Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****Dec 1****24 days until Christmas ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....well...we are officially into the Christmas Season countdown...only 24 days until Christmas....MiMi in NC...where we are going to have some nice weather for the next few days or so...interesting weather we are having...I am sure this is just the *calm* before the storm of wintertime...it was interesting yesterday...as I saw all sorts of *birds* outside...so many different kinds...some I have not seen around here...perhaps they were just passing by in the neighbor...I have to laugh...as I think CoCo, my dog...was the product of a traveling dog...just passing through...I think he is mini pin....not exactly what I had expected him to be...it doesn't matter though...he is part of our family and will always be...I do not think the medicine helped him enough for me to continue it...I could not tell enough difference in him after 2 rounds of it..he does have some issues...

OK...so I hope those of you who are not feeling well...will wake up to a better day today...I hope that things have settled down for you and that from this day forward you will continue to get stronger and improve each day....it is not a good thing when we, FMers, must deal with something else....remember to pace, pace and pace even more...sometimes this is hard to do though...I know that I tend to *forget* that this is required of me when I am feeling better...but we have to remember that when we cross our line...then we will more than likely pay for doing so..

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process to figure out just what the body needs to feel better...and more than likely it will be a *combination of tools* that will work...

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is so very important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well..

OK....that's my story and I'm sticking to it....here is hoping everyone will have a good Saturday...enjoy the sunshine today if you can...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good 1ST day of December MiMI and everyone. I hope this your yesterday was good and that the 1ST day of the Christmas season is good as well. I hope you had few to no fibro pain or issues yesterday and that today will be the same.

It's going to be nice here as well MIMi. I'm not to sure where in NC you are but seems to be close enough that our weather patterns over lap some. Today it will get to just about 70 and 70 tomorrow and warm until mid next week. DH is making a few changes with his out of door Christmas lights and can do that because it's so nice in the evenings. I was in a t shirt and wearing sandals last night and will be doing that again this weekend. So nice for December.

I'm up to early today. ;( , 5:30 a.m. and I don't know why. I am tired, as fibro makes me this time of year, and really want to sleep more, but up I am. I have the bedding's in the wash now and will start on the kitchen floor as soon as I get up from here. I also plan to be out of doors, on this lovely eye candy day. I have a few errands to run today and am not looking forward to Christmas shoppers in the stores. Put of WalMart yesterday because the place was packed with holiday shoppers or those who were doing Friday night shopping. Either way I said " NO Way " to the crowds so will have to go today.

As for those Christmas shoppers the clock is now on and I am wondering if what they get today will be half price next week, had they waited. I for one will wait awhile and see if I can get things a bit cheaper as the holiday selling season goes on.

And as for that Holiday Shopping / Christmas countdown calendar everyone is now watching and going by. I am thinking more about the Ancient Mayan calendar count down.
I took and interest in it when I was in college back in the late 80's while studying History of the Americas. I don't believe the Mayans, who took and understood Science and Mathematics to a whole new level, thought or supposed for one minute that the end of the world was going to happen @ 12-21-2012 when they stopped their calendar. But modern day scholars are watching it anyway. Not me, life is too short and I have other things to deal with... like shoppers on the hunt for a deal. LOL

Speaking of that, let me get off here by wishing each of you a good day.. a day that is pain and fibro issue free.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon, I was up early as well, 4:00 am for work. the mill was supposed to start up after a week of repairs so they wanted the whole maint. group there for it. I was able to head home at 10, that's 54 hours and six days for the week. Most of that was basically woking in a pile of woodstove ash. I had my fill. I am surprised I made it through.

My Dr. appt. went alright yesterday. He listened to all of my complaints and did a trigger point test. I have had this before but I don't seem to have any, most of my problems are my joints, and they haven't found a cause yet, hence the treatment for fibro. I have to bring him my letter from my newest Rh to look over so he can stay in the loop. They never sent him a copy.

My insurance will not pay for any name brand drug unless you can prove multiple alternatives have been tried and have not worked. My Dr recommended another name brand, (Lyrica) so that was a no go. The other thing he suggested was Gabapentin, since that was available as a generic I brought that home to take 100mg before bed. We will see if that helps. I have read it helps some with fibro issues. Wish me luck.

My middle back problem has healed up mostly. My lower back is now pretty touchy but I can rest until Monday.I can't seem to work as hard as I need to to make a living withought pain. Around and around I go. Next week should be a welcome reduction in the work load I hope.

Aside from the silliness that is me, things are good today. It has warmed up a lot and we have light rain and almost 40 degrees. The humidity is not nice to me but I welcome the warm up.

I too don't care for the holiday shopping madness. We are actually ahead of schedule this year and are pretty much done shopping. I still have to sneak out and shop for my dearest, but that's about it. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Take care everyone.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... It is afternoon... I am being rushed by my grandbabies to get finished and off to watch our afternoon movies... They are usually at moms on Saturdays but she ha a way of letting them down and is back to letting them down... So... Nany bought slurpys and hotdogs from the QT... and we have had a little picnic outside flies and all... and now they are waiting for me to finish here and we are off to Netflix... Christmas movies by choice... lol... And rest for dear Nany lol...

I have a horrendous cold and cough... no fever... just lots to cough up and no voice anymore lol... DR refuses to give me an appointment... Go to the ER she says... I am calling my insurance on Monday... I tried to ask her to order me a chest exray and then see me for just antibiotics and maybe cough syrup... she says no go to the ER... I tried to set up my 3 month Appointment that I missed a month ago... They asked if I went to the ER... I said no... They said go to the ER... I think I have to fire a team member... She was a new one anyway... just got on board... took the place of my PC that moved away... I think we have a little communication problem... She isn't listening and I am stubborn... Why cost the state all that money when she can treat me and I can be fine...

Oh well... I get to start physical therapy on the 11th... after my son arrives home... Finally set the date... I think maybe they should deal with my falling some... now I fall like a yoyo... I fall straight down but I don't come back up lol... It.s a pain.. lol... My leg and back are creaming from last nights fall... luckily a roommate was up and brought me the wheelchair and held it so I could get up... sure takes a while... lol.. I don't make a very good YoYo ... lol...

Well... I guess I am giving in to both body and grandbabies... off to bed and movies I go... You all take care and have a nice weekend... love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.