Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ****22 days until Christmas ****12/3/2012 ***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC..and it is going to be in the 70's today....OMG...we are having extra nice weather for this time of the year...it is weird but great...cool in mornings but then warms up...almost the perfect kind of weather...and it has been dry...this makes such a big difference in the way I feel...

Here is hoping each of you had a good week-end and I hope today will be a good Monday for all of us....I did sleep better last night...woke up a bit too early this morning...it is always too early for me when it is still dark..

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process...which does take time and effort...you will find some good information here though and a lot of good support...we all understand exactly what you are dealing with...we are all challenged each and every day in dealing with FM...

Vitamin D....be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked...which is so important for a lot of people these days..
Low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

Enjoy the sunshine if you have some and can get outside...

That's all...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and all,

The weekend was packed with Christmas music (on Pandora) (great invention)....and hussle. I look like a hoarder here and it is depressing me with all the mess still to fix.....but SO MUCH DONE.

I have to pull the massage tool out today, I will go later to help reset the back muscles and the neck, buy me time to injections.. YIKES. I will now plan ahead for next year.....NOT SO MUCH.

I made a big box for Good Will of things I will not put out anymore and was time to let go of....and in repacking after I will put the things that MUST be out for the holiday so I don't need it all down anymore...

Bathroom changed over, dining room changed over (with a casualty... Broke a hand painted glass) Did the girls room
Good stuff there....and now playing with the downstairs idea?
I don't know if it is worth it....

I am having trouble walking from the leg muscles. Had a funeral to go to yesterday and couldn't stand waiting in line for the family..couldn't hold my bag either...arms are weak. So you see I am a bit over the line. I will work on the muscles today and see if I can get patched up for work in the morning.

This is why I do this on Thanksgiving weekend when I have 4 days to do and recover, the extra day means so much! CRAP.
See being selfish and going to Florida was not so wise....
Or I should have decorated in October like I asked my family and they made fun of me. This pressure is only another trigger..(self imposed maybe....but a trigger none the less)

So, hot shower...a massage and heatingpad for this evening. Meds as needed today and we will see....could someone call the dragon to there neck of the woods? I promise to do the same when you are in trouble! :0.

Have a good day fmily, pace yourselves as I tried....fight back as I do....and look for something good in the day. My good yesterday was son #2 came to help put the boxes back* in the attic and we hung the caribou up with the deer. I put large Santa Bells on his neck (looks just like from the movie a Christmas Movie(?) ) I have bows for the deer and lights for the antlers! Good stuff for the family. I am setting the timer for 9:30pm so it will go on when the girls are here as MAGIC.......

That is around the time we will open gifts after dinner.....

Good idea right? Have to try and find fun in this mess we live in.........Hugs to all, Nancy B "gentle hugs!"

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I haven't been on much...for some reason it's taking me a while to bounce back from getting my tooth pulled. I don't feel really bad, just tired and disinterested in life in general. Of course, I had to stop my Vitamin D while I was on the antibiotics, so that's probably one of the reasons. I will be doubling my dose for a few days to see if I can perk myself up. This is not a good time of year for me to be feeling blah.

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I'd been taking half a Percocet again so my face wouldn't keep me awake, but I didn't take it last night. I slept for a while; then I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. The RLS was going crazy. I usually have it in my legs, but last night even my arms were crawly and twitching. It was really uncomfortable. I didn't have it at all when I was using the Percocet; but I didn't realize it until last night when I didn't take any. I am not sure what to do, because I don't want to use Percocet just to sleep. Maybe it will settle down again.

It was a busy weekend! Friday night I went to the tree lighting in our town. For the first time they had it in the park that I helped to build, and it was really nice. There was a four-piece brass band, a choir singing Xmas carols, and a bonfire. Afterwards, everyone went over to the Town Hall for hot chocolate and cookies. I got to see people I hadn't seen all year.

Saturday morning I helped decorate our church for Xmas. We also set up the new church gift shop, and it's really nice. We priced all the items and got them out onto the shelves. I may be running it this winter once we figure out the hours.

In the afternoon, Husband and I went to our middle GD's birthday party. She was turning 13...She really got tall this summer and she is suddenly developing a killer figure. I expect she'll be beating the boys off with a stick before too long. We stayed for dinner and cake; then we watched her open her presents. By the time we got home it was after 9, and I went straight to bed. I run out of energy so fast it's annoying.

Yesterday morning we had church. The service was longer than usual because we had communion, and Husband and I had to set up for coffee hour beforehand. I also had choir rehearsal before the service; and we had to clean up after coffee hour so we were there a long time. I was really tired when we got home; and all I wanted to do was take a nap. I still feel like that this morning!

In the afternoon we had to go to our pastor's house so Husband could pick something up. That got a bit awkward, because the pastor's wife has a drinking problem at times, and yesterday was one of her days. She doesn't get sloppy drunk; but she has a habit of hitting on me (innuendo and "accidental" touches). I have never been quite sure how to handle it, especially since she doesn't remember doing it when she sobers up.

She did that yesterday---she had me try on a sweater that no longer fits her; and as I was taking my jacket off, she said, "Come on; come on---lemme see your boobies." I was like, um, well, no thank you. She's a really sweet, loving lady and we've always been good friends, and I don't want to embarrass her by bringing it up later. I would never tell her husband either. If I'd known she'd been drinking yesterday I wouldn't have gone off with her to try the sweater on in the first place. What do I do in a situation like that? There is nothing in the etiquite books, lol.

I have rambled on enough...I need to get some breakfast and take a double dose of Vitamin D. I can feel the blahs really trying to get a foothold (my brain is saying there is nothing to look forward to and it's time to go looking for an overpass). Not a good place to be, especially when I've got such a busy week coming up! I've got Bible Study, a party, a dentist appointment to get my stitches out, two choir rehearsals, and a concert between now and Friday night. I need to get my motor running and boot these blahs to the curb real quick.

Wolfsong452 replied to angelswife's response:
sending everyone in pain, or depressed, or lack of sleep,

warm and healing thoughts.

I think I have everyone's dragon at my house.

Yet, still trying to do at least one thing a day, even if it means doing my filing and sorting and punching 3 ring holes in the paperwork.

Doctor finally listened to me and did the Vitamin D. check,

yep, numbers were at 16. so, back on the once a week prescription dose.

I'd wished they'd of listened to me last summer.

oh well, at least, seems like the doctors are trying now.

Wolfsong452 responded:
oh, almost forgot, 22 more days till my double nickel B-day.

egads, I'm not having any more!

fibroinsd responded:
Good to see everyone here...If you are doing well..it reminds me there is hope..and if you are struggling..reminds me I am not alone..

Not much new..except my car managed to come up with another "check engine" light on...my DS scanned the code and said it was safe to drive for a few days..so I went ahead and went to work out...but it makes me so nervous to drive...I will take it in on Wed..have so much to do tomorrow..and then on Thursday I am taking my mom in to check in with her regular doctor..hasn't been there in awhile...

Wolfsong...so glad to see you too...even if things are not so great...so glad you got that D checked...but yea..sure wish they had listened to you earlier..
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone, it's good to see more posts today. I had a decent day for a Monday, I can't complain. Work was reasonanble and quiet. Everyone is winding down from a crazy week last week.

It will be my second night on the new med, we will see how I react to it after a couple weeks. Last night I didn't feel that I slept any better or woke any more refreshed.

Angelswife, you sure run into some interresting characters in your area. Mimi, I hope you sleep in one of these days. Wolfsong and fibroinsd, good to hear from you both. Take care everyone, have a good evening.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.