Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cold Weather
Kmom10 posted:
I'm new to this site ~ Hi All! Was in the grocery store the other day & the clerk (a friend of mine) asked how I was feeling. I said, "I hurt everywhere." She asked if I thought I was coming down with something. I said, "No, just Fibromyalgia." She wished me well & I told her I look forward to April & warmer weather and thanked her. I really do not like winter, hurt so bad. Have been reading the info on WebMD & found it helpful. Already do many of the suggestions. Have been dealing with this for a long time. Have tried some medications, cymbalta made me Very Sick! Finally got on a non-therapeutic dose of citalapram & PRN clonazapam. Changed my life! I can now do things with my family without being overcome by anxiety & nausea. Does not take the pain away though. Live on ibuprophen & tylenol...Come on SPRING!

booch007 responded:
Ahhh spring the joyous time when life renews itself, and we al wish we would *renew too!

I found it similar when I came a long time ago. I joined when I got a name for how awful I feel and the neurologist said I need a support group. I found that I did so mnay simailar things as to others here, but I gained the contact that so many walk this road.

I also only used ibuprophen for that time. But I began bleeding so I had to move forward with a pain med. Same Tramadol for 13 years now.

More non edical then medical I think is my cocktail, but I supplement quite a bit. I also take 3 meds for this. Whatever helps the day happen and the life continue is the plan.......

Well welcome and please stay and share your path for the rest. It can be an amazing help to someone....even just to hear you understand the mess we are in.

Have a good day, Nancy B

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome....MiMi in NC....I think we all know exactly how you feel....most of us *hurt everywhere*...but there are times when the hurt is worse than others...when I first got sick, I felt as though I was getting the flu...and it just never completely went away....and now it is just part of the *normal* for me...so I have learned to deal with it....I am one of the FMers here who take vitamins and supplements and do other things as well....I can manage the pain for the most part...but the chronic fatigue is what I have not found anything at all to help...and I hate this part of dealing with this...

I do know that sleep has a BIG part to do with the fatigue...and I do have some better days...I find it hard to believe that there is nothing though that might help it....so I continue to do my own research and try to find something that will help me....

I do hope you have gotten your Vitamin D level checked which is so important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well...

Please be careful with the over the counter drugs...as they too can be a bad thing with taking too much...

I do hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page...I am sure you will find some things that perhaps you have not tried yet...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

painfullyexhausted responded:
Hello !

I have tried many different meds and most recently was rx'd Citalapram. Last "antidepressant" was Wellbutrin, which was ok at best for a short period of time. Tell me about the Citalapram as far as what you've experienced. Weight gain ? Do you find that your mood is better or do you just feel better in general ?

I've been dealing with FM for 15 plus yrs and have tried so many antidepressants, ones that are meant to help FM, and so on. I don't sleep, I have pain every day (like everyone), knees, hips, shoulders, neck, ribs, feet, and flare about 3 times a month to the point I feel as if someone has kicked the daylights out of me on top of having the flu from hell. I also get every virus that I come in contact with. With this being said, yes, I am depressed so I need an antidepressant.

I haven't been able to find one that actually helps with the depression so in turn I truly believe that my FM is way worse. Who wouldn't be depressed when dealing with chronic pain and fatigue. I read that Citalapram is a mood enhancer and gives you a feeling of well being. Well, in my view, If I have a feeling of well being then I will feel better. If I feel better then my pain won't be in my face 24/7.

Now that I've gone on and on, can you tell me how it affects you ? I know everyone is different with meds and FM, this isn't my first rodeo, but I haven't talked to anyone that has FM and takes Citalapram. I would greatly appreciate any info that you are willing to share with me.

Hope to hear from you soon !

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.