Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Holiday Shopping
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
With pain part of the picture, how do you pace yourself when it comes to holiday shopping?

What shortcuts/tips do you use?

Do you shop online?

Are giving gift cards or money okay with you?

And once you have the gifts, how do you present them... gift bags, wrapping, what?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

jamh14 responded:
Do what YOU need to do and if people dont like it , in a word, TOUGH. No one understands what you go through except maybe others like me with fibromyalgia. and learning to say no and graciously explain why you need to say no, and not shop, is all you need to worry about. Yes giving money in cards is absolutely acceptable. And shopping on line helps a lot, expecially now since most companies are offering free shipping,. Do what you need to do.

dollbug responded:
Hello Caprice.....MiMi in NC....I shop for my grand children and then the adults decided to draw names....

I did do some of my shopping online this year but I then had to go and pick up what I ordered....I got some good deals though and it was work my effort. I will not wrap a lot though....as doing such as this puts me into a tailspin...it is not worth it.

I think for some gifts cards are good....and very easy too. Gift bags are nice also.

My DH and younger son took their hunting trip and I explained to them that they should not expect anything else...

I do try to help my children throughout the year....I cook lunch almost every Sunday for them....and help out on things which are unexpected....

I think that children, for the most part, should be for the young children....my opinion....

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to jamh14's response:
"Do what you need to do." Good advice, Jamh!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to dollbug's response:
Wrapping is enormously difficult for me too, MiMi, so reusable gift bags have been the norm here for many years. As has online shopping and gift cards. We're not big spenders for gifts at Christmas as it's more about spending time together (and everyone pitches in with that too) so that helps.

It is fun getting things for the grandkids, though. But, even for them, we don't spend a lot.

One thing for sure... I never actually go out shopping unless I know exactly what I'm getting. No wandering the malls looking for inspiration for me.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.