Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I might be figuring some of my triggers!
Dibug69 posted:
Good Evening Friends,

I am starting to finally get what triggers me.
1. Cold weather
2. Wet weather
3. Really humid weather
4. Stress
5. Getting chilled or over heated
6. Walking and carrying anything
7. Kneeling down or reaching up

OK so that is my whole life. LOL

My solutions so far.
1. Warm shower
2. My heating pad
3. Hot tub
4. Completely quiet dark room

I have always over extended myself by being the good catholic girl whom guilt over rules. I never said NO, I worked unlimited hours and tried to be super Mom.
I had to make the decision today to cut back to absolute min hours of work this week. I run a small business so this will be hard. I don't want to become a hermit but until I can make things more manageable this is what I need to do.
So if anyone has some more input for me I appreciate it. I right now just want my vision, pain in back hips and legs plus the exhaustion to subside a little. If I can get through this flare up without becomng depressed I will be exstatic..
Thanks and prayers for all of you suffering too. I hope someday I can help someone else out in this situation to.

Gabapentin, Ultram, Vauim are my prescribed meds.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi DiBug and welcome here,

I'm sure others will have some thoughts for you. Awareness, though, is the first key to learning to pace yourself. It's so necessary.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

squarley responded:
YES PLEASE DO NOT OVER DO , YOU MUST SLOW DOWN IT IS SO HARD I WAS THAT DO EVERY THING FOR EVERY BODY TO AND IT WAS HURTING ME SO BAD AND GOT SO SICK ,IT WAS A HARD THING TO DO BUT SINCE I SLOWED DOWN IT HAS IMPROVED ,AND GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP IS VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE BE GOOD TO YOUR SELF , YOU CAN NOT HELP NO ONE IF YOU DO NOT TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR SELF, COMFORTING HUGS TO YOU, SQUARLEY

xperky responded:
You are winning half the battle by figuring out your triggers. The other half is actually not doing the triggers...LOL. I have trouble with that one.
With Compassion,
Margaret

booch007 responded:
Nice toolbox and it is so very important to do this.....

The rest of your life you will add to this and learn more about you. EYES WIDE OPEN is a motto for life.

Planning your day as best you can and bring your tools with you if you can can give you a life in this mess we deal with.

Congratulations to you. I wish you could put this in the MEMBERS TOOLBOX to the right under resources...a caprice post with link there...it is helpful for all and permanent if placed in our toolbox! Thanks, Nancy B

rickie3grandsons responded:
everything you said ...well I almost think that it was myself that wrote that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this week has been very wet and cold here in Ont. canada I would rather have snow then this wet cold weather ,when I hurt I am VERY DEPRESSED and GrouchyWe had our grandson over nite last nite 6 yrs old and I wish I could run around and play with him .we watched xmas movie and had pop-corn and played lego he is very understanding gramma's bones hurt he says ...ONE THING I wish I had done when I was younger was to take time for MYSELF I am so burned out and I have no energy now I'm 54 yrs old and kids are grown up I have no hobbies BUT HAVE TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!I now....I sleep when I want to shop when I want ....keep in touch and gentle hugs ....

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.