Skip to content
Merry Christmas fybro family
An_247151 posted:
HI EVERYONE just wondering how the christmas cheer is coming along I can't get in the mood the weather is wet and cold didn;t get out of bed until 11;00 hot shower and med's still you know ....I have xmas music on and candle's hope that will help.need to move somewhere warm and dry. hope all my fibro family are hanging in there !!!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
For a variety of reasons, I'm not quite in the true spirit of things yet but I'm getting things done. Gift shopping all done, outside lights up, tree up and decorated and house almost finished decorating. I tend to do it a little bit at a time (which is fine since I live alone).

The most fun is sharing the holiday with my grandkids as they attempt to make Christmas cookies, etc.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Anon_2912 responded:
Having to work full time keeps my mind from falling into a funk.

I have to be around people..

maggiethedoglover replied to Anon_2912's response:
I think you're right as I have been slowly more and more depressed since I stopped working. I think I will look for a part time or temporary job after the holidays.

This year, I just wish they were over. It's hard when you're short of energy and money. Well, my son has been telling me I spend too much on the grandkids.

there is a school in Kenya made out of sticks and mud that I am supporting. I like to think of the children when I am down and trying to get up out of the funk. They need a school built out of concrete but the money is so hard to get together. Still they are happy for anything that is done for them.

Take good care of yourselves.

Soft hugs,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

painfullyexhausted responded:
I hear ya ! Can't believe it's 2 weeks til the big day !

The weather is ridiculous, rain, rain, and more rain and brrrr cold. I did see about 10 flakes of snow on my way to work this morning. At this point, I think snow would be better. We decided to have a cut tree this year, too muddy to get it, so we don't have a tree up yet ! Only a few decorations out.

Usually this is all done by the weekend after Thanksgiving, I just can't get into the spirit this year. It definitely feels more of a chore this year. We all have had colds and flu, I've been having more health issues as well. Honestly, I just want this over with. I don't even have all of my shopping done, nothing is wrapped. I use to be so organized and on top of everything, that's obvioulsy in the past now.

I don't feel like doing anything nor do I have the energy to do it. My sweet husband would do it all if I'd just ask. He doesn't want to step on my toes, he knows how independant I "want" to be. He's just waiting for me to give him the go ahead, bless his heart. He always comes through for me.

Maybe I'll shake the scrooge soon and move on to the happy holidays. Hope everyone can do the same and enjoy this time with their loved ones.

Best of luck...

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.