Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibro flares/relapses
kdlite posted:
Hello all, I just wanted to update about my symptoms. The weather here has been in the low to mid 60's for about 2 weeks now. The last few days the temps have been in the 30's @ night and 40's-50's during the day. Thinking back, I haven't had to take anything for pain (that I can remember) for almost 3 weeks now. I'm not sure how this is but I'm thankful for it. I've started using weights to work on building shoulder/neck/upper arm/chest strength, maybe this is what's helping. I also do some light/mild yoga several times a week. My question for the community is: Is this a normal part of fibro? To have flare ups, or weeks when you are pain free? I've been feeling well these few days into weeks and I really like it. Hoping that everyone is coping well w/ their issues. keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

squarley responded:
I HAVE HAD THIS 20 YEARS AND YES YOU CAN GO WEEKS WHERE YOUR OK, I HOPE IT LAST A BIT LONGER FOR YOU, BUT IF YOU HAVE FIBRO IT DOES HIT YOU AGAIN, I AM OLDER NOW AND HAVE LESS GOOD DAYS, BECAUSE BESIDE FIBRO I HAVE MINIERE'S AND MIGRAINES AND IBS AND ACID REFLUX, SO IT ALL WAYS SOME THING ,BUT GOOD FOR YOU WORKING OUT AND FEELING GOOD, STAY WITH IT AND HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS,HUGS ,SGUARLEY

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
I too feel like Squarley... It can come and go... In the beginning it was definitely on and off for me... But as my MS and Parkinson's got worse so did the flares... Now they still come and go but I must say more frequent and more pushy... lol...

I hope you take advantage of it and cherih the moments... But don't forget it is veering behind you and ready to jump in at any time... Still be careful for what you do... Still pace yourself... Don't do stressful things for a long time... You just might not get by with it one of these times...

But also don't keep looking behind you for the dragon... or pull the rug out from under you... Relax and do something good for yourself every day... Don't forget to keep doing your light stretches... and your exercising...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

kdlite replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Thank you ladies. I'd typed up a reply and for some reason it wouldn't let me post it. The past week physically was pretty good for me. Its been almost a month now and i've not really had to take a pain pill. Not that I wasn't in pain, but the pain was bareable enough that I didn't really need one. Emotionally & mentally, I was a wreck. I think that this was mostly due to the tragedy in Newtown, CT. It really hit me hard because I have children in that age group. I've done a lot of crying. Honestly, I felt better after I did cry. Something about a good cry is cleansing. Today started off well, but as the day went on I began to get achy all over. The weather here has gone from the 50's-60's to 30's-40's. Its rainy and damp and they are calling for snow flurries. So I chalk my feeling up to that. Other than that I am well. Thank you Dakota and Squarley for the encouragment. I wish you and your families a blessed, and Merry Christmas! As well as to anyone else reading this post.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.