Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How do people cope with a fibro flare
franr posted:
Good Morning

Well another miserable night no sleep and pain. Ithas been along time for me sich I had a fibro flare.The increase in meds is not doing anthing. Tonite the md wants me to pair klonapin with a 1/2o lunester. Has anyone taken this? How do others cope with these terrible fibro flares. Any Encouragement would be helpful. Fran

booch007 responded:
Fran,

A week late in this posting...sorry. I have alot going on in this body of mine. (My year for a tune up I think?)

Pairing those meds will get you a good nights sleep and it will maybe reset the pain cycle you are in.

I would also take a hot* shower before bed and warm your muscles up a bit....make sure you have a soft place to sleep. Even the couch cushions have been a place to slumber for me in a bad way.

I have a memory foam mattress topper on the bed, SINCE I JOINED HERE. It was one of the best tools i learned to help the night of tossing and turning...and lack of rest.

But I have woke up painfree from being on the couch on the soft cushions there....(don't quite understand it all).

I use a muscle relaxant at night to help with the morning pain I have and I use Tramadol as my pain meds now, moved up from Motrin after years of that....

I wish you well, I hope you are in a better place this week from last. This is a tough mess we are all in , each different from the other...a tweak here and there can make a difference. But is so daunting a challenge to figure out what works for eachother.

Please take advantage of the toolbox in Resources on the right (under Caprise) and look in the posts up under Dr P. SO much knowledge he gave us while he was here......

All my best, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.