Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    I need answers
    nmonte94 posted:
    Right now who diagnosed me with fm was a neurologist and I'm supposed to be seeing her in a couple of weeks but don't I need a main doctor who can help me with all of this?
    foreversore responded:
    I see several different doctors for different conditions. For me my rheumatologist treats my FM. I have also heard of neurologists, pain management clinics and family doctors who will all treat FM.
    booch007 responded:
    I am followed by neurology only for this, my Internist is aware of the therapy and the meds she offers me. I keep a communication line open between all my doctors. I also see a cardiologist.

    In years past there was a large rheumy meeting in the US and they were going to pass all of us to neurology as it is nerochemical they feel in nature. BUT I have not seen it done.

    Best is you go to who ever understands this, accepts you and the issues and helps the life you have ahead of you. My Internist would be no good for me, not a good fit. But my neurologist is quite the champion doc for me....

    Good luck. Nancy B

    Helpful Tips

    For All our new members
    Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    403 of 430 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.