Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****17 days until Christmas *****
dollbug posted:
OMG....the time is passing by quickly.....if you are not ready for Christmas, then perhaps you had better think about getting ready....Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a nice day today....I am glad since I do not like the cold weather....but another cold front is headed our way....so I guess wintertime will soon be here whether I like it or not...I am dog sitting again this week....Harley is good though....and she minds well...my son is traveling again so I will have her for a day or two...

The weather has been so very strange recently that it just does not seem like it is December, let alone Christmas....it was reported that the weather has had an affect on the shopping this year here...I think people just can not get into the mood with the temps so out of whack...Noah is ready for Santa to come...I explained to him that he has to be good though...he is in the stubborn age though...he crossed his little arms on Thursday when I told him he had to take a nap and told me that he would get his batcave....but he did not want to take a nap...I personally think he is getting too old for naps...last night I kept him while his parents went out and he did not want to go to bed either...he had taken a nap later in the day and he tossed and turned and was singing for over an hour...so I think soon the nap will go away...he has been a good sleeper though up until recently...just like his daddy...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently and those who have found their way back...it is funny as there are people always returning....I guess this is like school...and people return to see if things have changed any...I never went back to a school reunion...I have only stayed in touch with a few people off and on over the years...

I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...I know that vitamins and supplements work for me...as long as I keep myself on somewhat of a schedule with them...Dr Oz was talking about Omegas and just how important they are for people...I have been taking them for several years now and I think I have built my resistance up somewhat...Shortly after I got sick I had all sorts of sinus issues but this has since improved...I am now having eye issues though...and I can not figure this out...

Again I want to remind our new members to be sure and ask your doctor about Vitamin D....which is important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause some of us to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good one for all of us...with little to no pain...

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more if you are out and about getting ready for the holidays...

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Dear Mimi,

I am NOT ready for Christmas and the count down is killing* me!.......I think you need to COME NORTH and HELP me!! (ha)

This eye thing has given me a good fright....and I have alot to do. The Dr said i can do anything....but when I do that I get the flashes and it scares me. I have to watch for more floaters and I have to say if anymore happen in that small spot...I won't see and I am also afraid I won't know there are more in there with all I have already.

They say getting old is not for sissies****well don't we know this!

Despite the havoc of the recent days, yesterday went pretty well, the adrenaline of fear helped keep our dragon sleeping and not being in the forefront. I look for distraction in my life as a pain med, but geez not my eyes......too distracting!
I met a woman who shared her path there in the waiting room, CRIPES I don't have the time to do what they did to her. Thank goodness the retina didn't tear! I think the retina is lifted as I have these halos to things and blurry vision...unless when the vitreous detaches it creates a space that changes clarity. No one told me the answer. Said I can do anything. (He should only know what I struggle to do all the time)!!

I will look into other posts for the day now and begin to catch up in the house. I cry about the holiday BUT I own a friggin deli and they can COOK the whole party...so I don't know why I feel I have to do it ALL. We are our own enemies!

Breathe! I wish a good day to all......may the sun be out. Here in NY it is raining for the next 4 days I think. Dreary and cold...but I am in with Christmas music on Pandora and will wrap gifts make lists maybe bake and plan the BIG event to come.

I have more shopping to do and need to do it next week.....
Ideas coming more freely this year for people. A blessing.

I am giving my husband some good ones....A cynder block!
It is the beginning of the NEW GARDEN for spring! A raised garden I saw on Pinterest (thanks to Sharon...) I can't wait to build it. My vision of it is perfect.

I hope you all found that one gift that makes you just GET THE SPIRIT of Christmas in your heart. OK, good day, better day to all. I am walking this day carefully (guarded) but feeling more safe. Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMI, Nancy and to follow. MiMi is right, Christmas is just 18 days away! :- OMG did the time fly by. Seems like we were posting in November that we weren't ready and here it is so close and I know I'm not ready for it.

It has been warm here but over cast and light rain every so often during the day. I like the warm but the rain and wet isn't my cup of tea, but better so much better than cold and snow. It will be warm tomorrow but come next week the bottom will drop out from under us. Will really feel like Christmas.

I don't have a lot to say. Am feeling better, but the IBS is still a BIG issue. Am taking the meds and am hopeful by watching what I eat and how much I will feel better by Christmas. I have to be in North Carolina by the 26TH for the family Christmas there and want to be feeling good to enjoy it.

I have DG here today. He's playing XBOX games and DH is getting ready to head out of doors to get our 1929 Model A out of the barn so our SIL can be shown how to start it and drive it tomorrow.

Nancy I am so sorry you are having the eye issues. I too have them but not so much now. I do hope that in time you will feel better and be able to get those Christmas things done and are able to enjoy the holidays.

Okay, hello to all.. feel well today.. gentle hugs to all,
Linda R.

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
It's been a busy few days. Thursday I was at mom's all day doing the laundry; then yesterday I went back and baked 48 dozen cookies. This morning I loaded Husband in the van and took him out to breakfast as a bribe to help me deliver all the cookies. We delivered 11 plates and picked up a Xmas tree. Now I'm home and resting before I clear a space for the tree; and Husband is off at church fixing and putting up all the electric candles. I would like to have the tree up by the time he gets home, but we'll see.

I am feeling a little better today, and I'm hoping I've finally turned the corner on this time of not feeling well. I was doing somewhat better; then three days ago I got a tender spot on my cheek where the tooth had been pulled. The dentist checked things when he took the stitches out and said it looked good; but this started up after the stitches came out. I don't think it's an infection because I'm not running a fever, but the pain has been really fierce. It feels like my face is burning up.

The pain in my jaw radiates to my eye, nose and ear (even down my neck!); and I can actually feel the nerve inside my mouth where my upper and lower jaw meet. It feels like a guitar string and it's so tender I can't touch it. I had to take two Advil and half a Percocet last night so I could sleep. Today it seems to be better, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But between that and the flare it was a really lousy week. I was so tired I didn't bother with choir rehearsals or the concert. There is always next year.

I have rested long enough, though...it's time to get the living room squared away. Husband wants to decorate the tree tonight and I need to pick things up and get the tree into the house. Hope everyone's having a good weekend and recovering from all these extra health issues.

mnjeepguy responded:
Quick post tonight, we have a good sized snowstorm on it's way and boy can I tell. It starts tonight and ends Monday bringing up to a foot of. snow. We are made for it up here and it;s realy no big deal, but I love watching the storms. Take care everyone,

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.