Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday***12/2/2012 ****23 days until Christmas ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is chilly this morning...but at least it is dry and it is not 4 am....the things I am so very thankful for....had a nice family Christmas dinner last night...with over 50 people attending...there were several little boys and girls running around including my 2 grandsons...it is amazing to see how much children grow up in a year's time...as some of these children had....Noah did not get a nap yesterday so he was very tired...not a good thing either for him...

It was indeed a nice week-end though...and the weather was extremely nice...so glad it will be also for the next few days at least...I think the west coast is getting all of the *ugly* weather for now...

Can you believe that we are on the countdown until Christmas? This year has indeed flown by quickly....A brand new year just around the corner now....let's all just hope that this next year will be better...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...there is NO MAGIC PILL...that I am aware of...(yet)...hopefully one day, some day, someone will find something that will be...but for now...each of us must figure out the right combination of *tools and tips* that will improve our journey and learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon, as Nana B says...it takes a process to learn...

Vitamin D...so very important to a lot of people these days...

Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope each of you have enjoyed the week-end and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Be careful throughout this holiday season....if you can try to remember to help the children who might not have a good Christmas this year...there are places everywhere who are collecting for these needs...every child deserves to have Christmas......

Stay safe and remember to pace, pace and pace even more....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

I am in the midst of ALL the Christmas boxes for the MAGIC to happen here at the house. Under the gun and have the toolbox out as I am not at my best. 2 weeks before shots again! YIKES.

I look like a hoarder with the tubs everywhere. Dang mice got in some of the boxes and it is hysterical what they do! Bird seed....(just one type) in the chimney of santa (anna lee doll)
funny...then chewed the leg of a reindeer and pulled the thread OUTSIDE the tub....pulled the stuffing from the belly. Of all the things to do. I have to get traps up ther for sure.

Amazing how they got in the tub as it was locked? Devils...

Well, I am home, recovered somewhat and sleeping well IN MY BED. It will all add up. The stress of Christmas Magic is about 50% done and the empty tubs need to go back in the attic. Son#1 helped yesterday. Disappointed with #2 . BUT I can't hold grudges, he works so hard at the store.

I miss the warmth and air of Florida right now, but acclimated (sp?) to NY pretty fast. I stayed out of the drama at work and that was BIG....just worked with patients (my joy) and some paperwork and sales things. A two day week was just what the doctor ordered...not too much.

I had a patient drop her pressure with a nurse after an IV was placed (vasovagal) and actually seized. BIG...probably asystole for a bit..I had her legs in the air waiting for normal saline from the cart....and realized I was holding my arms above my head and so i jumped up on the stretcher and laid her legs on my shoulder to stop me from using my arms.

(see fmily how inventive you have to be) and then she finally came back to us. Chipped her tooth with the seizure ( I feel bad)

Come to find out "she has a habit of this....and didn't warn the nurse putting in the line!. GEEZ.... test was canceled but we held her for IV and looking at her other tests she did.

Usually it is a man who does this, not common in women. But dehydration and propensity can = this response. Crap, I hate seizures. Not painful to the patient but ugly for the person watching.

OK back to Christmas land here.....I am downsizing. I am giving away to Goodwill many things, I had asked last year for people to help me downsize and some took a thing or two, but NOW I mean it. so I have a big box of items I don't have a place for and will not be putting out. So downsize is good at this age and time in my life.

Still amazing amount of product here though.......collections up the butt! A beautiful thing. All stuffed animals are now on the bed in Olivias room, looks like a store! She is going to be surprised!

I shopped in Florida for the holiday and they all arrived as promised....GREAT STUFF. So I think I am done.

Once the house is finished I will go over a list of items and be sure I didn't miss anyone . That would be horrible.

Could you imagine....but I feel joy in the things I found and surprises I got. DH is tough though. Gonna get dinner out for us. At least it is something he'll do. The iPad...became mine. The MP3 player loaded with songs NEVER used! he has an iTunes coupon...but no iPod...not that he would use that either.

He is not a computer person......so I will go with the stomach.. Anyone else have ideas for a husband of 32 years?? I got two shirts in Florida for him and pants here. BUT tough guy to buy for.

OK, enough jibberish.....I have a million tubs looking to be PACED back to the attic! Empty now so I can do some of them!

A good day to all, hope something special happens today for you. That you appreciate the new life we have though challenged it is a life that makes a difference to someone, that you are important in some way. Watch it's a wonderful life again...........we touch lives in ways we don't even know!

Hugs to all, Nancy B

foreversore responded:
Good morning MiMi and Nancy. Glad you didn't get up too early this morning MiMi. It sounds like your family is in full swing holiday mode! Wow, Nancy that sounds like a LOT of work LOL! I hope you paced yourself and that you can make it through the next 2 weeks until you get your shots. Grand mal seizures are awful to have to witness. It would have been nice if the patient had warned you all in advance that she had this propencity to faint.

I am still awake after sleepless night number 2. I have had about an hour and a half of broken sleep in the last 48 hours. I am hoping to get this taken care of tomorrow as I dread another completely sleepless night. If I am not asleep by 10 pm tonight I may go to the ER and see what if anything they can do to help me sleep. I have to get some laundry done today and I am hoping that is sufficient enough to knock me out for at least a couple of hours.

We started decorating our house yesterday and will likely get it finished today. It mostly stuff DH has to do but I hand him stuff when he needs it. I need to find my Christmas music CD's so we can listen to them while we decorate the tree.

I hope that those who come later are having a good day today. I know we have a few members who have been ill lately and I hope that you are all steadily getting well. I'm going to sign off for now but I may be back if I continue to be sleepless.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday MiMi, Nancy, Foreversore and to all those who will follow. My goodness everyone seems to be in the Christmas mode. : ) Nice. As MiMi mentioned: remember during these busy days, Pace and Pace again.

This will be a short post. Don't have a lot to talk about this a.m. Am holding my own with fibro, issues,pain and symptoms. A good thing. Am done with the antibiotics and ear drops so am hopeful my allergies don't kick me into another infection.

It's going to be 70 today, some clouds, maybe, some rain, maybe but over all just an eye candy late Fall day. and oh boy, over 70 tomorrow.. DH and I are done with the outdoor decorations and the indoor. Finished assigning places for things last night, got the last of the things working and in place so we're done. We have a habit of placing one new ornament on the mantle wreath each year and DH picked out the one he wanted @ Hobby Lobby last night... so on the 1ST of December we are ready to go thru the month until Dec 25TH.

Will close this here.. wishing each of you a good day..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. I tried to sleep in this morning but the old beagle had to go out just after 4 and again at 7, slept alright though.

I woke sore from my long week but took a long hot shower and am feeling better. Today will be light and I hope to get motiviated to do some school work today.

We are in good spirits for this holiday too. Lat year was a bit of a stressful time and this year things are better and we were able to prepare sooner. The tree and lights are up and look great.

To keep mice out of thigs, try dryer sheets. I have not tried it myself but have heard it a few times. To keep them out of your car you can put one under your seat. It is amazing where they can get into. Anything their skull will fit in they can get in.

I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.