Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am so very sorry and saddened today
jillylin posted:
Please may I offer my condolences to all of you in the USA. Our news has been broadcasting about the terrible tragedy in Connecticut. and the loss of of those sweet innocents. All I can offer is my heartfelt prayers for them and for you all.
Gentle hugs
Jilly in the UK

angelswife responded:
Thanks, Jilly---I live In CT. Newtown is half an hour away. We are still trying to make sense of what happened here. It will take a while to sort it out. Lots of tears here this morning.

booch007 responded:
It does effect everyone who hears this terrible news. To lose your children, why at this age did this sick man have to aim for.

My heart goes out to all those parents and witht he holidays upon us.

Eachday we hug our own and send them out in the world, you never know what will meet them. Kiss all your loved ones and be safe.

How does someone get these assault rifles to shoot so many at a time? There has to be a law of control on these guns....

It is just so painful.. Nancy B

angelswife replied to booch007's response:
Nancy---the latest report said it was the shooter's MOTHER who bought the guns for him. She is dead now, along with (they think) the father. The shooter's girlfriend and the brother's girlfriend are also being listed as missing; but there is talk about two bodies being found in a home in New Jersey. 20 children are dead here, along with the school's principal. I can't even watch the news any more.

jillylin replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife, I know what you mean. I have stopped looking at the news because I just start crying for those who have had their lives ripped from them. I don't think it will ever make sense .
So terribly, terribly sad.

angelswife replied to jillylin's response:
Two of our church members have lost grandchildren in the shootings, so it's hit home in our community too. We are having a special prayer service tomorrow night to address this and hopefully start the healing process. I really have no words to express how I've been feeling today. Out of the 20 kids killed, 18 were 6 and the other two were 7. You have to wonder whatever happened to the shooter to make him target kids that age.

One of the teachers who died hid all her first-graders in cabinets and coat closets. When the shooter came in, she told him the kids were in the gymnasium. So he killed her and left. She saved the lives of all the kids in her class and is being honored as a hero today. She was 27 years old.

booch007 replied to angelswife's response:
There was a gathering at the deli yesterday as a customer we have is the uncle of a child who is gone. It was so sad at the store my DH said.

The more I watched the more I couldn't believe....I am awaiting the reason for her buying those guns....

My son has many guns as he is an avid hunter...he even has an Elephant Gun...so powerful (as it needs to penetrate a strong hide...) that is what he used in getting the Boar he got.

He eats all he kills and wastes nothing. I couldn't imagine him (a seemily normal guy...owns a business and married...) losing it and killing someone.

I do agree that the assault rifles have no place in society. Why do you need to shoot so many rounds at ANYTHING.

I have never liked the hunter in my son, but he fishes and uses bow and arrow...he is an outdoorsman.

This is not normal...to own those guns (we have NO HANDGUNS...only rifles for hunting) (locked in a gun cabinet).

If she wasn't a teacher what did she do? In background checking would the knowledge that she was the owner of all those guns have come up?

Society is now a defensive posture and not the open society that small communities enjoyed. Trouble can be anywhere.

So sad.....It is just breaking my heart with the age of these children and the trauma that has been afflicted in these homes. No matter what time of year, let alone now in the Holidays..., it is overwhelmingly painful. .

Nancy B

angelswife replied to booch007's response:
The story right now is, she bought the guns because she was afraid. She'd gotten a divorce and was scared of living by herself. I suspect there's more to the story than that, though. They say she often took the kids target shooting with her. I can't help wondering if her son's mental issues actually came from her. You only need one gun to protect yourself, not an entire collection of them.

dakotaspirit1957 replied to angelswife's response:
The despair you and your friends are sharing Sharon is so unreal... So unspeakable words can't express them fully... My heart is filled with tears thinking about the loved ones like you left behind to deal with such madness... I thought of you immediately when it happened... Praying your world wouldn't be closely touched and I am sorry it was... But such cruelty touches us all as human beings... Such madness doesn't belong in our world... Especially when our precious little ones are involved... Such sadness is beyond my imagination... And expectations...

I hope you are alright... I know how it is so easy to question "why" now... There is always a reason and we may never know it but Someone above has reason for it... I pray for His strength and love to surround you...

Sorry I know we aren't suppose to get to talking religion... Call it a slip...

My heart and thoughts are with you and the world...

And I agree with you Sharon... You only need one gun for protection... not a collection... And not an assault rifle...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

jillylin replied to angelswife's response:
Yes, there have been stories on our news of the bravery of the teachers and how they hid the children. After Dunblaine ( in Scotland a man went into one of our primary schools and shot so many children and teachers) our shooting clubs were closed down and all our schools have only code entries now. It is a sad reflection on Society that we need to think this way.

All I can say is that here in the UK you all have so many people praying for those involved in this horror. It may not be our Country and our children but we share your pain and sorrow. Our hearts and prayers are with you.
Hugs
Jilly

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.