Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday *****14 days until Christmas ****can you believe it?
dollbug posted:
A good morning to everyone....MiMi in NC....it is 2 weeks until Christmas....OMG....better start getting everything together as the time is flying by....and it will only get faster....where has the time gone this year? I have no idea....but I do know that the holiday season arrived and is quickly going by....as it always does....it is almost like the time speeds up....funny isn't it?
If you don't believe me....just get out and go to the store for something....they are covered these days with all kinds of people out and about....trying to get things done.

So much for the mind and body to absorb....and it is hard to do when the body is still in slow motion....as I tend to be...there is not but one speed for me anymore....I think I use to have multiple speeds at one time in my lifetime....

Last night the temps here was in 60's and it is suppose to be in the 50's as high today....very strange and weird weather for this time of year....and it is suppose to hang around these numbers for the rest of the week now....

I am off to spend quality time with Noah this morning....he is my sweetheart....he is so happy for the most part....always has a smile on his little face....even when he is not good....We, grandmothers love our grand babies....I think this is why they are called *grand*....

Welcome to the new members....I am sure that each of you will find something that will help you cope better....it does take a trial and error process...so hang in there and find the right combination for yourself....we are all different and what helps one may or may not help another....

Keeping on schedule really helps me....and if I happen to get off....which I do at times....then I can tell this...

Vitamin D....be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked....which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Have a good day one and all.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi and everyone to follow. I hope this post does not end up in the webmd Black Hole like my first one yesterday did. ;,

I sure wished we'd had MiMi's temps yesterday, low 50's and down into the low 20's last night. I lite the fire place before going to bed and feel asleep to the flickering flames and sounds of the crackling of the wood. It will be just about 40 as I head out the door to help with the seniors luncheon. It will be a bit warmer in the day time, 50's but cold in the low 20's until the end of the week. December has arrived.

And OMGoodness isn't Christmas just steam rolling itself closer to us? Gosh. Talk to my middle daughter last night, she's married to the Marine SGT based out of Camp LeJEune, NC. She bought her father a wonderful jacket from the PX so many years ago and he wears it when ever it gets cold. BUT it's not a warm jacket. So I asked her if she and DSIL could go into the PX and see what types of jackets they are selling now

I Have looked many times over the years in the different PX's and they didn't have one even close or like his. So fingers crossed that they have one like the one he loves. DD will let me know so I can send money to them via their bank account, and have them get and have it waiting for him when we get there on the 26TH. She said she'd go up and look today. They live 30 miles down the road, not on base. They just went up and got their base car tags / sticker yesterday.
If DD can get the jacket it will make DH soooo happy. Of course the gift will be from me but I'm sure my middle daughter now has a smile on her face because she will be able to get the best gift for her dad and beat out the other two.

My daughters jockey to see who can get their dad the
' coolest ' gift. You see DH has the special smile when he gets something that he likes a whole lot. You can tell he like by the smile that comes over his face. This smile says WOW I am happy. So the girls try to get that smile going with something they give him. It's almost like the episode of FRAISER where the two boys try to get their dad the best gift. It's the same here. One will tell the other, dumb, what they got then the other two will rush out or go online to see what they can get that's better. So funny. Yesterday my youngest daughter called to ask if he'd like this gift she got him. OH yes it will be nice. But not, I'm afraid, as nice as the jacket I'm trying to get. : ) Gift competition doesn't stop with DD's. Hee Hee.

I had a delay getting to the dentist yesterday and then they couldn't take the X Rays because of something with the machine. UGH. So I have to go back in when they can fit me in. I so Hate that.

I don't have a lot to post here as my yesterday was slow. I wish each of you a great day. And I hope that you have no fibro issues or pain to deal with today.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

lb707 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Good morning,

Not around much lately. I have been having more then normal pain in the mid back area which took me to my DR.......usually would have gone to chiro. This just seemed different to me.

She did trigger point injections on me in the area between the shoulder blades and lower neck, said it was hard to find the worst areas as they were all flaring. Her plan is for me to go to chiro next week and injections the week after and do that to see if I could calm them down LOL not what I expected. She told me my chiro is one of the good guys and to trust him.

She also said keep up the pilates and yoga and feels I probably have some disc deterioration, but what would it do to find out unless I was ready for surgery.

It has all just made typing so hard as this is the first day in three weeks my hands and forearms have not been numb.

I am so glad you are all here to read when I can't type.

laurab

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
It's been a low-key morning. I'm feeling a bit off, but I'm not sure if I've caught Husband's cold or if it's the "monthly visitor" preparing for an early appearance. I'm feeling mildly achy; my throat is scratchy and I've been sneezing more than usual, along with being in "pre-flare" mode. I chucked my mile-long to-do list and contented myself with doing the dishes instead. I divided them up into batches and rested in between.

I'll be preparing dry beans for soup after lunch. Mom told me how to prepare them fast, rather than soak them overnight. I have a 16-bean mix that I want to cook; then I'll put them in chicken stock and add some mixed grains and frozen veggies. That should make a fast and tasty soup.

