Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Yehawww! My doctor finally is listening!!
Mommahonk posted:
This is my first post. I would like to dance about and swing each of you around with joy!
I KNOW how it feels to NOT have a doctor understand our Fibro problems.
I finally had to get angry and be kinda rude, but it takes that sometimes. I had, had it! I was so miserable: So my remedy that the doc has put me on: 6 years of misery first though!!!

Savella 200mg for about 8 months now, and it was awesome at first....but I was still having a lot of muscle pain.
4 weeks ago he put me on Lyrica 150mg.
These 2 meds have saved my life... even the depression is gone!!! I know these are band-aids, but they work for me.

I want to express something: these meds work on soft tissue only!!

I have to have regular pain meds for the hard ware in my body...my low back is damaged and my neck is bad and the head aches...
I do have to have muscle relaxers every once in a while.

I suffer insomnia as well, but Ambien saves me from that along with Trazadone.

HOLY cow.... alot of meds! BUT I am a live and happy again! 46 feeling at least 36!

Well, I just wanted to pass this on.... Good luck and God Bless!
Mommahonk

Candyland responded:
Wow, congratulations Mommahonk! To find the combination that works for you is fantastic! It's so good to see someone who's actually found something that works. And to actually feel HAPPY, that's something we're all yearning for. I'm so glad for you. Gives me courage to go on!
Candy

painfullyexhausted replied to Candyland's response:
AWESOME!!! I'm truly happy for you. We all long so badly for this moment, it's great to hear someone has hit their mark ! Best of luck....

humblepi responded:
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! Hope it continues for you.
It does give us still suffering hope to keep trying.

mnjeepguy responded:
It's good to see some victories here. I had good results with Savella as well. My insurer won't cover it but I hope to pass that hurlte in the future. I am very happy for you!

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome....MiMi in NC...I am glad that you have found a good combination which helps you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...

Have you talked to your doctor about your Vitamin D level yet? I do encourage you to do this...as low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...it is a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK the doctor to run it is NOT included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do...

I also hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...there are more good *tips and tools* there...

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
I too am so happy you are feeling better and 36 is a great age.

I want to raise a red flag here though. You are on 2 SSRI, SNRI meds and need to be so careful.

Please look up the seratonin syndrome so you are aware of the symptoms. Yes, you may very well have needed all this help, but I can't help but worry for you.

I had seratonin syndrome with Cymbalta and now I use savella as well....it gives you more norepinephrine (hence the 36 y/o part. But it raises seratonin as well...becareful...thats all. EYES WIDE OPEN.

It is nice to feel well isn't it......... Good luck, Nancy B ( R.N.)

dgoodw83 responded:
also have a combination i found but dont know how long im going to be able to continue to take one med but i take vicodin and gabapentin together and o my my it gets me out of bed and moving around for a short while. i love this combination it makes me feel so good.

im so happy for u that u were able to find a combo pack also i hope more people find what works for them also and stop the pain that they are going through even if its just for a few hours, everything counts when it comes to fibro.

Good luck to u all!!!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.