody else will...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Rosalenna responded:
I'm sorry you are having one of these days. I hope that in time you will be able to get your family to understand what you are going through. I do not post very often, but I do read daily posts. And it helps knowing that others are going through the same thing you are going through. Good luck to you

humblepi responded:
Hi An_249160. I had that same problem with hair follicles a number of years ago. It lasted for years too. DAILY! At the time, there was no rhyme or reason why, so I cannot offer a remedy.That pain is a number 10 too as I remember!But it did finally go away,after a number of years (around 5 I think) ugh. Then more recently my hair started falling out in handfuls.Not really sure what made that happen either. Switched a few meds with physician approval and it still falls out , but not as much. I'm lucky I have a thick head of hair to start with.
Don't try to handle it on your own An. Make your family sit down and HEAR you! Any burden is lightened when shared and they NEED YOU as much as you need them, so they dern well better LISTEN!
BTW I have the hand tremors also, another no rhyme or reason symptom, but it does seem to be worse when pain is worse. I hadn't even noticed it. My daughters did and said "why are your hands shaking so much?" SO now I notice it is worse when pain or anxiety is worse. OR BOTH.
ASK your physician, ASK Dr.P here, our physician expert, or research. As I remember I was so ill at that time , it was just another symptom and I had no energy to research. My family doctor at the time had no answers, or even seem to want to know. UGH! I think we can all relate to that.
I hope you have a compassionate physician, that you feel comfortable with, who will try anything to help you. If not , keep looking til you find one.
Dr. P is a compassionate doctor, understands and may have some answers for you. My prayers and thoughts are with you. God Bless.
Mary

Wolfsong452 responded:
go ahead and whine, sometimes that's all we need. even a good cry.

booch007 replied to Wolfsong452's response:
I'll bring the cheese....you whine away!

When I have had this pain I either use a heating pad to relax the muscles and skin or I wash my hair with as warm as I can take it.......and massage the scalp. Try it? Maybe it will help you.

Good luck, this is a tough thing to master...Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
371 of 398 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.