Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ultram
franr posted:
Hi guys

Well I slept about 5 hours last nite I think.The pharmacologist made adjustments to the meds. Has anyone been on ultram. Wondering what the ffect of this does, I think I took in the 90's. They want me to take it at bedtime with my meds.Please let me know.

Anon_10089 responded:
Hello-

Many here use Ultram or Tramadol (same thing). It is considered a non-narcotic opiate-like medication. It does affect serontonin levels in the brain, so just be careful if you are taking another med that affects serontonin (many anti-depressants).

I used to take Tramadol but my body quickly became tolerant to it. So to get pain relief, I would have had to take more pills. For me and others, discontinuing can cause some withdrawal side effects, so for awhile I was taking it just to not have side effects. I came off of it slowly and was okay.

That was just my experience. I know others use it and have very good relief. I hope it helps you!

maggiethedoglover replied to Anon_10089's response:
Hi,

I am noticing the beginnings of that same tolerance for Ultram. Can you tell me what happened after you completely withdrew? What did you replace it with?

Thanks,

maggie

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats - Voltaire

foreversore responded:
I took Tramadol for a while but had to stop it due to side effects. It made me sleep funny. I wasn't awake but I wasn't asleep either as I could hear and sense things around me. It also caused me to have awful nightmares once I went deeper into sleep.

xperky responded:
Tramadol has done wonders for me. It helps relieve my pain and I am more active as a result. I also take it during the night when needed. If I have night pains, I sleep better from the relief.

Each of us is different though. I hope you get better sleep soon!
With Compassion,
Margaret

lb707 replied to xperky's response:
Tramadol is the only med I ever taken that I say I never want to be without. I am afraid of it not working so I try to skip a day once a week and only take one on days I can. My normal is 2x50mil a day. On really bad days I take three. It was my podiatrists of all people who told me to do this for the tolerance issue.

Yes for some the side effects can be an issue....I worked through them with plenty of fiber, apple cider vinegar and benadryl to begin with.

Told my Psych they made me seem happier and she told me the weak antidepressant effect did not cause it.....I just did not know what it was to have pain controlled......all I know is it helps with my mood.

laurab

Anon_2912 responded:
I took it for about a year, but did nothing for me so I quit taking it. I only took it a year, so when I stopped I did not get any withdrawl affects. I didn't even ask my doctor until I went in for a check up about 8 months of stopping it.

I have a weird metabolic system anyway, and everyone reacts different to meds. Like they say it is a "trial & error".

Ibuprofen 800 has helped more than anything else they have tried me on for fibro.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.