Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ***16 days until Christmas ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is already 54*....and not even 9 am....OMG...it will be around 67* today...and 72* on Monday...then the low 50's again....Wow...very strange and weird weather for December...not quite *Christmas weather*....but it is what it is...there is nothing that we can do about the weather...whether we like it or not...and time is ticking for Christmas as well...we finally got our Christmas tree up and decorated yesterday....(fake tree and this will probably be the last year I will use it)....I just might try to find another one at the end of the season this year...

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a great Sunday for all of us...

I am having chicken, baked potato and salad today....easy lunch to prepare...there are days when I just can not cook a lot...but we always have to eat something...I thought this would be ok being my grandson has been sick this week and his mommy has not felt well either...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process to figure out just what your body needs...and you should remember that what helps one may or may not help you...you have to decide what really helps you cope better....as for me...I have found Vitamins and supplements and using other things as well is a good thing for me...this was only after trying different medicines but not finding anything that really helped enough without causing side effects...

Vitamin D....for the new members....please check with your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked...which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause some of us additional pain...(it certainly did for me) and it can also affect other illnesses as well...(according to the medical researchers)...and the best part of this is that it is a cheap fix...I am now taking a multi vitamin with extra D...I have found that source one from walmart is a good one for me...I take the 50 plus...

The heating pad has also become my best friend...heat sure helps my lower back...and Stopain Spray also is good stuff...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Have a great day....enjoy some natural Vitamin D if you can...

Cory...I guess you are getting the Christmas weather...enjoy the snow...send some in my direction closer to Christmas Day....(this would be nice)...stay warm...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

foreversore responded:
Good morning MiMi and all who come after. It is a cold, dreary, rainy day and instead of getting warmer as the day goes on it will get colder and the rain will turn to snow. We aren't supposed to get any real accumulation and even if we do it is supposed to warm up to the mid 40's later this week.

I am about to go crawl back into my bed with my nice heated mattress pad. The cold and rain have me achy and chilled to the bone. I am hoping that after a nice nap I can go on about my day. Sunday is always doggy bath/grooming day. My little girl is pretty easy she just sits there and takes it but my little boy struggles and fights me the whole time. He had a bad experience with a groomer so now I do it all and I get to deal with the aftermath. Dogs are smart and they don't forget.

DH is making a big batch of his homemade chili for supper. He already has it simmering in the crock pot. Before long the house will start to smell wonderful. Later on we will bake some corn muffins to have with the chili.It will be a good way to fight the chill of the evening.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday. May you accomplish all you set out to do and get it done without invoking the dragons wrath. Lou I hope you are continuing to mend. Nancy, I hope your eye issues are settling down. I can't imagine how scary that can be. Cory, you can keep your snow LOL I don't want it! you stay warm and drive safe

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
It's peaceful here today. I've been puttering around the house a bit, and Husband has been wrestling with the outdoor lights. The lights have been hanging on the house for three years now, and I'm amazed they still work. If I had the money I'd buy new sets and replace them all while Husband was at work. He had something short out and now half the bulbs have blown. He's been trying to fix them all day and he's been really cranky. But he's got a cold too, and that doesn't help any. He's been feeling rather miserable.

Yesterday I got the Xmas tree indoors and I set it up myself. I hadn't planned to, but Husband was off doing repairs at church; and once I got started it just happened. Have you ever had a job like that, where you figure you'll do a little bit; then before you know it the whole thing is done? That's how it went with the tree.

I cleaned up the living room first; then I decided I'd prune the tree on the deck and get it ready for the stand. When that was done, I thought I could at least get the tree inside, so I put my gloves on and dragged it into the house. I took a rest after, and thought about how ridiculous the tree looked lying in the middle of the living room floor.

So I decided to put the stand on the tree. After I did that, I figured what the heck---since I'd done so much already I might as well just stand the darn thing up and be done with it. So I stood the tree up and that was that. Husband was sure surprised when he got home, lol.

Now I'm toying with the idea of putting the Xmas lights on the tree. I also feel a nap coming on. Maybe I'll take a nap first and put the lights on afterwards. There's not much going on and it's a good afternoon for a nap.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday to all. I hope this post finds each of you in a good place.

It's nice and warm today, some light rain and off, and then sunshine. Like MiMI it will turn cold next week, but tomorrow we will be toasty at 70 something. Not Christmas temps here, more like Christmas in Los Angeles.

As for health I'm in a really bad flare. I am still suffering from IBS symptoms and some fibro ear, balance and muscle pain. The Gabapentin at 300 2 times a day isn't cutting it. I know that I will have to up the dose, not going to like it, but honestly I feel terrible without it and only so so with it.

I feel like I could be the Poster Lady for how bad fibro
symptoms and issues can be. UGH and OUCH.

Went shopping with GS and DH yesterday at the Mall. So many shoppers! Took forever to find an open parking space.
Didn't buy anything but GS tired his best. Just couldn't find anything that made his heart happy. Left the mall with all our money, that made our heart happy.

DH is watching football games so I will go outside and water the flowers that are on the porch that are not getting any rain.
Funny I am looking around for things to do since I've gotten the hard Christmas stuff done and behind me. Gotta say having the Christmas tamales done and in the freezer, in air tight food saver bags, and the shopping done, the rest of the month will be beyond enjoyable!

Okay, not much to say today.. so will close this post here with well wishes for you..
Have a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello everyone!

I had the best day! No pain today! first day in months! What a wonderful feeling. I got the lights on the tree last night. It looks so pretty! Today I was completely lazy. I even got to take a nap! I have had a lot of pain from the knee surgery the last month. I kept getting FM flare ups after physical therapy.

The weather has been great in north Florida! In the mid 70's today. We got a cold front coming in tomorrow. Our highs will then be in the 60's! I wish everyone a wonderful week. Gentle hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It's beautiful outside. Everything is covered in nice fresh layer of white. We ended up missing out on the storm, but we recieved about 3 inches. It was enough to make the roads bad but we had only a short dirve in town today.

The southern half of the state took the brunt of it. There were over 300 acccidents state wide since last night. I think the twin cities ended up with 10 inches of fresh snow. It's a mess down there.

I took it easy today. We had a nice relaxing afternoon. We watched a movie, wached some football, and had a nice dinner with some friends.

I hope you all have a good week ahead. Sleep well and take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.