I want to get a bit of shopping done while the beans are soaking---if I don't decide to take a nap, that is. I am feeling rather tired and I have that crawly electric feeling starting up in my shoulders and arms, which is a sign for me that a flare is on the way. But I need a couple of items for round 2 of my baking marathon; and I have to pick up some birdseed from the nursery. They can't sell it because it's full of webs, and they've put it aside for me. The birds here don't mind a few cobwebs, lol. Seed is seed as far as they're concerned.

Not much else to say...I need to get the beans started. I want to surprise Husband with the soup when he gets home tonight, and the beans will take 2 hours to cook after I soak them. If I plan things right the soup should be done when he walks in the door. Hopefully I'll have gotten the shopping done too. Hope everyone's having a good day!

Teelady1 responded:
Good afternoon! A quick post as I need to get to work.

Hard to believe it's only 14 days to Christmas! I'm slowly making progress on all the Christmas shopping and preparations.

I hope I don't jinx it - but I think my recent flare is dying down. Slept fairly well last night.

Wishing everyone a great day with little or no pain - and good sleep tonight!

booch007 responded:
You are killing me with the count down...

I am in a hole guys....bad. A pity party that won't stop. I even cried at work this morning.......

I am a fighter, a trooper, a positive in the negatives....mellow yellow.... B U T..

Dealing with the dragon and being cheery, having the neuropathy from the surgeon who cut that nerve in my leg and now the last surgery is not healing right. I have chronic phlebitis where i was worked on in 3 places and it hurts ALL the time, no change with heat or massage of the vessles....
Just pain....he suggested LYRICA (Ha! he should only know and understand....) That is not happening.

And now the third straw...the eye*. This Left EYE is just knocking me off center. I feel like "what else on the plate. I have trouble putting in IV's....(I still get it on the first stick, but major effort and concentration..).

In working with the insurances the letters are all blending together. I close the left to see the EKG's while people are walking.......I am a good nurse and great diagnostition in the office, I would hate to lose this job...lose to me saying i am not up to par. I have not compromised a patient and if that happens I am OUT for sure.

This is just hard for me to "see" through (maybe a pun intended). I am LOW...very low and with the holiday upon us, I am just not myself...........

OK, I brought my pity patrty here , thanks for listening. You guys have the best ears for the issues of all............

I have 3 weeks more before I see* the doc again. I can't say it is better, the eye as i had said in the past can be so off...feeling like 3D vision is what I am dealing with.

Cripes.........I need to make lemonade out of this....crap, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Nana B....sorry about the countdown....but you know, it is what it is....even if I did not mention it....I LOVE CHRISTMAS....it has always been my most favorite time of the year....am I ready? Nope, no really....I did mail my Christmas cards yesterday and we finally put up the tree....(with a lot of effort)...I use to have all sorts of *Christmas knick knacks* (a cheap ornament is one definition of the words) but all of mine were not cheap, by no means...I do not have the energy to put them all out so that they can be enjoyed....it has not happened in several years now....nor will it...unless a miracle happens...

Christmas Day will arrive though....whether I am ready or not....I do only what I can do....and if anyone does not like it....TOUGH***But I still LOVE CHRISTMAS SEASON....I love the lights, the songs and the music....I use to love the shopping, the hustle and bustle....each year it comes faster and faster....I actually look forward to the holiday season around October....(I do not especially like Halloween but I know it is getting close when the end of the month arrives...

The *spirit of Christmas*....is a *special time of the year*....for more than one reason....people seem to be more aware of life in general and what is actually going on....it is a fun time....it is a serious time....

Nana B....I am also having eye issues....and I know that this is no fun at all....I do hope you will soon see some improvement in all of your health issues....

Tis the season of Christmastime....

Soft hugs to you and the rest of our FMily....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
We can only do what we can do. Don't let anyone or any event make you feel bad about that. It was a hord thing for me to learn. I used to try to do everything, I did for a while but I just can't anymore, and I accept that

I woke this morning to my furnace running way too long and the faint smell of gas. I am always carefull and knew it was very little so we all went about our day. Once to work it was worrying me. It was cycling the burner on and off, on and off, over and over. It was only in the single dgits this morning.

I did some questioning of the electricians at the mill and some other smart cookies. I came home at 10 to find the faint smell of gas agian. I went down in the small walkout basement and it smelled more. I aired it out, shut off the gas and power to it, and took it all apart with my troubleshooting tips.

No luck, so I went online and dug around for about 5 minutes and foud a simple thing to try, I figured it couldn't be that easy. It was! I drained some water out of a small vacuum hose. After puting it all back together and running it several times it was back to normal withought an expensive repair. No more gas smell, nice cozy house again.

That was the highlight of the day, not freezing the house up and not calling the plumber:0

I was surprised today with my body, I was groggy this morning but has a lot more energy than I have in months. I am hopeful the Gabapentin is helping.

Tonight is supposed to be -3! That is the first below zero temp for us this season The only ones that like it are the ones waiting to go out ice fishing, not I.

Hang in the Linda, I hope you get yourslef back soon.

Take care everyone, sleep well.

Cory

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.