Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF ****Roll Call ****11 days until Christmas ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF....and a good morning to each of you....MiMi in NC...where it is 27* and my 2nd time to post....that's right...I posted and then the post would not take...as the post button was gray instead of orange...

So....perhaps it is not meant for me to share my thoughts today....I was unable to copy and paste it....and I do not feel up to posting the entire post again at this time.

Perhaps I will return later today and share it with everyone.

That's my story....as it is short this Friday for the 2nd time.

Have a great Friday....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I'm about to fly out the door to mom's---today is round 2 of the baking marathon. Would you believe I baked 48 dozen cookies last Friday and I still need more? That's a lot of cookies!---I will also be going to mom's tomorrow to do the laundry and help her decorate her tree. Husband and I finally got ours done on Wednesday.

I need to grab a quick shower before I leave. I look like I slept under a bus last night. Hope everyone has a good day!

katmandulou responded:
Friday - the end of the week, and I'm still confused.

Another cold one here this weekend, 39? now and heading to 45?. The cold makes me feel icky, and the early darkness makes me sad.

I'm recovering nicely from my ordeal. I see the surgeon Monday afternoon, and I hope I can start eating real food next week. A low-fiber diet is yucky, white bread and veggies cooked beyond recognition. I bet he'll want a full reporting on output too!

Christmas shopping - almost done. Waiting for the jewelry boxes for two nieces to go on sale, and I think I'll just get gift cards for everyone else.

Sorry you had a problem posting,Mimi. I'll come back later. I always enjoy your narratives.

angelswife, when you're done at your Mom's, come on by and help with my decor. I've done nothing, no lights on the porch or in the house. DH is thinking about getting an artificial tree. I found my favorite decoration - a stuffed snowman holding a wreath, and the wreath lights up. I set him on the entertainment center in front of the TV, and he immediately fell over! Sounds like me!

DH is plying me with low-fiber donuts, this morning's is vanilla cream. SO fattening but I don't care.

I wish you all the best Friday - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi, angelswife and all to follow!

A quick check-in. I'm slowly crossing off irems on my Christmas To Do List. Hoping to accomplish a few more things this weekend. I enjoy doing the Christmas preparation stuff - but it's when those things are in addition to the everyday things like laundry, grocery shopping and house cleaning that I start to get stressed out. I'm learning, though. Pace - pace - pace myself.

Hopefully, I'm not going to jinx it - but the recent flare seems to be dying down a bit.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and weekend with no or little pain - and good sleep!

dollbug responded:
Hello....today has been a really stressful day for me....I think the morning started off on the wrong foot and then it just got worse as the day continued....

But I did want to return....since I had problems this morning....I had to get my hair cut on Wednesday....and then yesterday I had to go to get my driving license renewed....I was really dreading this also....but had put it off as long as I thought I needed to...just in case I did not pass....I did not know that a person has up to a year to get them renewed....but of course IF you are stopped by the law they can give you a ticket for driving with an expired license...I also did not know that a person can go up to 6 months before they are to expire....so I learned a lot on Thursday....I do not know if NC is the only state which allows this....but it was good for me to know...I was worried about passing the eye test....as I have had problems with them...but I did ok...so I am ok for the next 8 years....

And then I also wanted to share something with you about what happened this week....we have a place where we eat often....and we were there this week...one of the waitresses there came up and told my DH that she needed to speak to him before we left...anyway...as we were about to leave...my DH reminded her that she said this...she proceeded to ask him about the young man who came with us around Thanksgiving....which is our son....she said she just wanted to make sure that there was not a mistake on her tip....I laughed...told her that whatever he left her it was what he meant to give her...she ask us to make sure that we thanked him for it...she said she could not believe this...it is good to know when your grown children do something nice for someone...I was proud to say the least... He has been through a lot...not being allowed to see your own child and going to court for the past 2 plus years for something that you are not guilty of....is enough to mess with the mind....he has stood up well under the circumstances.

I continue to hope and pray that soon we will get to see my granddaughter....with the tragedy that happened today....something like this really bothers me....

Please remember these families who lost their loved ones today....as I am sure Christmas will never be the same for them....May GOD provide them with comfort at this time....

I do hope things will get better....

Have a good night's rest.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 replied to dollbug's response:
Mimi... I hope that your family will be reunited and you will see your granddaughter very soon...
Would make for a wonderful Christmas miracle and wonderful New Year... And I believe in Miracles... You will have yours... this coming year will be filled with miracles for us all...

I am just up checking in... seen your post... hope your evening is much better then your day... Close your eyes and meditate on the beauty of the season... And believe in the spirit of the season...

take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.